Customer Discussions > country music discussion forum

Favourite Country Singers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 63 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Apr 2011 20:09:50 BDT
Who are your favourite Country singers? Mine in no particular order are Charley Pride , Merle Haggard , Marty Robbins and Don Williams. All great singers in their own right. Wonder how many millions of records they have sold between them. Mike

Posted on 4 Apr 2011 21:24:50 BDT
Melissa says:
Patsy Cline as a pure singer. Sandy Denny is the only other female singer (albeit not country) that amazes me more than Patsy in any genre or era of music. Beautiful would be an understatement!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Apr 2011 18:20:23 BDT
Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Emmy Lou Harris , Dwight Yoakham ....

Steve

Posted on 9 Apr 2011 17:45:28 BDT
K.J.S. says:
George Jones, Charlie Rich

Posted on 10 Apr 2011 08:24:42 BDT
GM says:
Uncle Kracker, Kid Rock, Shooter Jennings, Colt Ford.......surprise yourselves and 'fill yer boots'!

Posted on 11 Apr 2011 14:42:45 BDT
without a shadow of a doubt the best country singer is george strait,,, closely followed by alan jackson.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Apr 2011 20:49:36 BDT
poppo says:
yes got to agree but what about Eva Cassidy wot a great great vioce

Posted on 20 Apr 2011 21:40:02 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 26 Jun 2011 08:49:07 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2011 22:00:20 BDT
Definitely George Jones & then Alison Krauss

Posted on 27 Apr 2011 08:51:10 BDT
Kevan James says:
Gene Watson! Top man!

Posted on 27 Apr 2011 11:41:45 BDT
J. Eaton says:
Patsy Cline, Skeeter Davis, Alison Krauss, Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton, Mandy Barnett, Top female voices in Country Music. Then it's the boys- Hank Williams, Hank Snow, Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, Faron Young, Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, Lefty Frizzell, Ernest Tubb, Ray Price, Don Gibson, and last but not least Jimmie Rodgers. There are many more, too numerous to mention but these are the ones who spring instantly to mind. Long live Country best thing out of the USA!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jun 2011 15:59:02 BDT
P. Ekland says:
have you tried Michael Kosterman

Posted on 4 Jul 2011 13:16:52 BDT
Huck Flynn says:
fan of trisha yearwood's voice although i think some of her material is second rate
claire lynch - stellar vocalist, excellent material
enjoy early randy travis
agree with others - Cash, Nelson, Haggard, Owens, Campbell, Jennings, Jones

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jul 2011 18:30:37 BDT
Hi,I see you have in your favourites some oldies like ET Ray Price and Lefty Frizzell.
Heard four of Lefty yesterday on youtube uploaded by oldtexasmusic who uploads daily,and many of the singers you have mentioned.Hank Snow my favourite Authentic Country singer.
Charlie Landsborough,John Berry are my two favourite singers,though they sing other genres also.
Like Dan Seals,Mundo Earwood,Billy Dean and Travis Logan,[ UK]
Favourite female singers,Isla Grant.Lorrie Morgan and Trudi Lalor.
Long live true Country.
BABSINUK

Posted on 24 Jul 2011 21:05:10 BDT
Thomas Crown says:
Emmylou Harris, Nanci Griffith, Kathy Mattea, Alison Krauss ...... Johnny Cash, Don Williams, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Rodney Crowell, Don Gibson, George Srait, Alan Jackson, Dwight Yoakham.

Posted on 4 Aug 2011 13:35:59 BDT
Dicky says:
Mac Wiseman, George Jones, Gene Watson are the tops.

Posted on 23 Oct 2011 18:17:38 BDT
J. Rice says:
I like Johnny cash +Marty Robins+ Willie Nelson+ Jimmy Dean+Hank Locklin+ Don Willams +George Hamilton 1v + a lot mour

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2011 18:05:04 BDT
alan jackson has no need to follow anyone he is in a class by himself.. alan & georgejones 2 greatest stars of today, and probably tomorrow ..

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2011 18:08:34 BDT
aGREE utUBE HAS SOME GREAT hONKY-TONK MUSIC ON .lOVE tONY bOOTH, jOhnny Bush, Darrel McCall and main man Ray Price of course , and always the POSSUM...

Posted on 25 Oct 2011 18:09:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 May 2012 14:15:50 BDT
AGREE UtUBE HAS SOME GREAT HONKY-TONK MUSIC ON .LOVE TONY BOOTH, Johnny Bush, Darrel McCall and main man Ray Price of course , and alwaysAlways-= the POSSUM!!!!...

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2011 22:13:16 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 May 2012 14:13:57 BDT
dICKY ANYONE WHO HAS MAC WISEMAN AS ONE OF THEIR FAVOURITES IS A FRIEND OF MINE My mother in law is getting me Macs' Boxset [mostly cmh tracks ] for Christmas so look forward to that JUST LOVE MAC AND THOSE 3 LPS WITH LESTER ARE SOME OF MY ALL TIME FAV. RECORDINGS BY ANYBODY .. see you around I hope ..Dave..

Posted on 13 Mar 2012 16:37:35 GMT
I tend to avoid the Nashville scene with its excess of bouffant hairstyles and rhinestone shirts. The "Yee-harr" 'genre' of music doesn't do too much for me either. That said I wouldn't write off an artist because they've appeared at Nashville or sung/played a "yee-harr" song. So I'll happily listen to Emmylou Harris, Nanci Griffiths, Alison Krauss, Dolly Parton, Roseanne Cash, Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Don Williams and Willie Nelson.

My preference is for music that might be classed as Alt-Country/Americana, such as, Tift Merritt, Patty Griffin, Gretchen Peters, Lucinda Williams, Mary Chapin-Carpenter, Steve Earle, Jeffrey Foucault, Julie & Buddy Miller, John Prine and The Jayhawks. Then there's Gothic Country which might include Will Oldham, Iron and Wine, Sun Kil Moon, Great Lake Swimmers...

Posted on 14 Mar 2012 08:10:15 GMT
Colourful says:
Toby Keith, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, Jimmy Buffet, Blake Shelton, Darius Rucker, Little Big Town, Sugarland with Jennifer nettles. I liked Garth Brooks too.

Trisha Yearwood, Martina McBride, Suzy Boggus, Reba, etc etc and oh yes Shania

The quality of songwriters and production provided by these artists helped too
Your reply to Colourful's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Apr 2012 14:37:57 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Jul 2012 10:47:34 BDT
John Sheldon says:
Carl Butler, Merle Haggard, Melba Montgomery, and Johnny Horton, George Jones, The Statler Bros, Hank Williams, are some my all time favourites, but if you love this type of country music you tend to enjoy them all, I have a huge collection of vinyl, cds, dvds and there are so many which I consider my favourites.

Posted on 6 May 2012 07:25:10 BDT
Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood. Brilliant apart but perfect together.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the country music discussion forum (44 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  34
Total posts:  63
Initial post:  4 Apr 2011
Latest post:  27 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions