Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 272 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2013 14:33:12 GMT
pixie says:
So you got a new job? the one you mentioned a while ago? Tell all!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2013 14:41:58 GMT
Charlie says:
Awe. That's really sweet Bearman. We all been missing you on here too! How's everything going??
Ori what a great friend you have! Any chance of the lime pickle recipe if you get time?? And how's the ankle?? X

Posted on 5 Mar 2013 14:54:31 GMT
Bearman says:
Yes - I got that very same job and with just the one interview. In my line of work, 3 interviews is more the norm.

Sadly I have to give 3 months notice so I will be here at my current place until the end of May. The great thing about the new job is that it is homebased - I will finally get a chance to get the amount of sleep my body tells me I really need, and I will save a fortune on car expense (currently I spend at least £4500 a year on fuel just on the daily work commute). I'm also really looking forward to being able to slob out at work - no more suits and ties - time I bought some new slippers for work ha ha ha.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2013 16:06:47 GMT
pixie says:
Congratulations and well done. Hope it's the best job ever!x

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2013 19:51:17 GMT
Clem Feeney says:
Ori, Lime Pickle, aaaaahhhhh indeed. I'm in a minority off one in my house in liking it. I have two recipies, one is water based and the other is oil based. I like the oil based one for taste, but it tends to go mouldy quickly. What is your batch made with?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Mar 2013 21:27:45 GMT
Charlie says:
Yay congrats Bearman!! 3 months will fly by! New work slippers, robe and tea mug in order I reckon!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Mar 2013 08:45:47 GMT
My goodness! I know you're nice, Bear, but you certainly made an impression there!
Fancy a holiday in France...? Get her number! LOL

Posted on 14 Mar 2013 10:04:34 GMT
Charlie says:
Don't know if this should be aaaaaahhhhhh or aaarrrggghhhh, just dropped Ellie at nursery and the staff looked at me, huddled together then offered to have max for the morning too. Lol, I must look a state! Me and jack having lovely cuddle, cup of tea and food glorious food catch up! Only thanks to pix I know the winner is oat based!! Lol

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Mar 2013 12:40:43 GMT
pixie says:
Lol! so sorry Charlie and I'm not laughing...honest! Bet you agree though ...and glad you getting a break! ....I'm laughing again about the oat...Doh!x

Posted on 14 Mar 2013 12:52:07 GMT
Charlie says:
Lol I'll let you off. Have seen similar recipe in The Birthday Cake Book for smoked salmon cheesecake/cake. Not so convinced its original but looked yum nonetheless.
I made some cookie dough as thank you to the nursery staff so they can bake them with little ones this pm. Peanut butter and choc chip. Mmmm, saved a little for us of course! Hmm now where's my Ellie book????

Posted on 14 Mar 2013 12:53:08 GMT
I had an unexpected free morning too, everyone here has colds and flu and my botanist texted me he was down with a fever and wouldn't be coming. I'll miss the cash but hey, a break is a break. Had a cuppa and am reading Agatha Christie's bio. Lovely.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Mar 2013 13:01:04 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Mar 2013 13:01:49 GMT
pixie says:
They have just finished doing up one of Agatha Christies Houses Greenway...it is so beautiful and you can stay in an apartment there. It isn't far up the river from Dartmouth and it is a very special place for Agatha fans.....it holds the most personal items, when I visited they were still sorting through her belongings and the House was closed.

What do you think happened when she "Disappeared"?

Edit...you can see the house on line now Ori...the view! If only!

Posted on 14 Mar 2013 15:39:15 GMT
She talks about how she loves houses: buying, selling, renovating, decorating...it seems to be a particularly British infection, this moving every time you get a house paid off. Americans buy something and sit tight. Never really understood the British obsession with "views" either...when I'm in my house I don't stand and stare out the window. But then I'm agoraphobic, I don't get out much...

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Mar 2013 15:43:26 GMT
Charlie says:
This is a long standing debate between me and hubby Ori! He thinks views important I dont really care so long as its not looking out onto someone else. I figure if he has time to stare out the window he's not busy enough

Posted on 14 Mar 2013 18:21:12 GMT
Aaaaahhh! I've discovered two new ways to cook dal (lentils). One from Nepal and the other from Maharashtra. Dal Bhat is pretty similar to kichiri, but different enough to make me want to try it.
Mmmmm...dal.

Posted on 14 Mar 2013 18:28:57 GMT
pixie says:
mmmm dal....indeed!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Mar 2013 15:09:04 GMT
Stu says:
hi ori hope you are well,you know your last statement struck a chord with me,because im getting that way love,everywhere around me has changed so much,its like a strange place when i do go out

Posted on 15 Mar 2013 16:43:12 GMT
Stu says:
i had to take my stereo down and put it away when i got the old desktop, i had run out of space in the living room but now if i get the bob marley cd for my b/day i will be playing it whilst on the old machine,so looking round the living room ive come up for a spot for it,whether i will remember how to put it back together after all this time and it still works is another matter? so if i take a break folks,you know what im doing lol,trying not to lose my temper haha---xxx

Posted on 15 Mar 2013 21:25:18 GMT
Stu says:
stereo is up and working,wasnt as hard as i thought,just getting the wires in the right holes got it right second time when meatloaf came blasting out lol,but play quieter when on the old machine here or my fingers will try playing drums,or guitar with the keys haha---xxx

Posted on 16 Mar 2013 09:22:18 GMT
Oh, coool. Music--so important!! It can make or change your mood, or just add that extra something to the day. Enjoy!!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2013 12:52:43 GMT
Stu says:
afternoon ori my love ,and how are you today on this lovely rainy day!!cant wait to get my birthday present now,spoke to my ex this morning telling her exactly which one it was of bob marleys, and where she could get it cheaper,haha saving her money too--xx

Posted on 16 Mar 2013 13:20:17 GMT
Weather can't make up its mind whether to rain or not...had a lovely shop this AM in the Asian store, found lots of goodies, including mustard oil and frozen lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves. The Indian products are always so much cheaper than the Chinese ones! Finally got some gram (chickpea) flour so the onion bahji and squid thingie are on the way!!

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Mar 2013 13:31:33 GMT
Stu says:
sounds like you had a lovely shop then love,if i got out and about like i use to i would probably come accross shops like yours,but we dont really seem to have any,i will ask tom next time i see him,cos hes always on the go,ive taught him how to have a go at the council politely and get work done so hes doing it by letter lol---xxx

Posted on 18 Mar 2013 12:50:20 GMT
Ahhhhh.
My botanist student came back to class after a horrible cold and we had a nice session. I love how excited he gets about things! He says he is going to S Francisco this summer and has offered to find me a Totoro soft toy like the one I've been dreaming of...which the customs can kill you if you order it by mail.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2013 12:51:46 GMT
Clem, I forgot to reply to this. Check out Indian Food Rocks blog and click on the sidebar where it says Lime Pickle Without Oil. That's the recipe I use. The methi (fenugreek) and julienne ginger make all the difference in the world.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (663 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
mmmm! what's for dinner 8496 7 hours ago
Turkey advice 5 7 hours ago
Merry Christmas! 4 2 days ago
New books! 6839 4 days ago
Halogen Oven 233 4 days ago
Christmas Vodka 6 5 days ago
Gourmet Kitchenware 20 7 days ago
Leisure Range Cookers - design fault? 22 8 days ago
Frying pans 19 11 days ago
Carving Roast Duck 14 11 days ago
Which steam cleaner for oven 102 11 days ago
Make ahead cold canapes 20 12 days ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  272
Initial post:  31 Jan 2013
Latest post:  26 Sep 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions