Showing 26-39 of 39 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 3 Sep 2010 01:08:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Sep 2010 01:09:25 BDT
Val H. says:
I'm not sure where you can buy it but you can read about Jed Ford at:
http://www.freewebs.com/luckydeanos/myinitiationintocw.htm

and listen to the song at :
http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/DP/2007/12/363_115_Jed_Ford_-_Eight_Letters.mp3

As the latter is an .mp3 file you can save it to your computer (just go to 'File' and then 'Save as') and then you could burn it to a CD.

Hope this works for you.

Posted on 4 Sep 2010 20:10:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Sep 2010 20:18:01 BDT
P. Baird says:
does anybody know a song called thank you for being my wife who is the singer?it is not the al martino song of that name it is a line dance song

Posted on 13 Dec 2010 03:07:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Dec 2010 03:11:22 GMT
G. E. Ward says:
gew says; roy clark recorded a song the first line of which was "i know i am not your first love". does anyone know the title/where it can be obtained from please.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2010 09:27:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Dec 2010 09:28:56 GMT
Val H. says:
GEW - I googled "not your first love" +"roy clark" +lyric. The results were a bit muddled and I couldn't find any reference to Roy Clark, but the song suggested appeared to be "That's All That Matters to Me". It was written by Hank Cochran and the best known version seems to be by Mickey Gilley.

I know, I'm not your first love
There's been others before me,
But I'm the one that's got you now.
That's all that matters to me.

And I know other arms have held you
I'm not jealous of these,
Mine are the arms that hold you now,

I came alive when you came along,
You brought life into me.
Honey, I don't care what's in your past,
Your as far as I can see.

And I know other lips have kissed you
I know you've been thrilled and pleased,
But mine are the lips that kiss you now

Mine are the lips that kiss you now
That's all that matters to me...

I then went to allmusic.com and searched for Roy Clark as artist and clicked on the tab for Songs and then All Songs. It shows him singing a song called "That's All That Matters" on a 1971 album called "The Incredible Roy Clark". I don't know whether it's the same song but it would seem likely. The album doesn't seem to be available on CD, nor is the song available as an mp3, but there are six used copies of the LP available from US$3.00. See
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001H8LUI0/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1292231631&sr=1-1&condition=used

or you can preview some different mp3 versions (including Mickey Gilley's) at
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=that%27s+all+that+matters+to+me&x=0&y=0

Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2010 23:11:43 GMT
G. E. Ward says:
thank you. you are quite incredible. the song you found is the correct one. G. E. Ward

Posted on 20 Dec 2010 14:45:44 GMT
J. Kearns says:
Hi, Can anyone help please? I accidentally recorded part of a record years ago by a female Country singer. The quality is awful but it was a lovely song and the the lyrics were as follows. I've tried everything to find out who it is and what is the title without success. Here are the lyrics

It's been a month or more since he walked out the door, he probably thinks that I still miss him
and though he's out of reach there's lots of pebbles on the beach what makes him think I can't resist him. I bet he sure feels smug, he thinks he broke my heart, then I sit at home alone and cry. I only miss him, I only miss him on the days that end in Y.

Hope you can help

JimK

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Dec 2010 15:26:50 GMT
Sammi Smith - Days That End in 'Y'
Video attached -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vARZS10LbJI&feature=related

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Dec 2010 15:41:38 GMT
J. Kearns says:
That's it! That's it! Thank you so much.
JimK

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Dec 2010 15:50:39 GMT
Glad to help :)

In reply to an earlier post on 19 May 2011 10:42:05 BDT
i have 4 lps of karl.none of them have that track on. it,s not one that i know

Posted on 31 May 2011 13:02:41 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 31 May 2011 13:03:10 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2011 14:27:09 BDT
D. Lench says:
if you ever know some of the lyrics to any song then your best bet would be to type them in google search as i've done this many times myself with some very good results

In reply to an earlier post on 31 May 2011 14:30:59 BDT
D. Lench says:
have you tried google shopping? if not try that for starters, it might help

Posted on 18 Jun 2011 17:14:14 BDT
Jim Reaper says:
As D.Lench says just google your snatches of lyrics that nearly always works for me. In tracking down obscurities AMG as already mentioned is a great resource.

Others i use to help research shows im putting together include everyhituk.com which has all single and album chart entries for the UK since the inception of the charts in '52, Billboard can help with this for the US.Secondhandsongs is good for finding some covers though its very far from complete but is still useful. Another good place is Bandtoband.com which is like an online rock family tree which can be fun to see where you end up as you go there looking for one band and just get sidetracked.Its surprising to see whos played with who.

Also don't forget some of the more obvious places, despite the bad press it sometimes gets for accuracy Wikipeadia is an indispensible resource.Its very good for song/album titles sometimes.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the country music discussion forum (44 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  39
Initial post:  5 Nov 2009
Latest post:  18 Jun 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions