Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > country music discussion forum

What album(s) have you bought on Amazon recently?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-38 of 38 posts in this discussion
Posted on 26 Sep 2009 15:14:35 BDT
Sparky says:
Hi all, I'm not big on country but I did see a country tinged duo recently who gave a very professional, totally enjoyable and extremely well received show in Twickenham after which I bought their cd's - and I haven't stopped raving about them since. I thoroughly recommend No Fool for Trying by Madison Violet, two young ladies from (Scottish) Canada who sing, write and play beautifully.

Posted on 8 Oct 2009 13:57:13 BDT
Dave W says:
Have just got the new Toby Keith CD, American Ride it's great.
Nice mix of songs, great words and music, would rate it as one of his best ever cds

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2009 19:34:45 GMT
Hi,never heard any of John Berry's music,what you have missed,are you in America?,if I was I would have seen him many times.currently doing his 25 city Xmas tour,then in February does his amazing love song tour with Richie Mcdonald.Compared to him,not many good country singers about.The late Dan Seals can sing,just ordered [the third one]the storyteller,the song,Wood,an absolute gem.Give the cd to friends.Gave one to Charlie Landsborough,the 3 afore mentioned singers,are to my ears the best of today's singers.Can't think of any of today's ,especially the ones on the recent CMA awards that you could call a good country singer or even a good singer.Was getting to hear on youtube all the old country music,Carl Smith,Hank Snow,and many others,from oldcountrytunes,and a lovely song from Marty Robbins,Fly Butterfly Fly,but youtube struck him off.
just had 2cd's of Reba's one given to me,one I bought,disappointed ,all too fast.
Two outstanding songs on her moments and memories,And Still,and My Broken Heart,only like her doing her love songs.
Saddle The Wind,Wildest Dreams and All The Way To There,are good cd's of John berry's all in Amazon

Posted on 22 Dec 2009 12:52:03 GMT
MAC says:
Bring back CMT - fair enough, as long as it is COUNTRY Music they broadcast, not that pop garbage that George Strait and Alan Jackson (real Country artists) complained about on "Murder on Music Row" a few years back.

Posted on 1 Jan 2010 15:09:54 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jan 2010 15:17:03 GMT
For Christmas my wife got me [from Amazon] Revealed the 3 CD Set of Hank's Mothers' Best Recordings- FANTASTIC, but then aren't they all. With money my Mother-in law gave me for Christmas i got The Early Years by Ernest Tubb [4CD Box set]. A gem of a set. I have 4 CD's of ET on Bear Family, but they start from 1947-this set is from1936-1945.BF has a box with these track but it is £115.00. beyond my reach. I also got the 4 CD Set of Dolly The Tour Collection, another great set. Earlier I got Tom Russells' CD The Long Way Around.- excellent album.

Posted on 25 Jan 2010 13:38:55 GMT
A. Hansen says:
"Teardrops in my Heart" by Texas Ruby.All her best recordings 1946-1963.If you like the music of this era,seek it out.Ask me in December,this will still be my Album of the Year.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2010 19:24:36 GMT
Hi Hypergod,our local radio station Radio Devon has just stopped Big Al's country on Sundays,it was very good,he played old and new,I myself like very little new,country is very popular here.Charlie Landsborough is probably the most requested artist on Radio Devon.
You have never heard John Berry,hear a few of his songs,he will amaze you.Currently doing his amazing love song tour with Richie Macdonald,does it coming up to Valentines day,very popular,only one thing wrong ,it's in America,not UK.Any one know of any country music played around Exeter or Newton Abbot,not modern country rock,some of the older music.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2010 23:14:55 GMT
nocheese says:
Hello Barbara
I'm very sorry to tell you that Hypergod passed away on 7th January. He had kidney failure and some associated complications, and sadly he was too weak to fight off an infection. He had many good friends on the Amazon discussion boards and is very much missed. If you look on the music forum you will see that a get-together (p*ss up) he had planned to attend is going ahead and that in a tribute to him it is proposed to play some country music.
I'm sorry to be the bearer of such sad news, but he would have hated for you to think he was ignoring you!

Posted on 20 Apr 2010 14:12:56 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Apr 2010 14:14:45 BDT
Mr. A. Rigg says:
I'm new to these board but a big country fan. I've just bought lynn anderson crying, very dissapointed with the poor quality recordings. Billie jo spears, the cheating kind ( awaiting arrival) and crystal gayle- wo great love songs. Such a great album. I really miss cmt too, I used to love that when I was a kid.

Posted on 7 May 2010 20:52:05 BDT
MR P HAGGER says:
Waylon Jennings - Ive always been crazy & ol waylon
Hank Williamms jr - Habits old & new
Doc Watson - The essential

4 fantastic albums

Posted on 19 Aug 2010 07:03:43 BDT
doglove3 says:
I buy a lot of country being a country music fan but the one that arrived recently in the post was: The Nashville Superpickers...Live From Austin City.
I think it's time Bill Anderson did a few shows here in the UK.

Posted on 26 Dec 2010 11:20:06 GMT
R. Tims says:
Marty Robbins, All Time Greatest Hits.

Posted on 31 Dec 2010 20:38:40 GMT
S.R.J says:
This
The Guitar Song
and this
That Lonesome Song
S.R.J
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the country music discussion forum (46 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  25
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  24 Sep 2008
Latest post:  31 Dec 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions