Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

Barefoot Contessa

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Jun 2013 18:31:22 BDT
pixie says:
Charlie...It's called back to basics and just seen it's on tonight at 7pm. Foodnetwork uk....Thursday.x

Posted on 13 Jun 2013 19:18:24 BDT
Hi Pix, you starting another forum just for Ina now?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2013 19:45:37 BDT
pixie says:
Hi Hun...no, I was telling Charlie on another thread yesterday that Ina had a new series...she and Geoffrey are on vacation in the Napa Valley and I couldn't remember what time it was on. To make things even more confusing...it's called "Back to Basics" the same as the other series!

Charlie has only been able to dip in and out of the forum and I thought she'd miss it if I posted somewhere else! Phew!

Anyway...how are you? Haven't heard from you...hope you've been doing something nice!

What's cooking?xxx

Posted on 13 Jun 2013 19:55:53 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jun 2013 19:58:06 BDT
Ah I see, I know I've been a little anti-social lately, I'm sorry. Have things going on here with the business and family life, My downtime seems to be spent dreaming up new recipes and playing with my food, then kids and home work and a hubby to run around after I seem to have been stretched so thin I just couldn't be a***d to hop on line and try to keep up with the whole conversation, so I guess I just lapsed in communicating.

How's you?

I am loving the new Barefoot series. I am completely hooked

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2013 20:22:02 BDT
pixie says:
You are a busy girl!...not anti-social...hard to pack it all in to one day. Hope the business is going well?

Glad you caught the new Ina...I've seen some of it but will have to wait for it to come round again...it will!

Glad you popped in, even if it's just now and again...we miss ya!

Lots of new books out...but don't tell the other's! Lol! (like they don't know!)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2013 21:32:55 BDT
Yes but never seem to get anywhere fast, I just feel I take one step forward and two steps back lol. Thank you I think of you all fondly too. I have bought many more since my last visit. I am really in a bread baking mood these days. I think it has something to do with the smell, It's homely and tastes divine. My fave has to be the Mediterranean style of bread (toms, Garlic, and herbs) :-9 or a warm brioche flaked in almonds served with butter and home made Jam (currently working through my latest creation of: rhubarb and creme de casis)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2013 21:39:03 BDT
pixie says:
Bread, homemade is wonderful...nothing quite like it! I love foccacia and flatbreads too, much better than the bought kind.

Bit of a bind getting through the casis and rhubarb....not! You shouldmarket that one!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2013 21:55:02 BDT
Oh total bind! Torture! Hahaha, it tastes divine though It's my Sunday treat on a fresh brioche roll. I agree with you on the bread though it is by far superior to anything from a supermarket (and alot cheaper too now)

Posted on 13 Jun 2013 21:59:34 BDT
Fancy buying a bread maker. But I have nowhere to put one:-/

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2013 22:02:05 BDT
pixie says:
They are so worth it! Check out the Panasonic range...make fab bread. I've had different ones and use it all the time but Panasonic the best ...in my opinion.
Off to watch Bitchin Kitchen on foodnetwork.
You take care and post when you can......x

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2013 22:05:09 BDT
Wil do, have fun, take care x

Posted on 15 Jun 2013 23:16:42 BDT
Charlie says:
Hey pixie thank you for the thread. I think I've set the right series recording. Have a friend staying this weekend so hopefully get chance to watch early next week 😘

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2013 06:40:27 BDT
pixie says:
Good....have a great time with your chum!xx

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2013 10:18:01 BDT
That will be nice for you Charlie, proper grown up conversation.xxx
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (639 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  13 Jun 2013
Latest post:  16 Jun 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions