Customer Discussions > country music discussion forum

Online Petition To Bring Back CMT (Country Music Television).

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 205 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Oct 2008 10:54:31 BDT
hypergod says:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/CMTeurope/
That's the 'address' to go to, to add your name to the petition. I apologise for mentioning this AGAIN, but I thought if it was a discussion TOPIC people who don't actually read the discussions might see it and sign up. ANYTHING to get some Country on the TV (it used to be on 24/7) where there seem to be countless channels all playing THE SAME STUFF and NOTHING for US!
To anyone who signs, THANK YOU! Now get your friends and neighbours to!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Oct 2008 19:03:22 BDT
S. C. Sallis says:
Please bring back CMT Europe

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2008 07:50:35 BDT
M. Taylor says:
Thanks hypergod, will do. Maybe you can help me with something else. I have a new P.C. and can't listen to music on Amazon before I buy it. Used to be able to hear a few lines and decide from the track. Can you suggest anything. No links are showing when I get to the list. Used to have a link for real radio before, but not now.
Thanks Maggie

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2008 11:20:51 BDT
hypergod says:
Hey Maggie,
All I know about is going to Amazon.com (the American site) and a lot of the CDs on there have 'Listen To Samples' under the picture of the CD artwork. You click on this and the Amazon Music Sampler window opens, you get 30 secs of each track. If this is what you were talking about, sorry, that's all I know!
On another matter, try checking out the 'How come this is the first post? Where are all the Country fans?' thread. A few of us 'Country Cousins' post on there on a pretty much daily basis. Just a chat with friends really, we'd be glad to have you along (and any other Country fans out there), none of us knew each other before a few weeks ago (except for a mother and daughter who write in, I have a feeling they'd been introduced previously!). Anyway, if it appeals to you, dive in! Perhaps one of them will be able to answer your query, if I haven't.
Adios

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2008 11:49:15 BDT
B. Smith says:
Pleased to have stumbled upon this thread as the current lack of country is bizarre. I've even written to various radio/TV stations to ask why but never received a reply so happy to sign this petition ..... b.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2008 11:57:03 BDT
hypergod says:
B,
When they can't even be bothered to reply you can see how much they care about us Country fans, and indeed, the contempt with which they treat their 'customers'. One day we'll all get together and boycott them! Then watch them get polite and caring in a hurry!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Oct 2008 12:47:45 BDT
Lets have it back, with all channels available, surely a spot can be found for COUNTRY MUSIC.
E.McLoughlin

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2008 11:35:15 BDT
Misfit Mor says:
Hi,
I haven't had a TV for many years. Refuse to live with one.
The gripe I have is that .....was it 2 years ago?......they cut Country music radio programmes by half! 50% . Without even asking us if we wanted them to. So now, there is only one programme a week that I use my radio for.
Who pays them, eh?
Do I qualify to sign the petition even though I don't use a TV?
Friends in Country.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2008 11:58:24 BDT
hypergod says:
Why come on HERE to ask me, you madwoman? Of course you do!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2008 12:09:00 BDT
Misfit Mor says:
Was getting bored waiting for 12.00.
Knew if I went off to do something else I'd be in the wrong place at the right time.........or something like that!
x

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2008 18:03:05 BDT
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will do Just a thought you can now buy radios and listen to intrnet radio, you can listen for hours Mother Mo

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Oct 2008 19:49:57 BDT
Last edited by the author on 24 Oct 2008 19:50:32 BDT
Misfit Mor says:
Hi, Jean,
(I'm sorry but I was SOOO tempted to put "Hygiene" there!)
(I've got a friend, Cynthia, who I greet "Hyacinth"!)
Thank you for the info. I will check that out.
In the meantime, how about you coming and joining us on the Country fan thread? We're ALL nutters on there but have become good internet friends. And we all LOVE Country music.
Would be good to have you on board. Fresh blood and all that!
Chat soon,
Misfit Mor.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2008 00:08:10 GMT
A. Poulter says:
Hi everyone,
I was just as sad when CMT went off air.
All is not lost, have you had a look at www.cmt.ca where you can watch some of the latest music videos from CMT and catch up on the country stars.
Also check out www.country105.com Calgary's Country music radio station, there is a lot of info on the stars and also listen live to the radio station.
Regards.
Andy

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2008 03:26:37 GMT
Misfit Mor says:
Hi, Andy,
Thanks for the info.
I'll check that out later. Have been to a live Country music social in Cornwall and not long been home.
Where do you live? Maybe we could swop info on socials too.
Come and join us on the "Country Music fans" thread. It would be good to have you on board.
Thanks again,
Love that Country music.
Misfit.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2008 03:22:13 GMT
A. Poulter says:
Hi Misfit,
I will check out the Country Music Fans Thread. I Only found the forum yesterday while looking for info on some CDs.
I live in Alberta Canada, hence my suggestion for cmt.ca
I only moved here in July from the UK, but the Country music scene here is massive. Its the norm for pop to mix with country.
Happy viewing with cmt.
Andy

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2008 09:59:55 GMT
If only they would bring it back! It's been ten long years now and despite signing this petition when it first available and countless requests to various people nothing has yet happened. Maybe if we stopped buying Country Music here in the UK then they might sit up and listen? We are well overdue for a visit by Alan Jackson, George Strait, Kenny Chesney etc. Toby Keith travels to other places but has yet to visit these shores! Tim McGraw has come here with Faith but no show?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2008 13:15:21 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Nov 2008 01:10:14 GMT
hypergod says:
If they don't pay attention WHILE we're purchasing and can't be bothered to come here or even let us see CMT, I think it's pretty clear where we figure in their prorities, J E. I doubt even a threat of mass suicide would make them pay attention! I guess there just aren't enough of us (and considerably less if we carry out THAT threat!), or at least enough fans prepared to make their voices heard. Did you know there is a three day 'Country and Western' (trust them to be so out of date!) festival at Butlins, Minehead in March '09? It's from the sixth to the ninth. Tracy Byrd is the only really 'big' name listed so far and of course there's no guarantee that he'll still be 'on board' by the time it happens. Just thought I'd mention it, for what it's worth.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2008 10:41:25 GMT
Frustrated says:
Just came across your post. I wonder if all concerned with the cry for the return of CMT, which I totally support, are aware of CMT being part of Viacom which is part of MTV !!! (also VH1)
Given all the c**p channels under one or other of these two put out by the infamous SKY "music" (?) selection, it suggests that it is they to whom the petition should be aimed at. Be interesting to know the whys and wherefores as to how they determine what the public wants. Just another SKY monopoly ?
Perhaps SKY viewers should have a protest boycott of the service to make the point.
Keep Country Music live !

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jan 2009 15:35:31 GMT
D. Newson says:
I never had CMT but I did catch glimpses of it when I worked night shifts...I loved it.
I have been a fan of cwm since about 1966......'Bring it on'...

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jan 2009 16:01:36 GMT
Cb Brooks says:
Hi to everyone
I to have just come across this forum and agree with this petition wholeheartedly,i had always loved country music but c.m.t brought George Strait,Trisha Yearwood and so many other previously unknown country artists to me(especially Dwight Yoakam).I have since been to many concerts by great artists like Trisha at the Manchester Apollo and it was all due to c.m.t.
It also opened up many classic artists to me i not heard before such as George Jones and Jimmy Buffet.
I also remember many friends and colleagues also liking c.m.t as a great alternative to the fare served by vh1 and the like.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2009 14:40:09 GMT
Dave W says:
As much as I love country CMT europe is not going to happen.
We tried this when it first went off air, also when we were in Nashville they said then it was all a matter of adverts or money if you like.
No ads no money no CMT which is why they have stopped the on line CMT to England.
In the USA CMT now is not all country music like in the old days they mix other things in with it.
Sad but true
Dave

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2009 09:43:49 GMT
hypergod says:
Dave, what 'other things' do they mix in these days? Surely not other music genres?!?!?! Please say it's not so!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jan 2009 23:12:13 GMT
Dave W says:
All sorts, BMX, Snow Boarding type sports, Dukes of Hazzard.
It's not like what we used to get non stop music & interviews only on country, I think they are feeling the pinch as well as it is no longer 24 hrs a day

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jan 2009 16:53:54 GMT
hypergod says:
We might as well shoot ourselves now then, Dave! Thanks for letting us know, even though it's such bloody awful news.

Posted on 18 Feb 2009 00:30:06 GMT
it would be amazing to get cmt back with the number of stations churning out exactly the same stuff as each other. petition signed.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the country music discussion forum (44 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  119
Total posts:  205
Initial post:  7 Oct 2008
Latest post:  13 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions