Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 826-850 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2012 02:50:14 BDT
Nah, not worrying about curtains. Just replying to Carole's kind offer.

And I was awake to see if I could stop tomorrow turning into today. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2012 02:53:31 BDT
Damn! It did it again???
Night night Sam! x :o>

Posted on 10 Aug 2012 06:21:53 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 10 Aug 2012 07:08:54 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2012 10:44:28 BDT
You sound like your tum,s all churned up, happy anticipation, or unbridled fear....moving is such a big thing, very stressful, good luck and enjoy.xxx

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2012 12:09:09 BDT
K. A. Newton says:
My golly

Another 1p. cookery bookite.

Amazingly sometimes the postage is very very reasonable too.

I got a lot for my daughter but never see them in her house.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2012 12:23:01 BDT
K. A. Newton says:
No you look at the Ken Hom books on Amazon and look for where it gives prices £10.99 new and such as £5-00 used 1p. used.

Click on the used prices but double check the postage.

I got one book for my dau but when it arrived it had loose pages - a former libary book with a coloured cover in a plastic sheaf. The recipes and pictures were great. One recipe particularly caught my eye.

I sent for another copy which arrived perfect but no cover. I put the coloured cover on it (without the shabby plastic) and gave it to my dau., and I kept the other one/

I think the receipe was for a Kipper and tomato
flan.

You can't really tell what the 1p books are going to be like qualitywise. = see the two I bought above but if it has only cost a penny and small postage an occasional bad buy can be tolerated.

Posted on 11 Aug 2012 17:31:45 BDT
pixie says:
Look what plopped through my letter box today....Comfort Food Fix: Feel-Good Favorites Made Healthy....yay!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2012 17:43:49 BDT
And tomorrow?......

"How I Stopped Buying Cookbooks And Took Up Eating Tesco Finest Instead" by A. N. Other Addict - ???

HA HA HA HA HA!!! - I can feel the icy glare and shocked shudder right through the screen!!! - LOL!!! ;o>

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2012 17:45:23 BDT
pixie says:
TESCO FINEST! wash your mouth out you minx! It's pixies finest....sometimes!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2012 17:50:10 BDT
I was actually bracing myself for that one!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously, go on, spill then?.....what particular recipes have caught your eye out of this book?
I've just looked at it and found a reference to 'Kasha Varnishkas' - so I Googled it? and it sounds nice!....

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2012 17:56:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Aug 2012 17:56:26 BDT
pixie says:
It's a lovely book suzy...there is a recipe for chicken pot with biscuit topping...It's beautifully photographed and there are no complicated ingredients to chase down. I'm cooking the whole skinned chicken in indian spices from the Hairy dieters book tomorrow..it's in the fridge marinating.
I am going to stick with these books until I've shed the pounds I want to..had results already, think that is portion control working! I'm determined. I don't need to lose loads of weight but could do with being a bit trimmer before the suet pud weather starts!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2012 18:03:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Aug 2012 18:04:11 BDT
Well, while you are incapacitated you'll be cooking less of the gourmet specials? so that may help?
But then again, there are takeaways - and it's never that hard to get a packet of biscuits open, is it???
So, I wish you lots of luck with your weight loss, Pixie!

And also, mince pie time?.....(*learns lesson from Pixie! and ducks!*).....will soon be here too! - yummy!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Aug 2012 22:10:15 BDT
Blush blush, I have been known to delve into Tesco,s finest in times of deep stress or when eating on my own, but to be honest I find more and more that I just want simple home cooking. Talking about your new book on healthy eating, did you ever see that programme on tv, that woman,s presentation put me right off, she came across as really smug at times.xxx hope you enjoy it tho, xx

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2012 04:51:27 BDT
Saw the Hairy Bikers do that Indian spiced chicken on the TV show this week and it looked really nice. I think I'll be joining you and giving it a go. Hopefully it turns out alright for you Pixie

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2012 08:21:01 BDT
pixie says:
I'll let you know...the smell of the marinade was amazing..going to do the veg they suggested with it.

Posted on 12 Aug 2012 13:24:43 BDT
Yeah, the veg they did look lovely although I did worry about the sheer amount of veg they did. Looked like they were serving an army

Posted on 12 Aug 2012 13:36:57 BDT
Atul's Curries of the World
The Downstairs Cookbook: Recipes From A 1920s Household Cook
Dr Burnorium's Compendium of Hot Sauces - Can you handle the heat from 50 of the world's finest, face-meltingly hot sauces
Beyond Essence: New Recipes from Le Champignon Sauvage
Brazilian Food: Race, Class and Identity in Regional Cuisines
Brilliant Biscuits: Fun-to-decorate biscuits for all occasions
Capital Spice: 21 Indian Restaurant Chefs . More Than 100 Stunning Recipes
Ceviche: Peruvian Kitchen
Hip Hop Cookbook, The
The Great British Tuck Shop

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2012 13:56:53 BDT
pixie says:
I thought that Mrs P...but it served 4, so I'm going to make the full amount and make a tortilla tomorrow, I'll add some sliced chorizo and a little cheese and it should be good for lunch...Love veg so see how it turns out.

Posted on 12 Aug 2012 13:58:57 BDT
Dinner at your place tomorrow then :P

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2012 14:09:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Aug 2012 14:15:19 BDT
pixie says:
The Capital spice book is right up my street! I have eaten at "Cinnamon Club" In the old Westminster library and the food was fantastic. I have their cookery book..

The Cinnamon Club Cookbook

The other place I think is amazing is "Tamarind" in Mayfair and the chef Alfred pursad is a smashing man. When I asked the waiter how the chef made my dish he went away to write it down and Alfred came to my table with all the spices and sat and chatted, he told me he was thinking of writing a book and I notice he is one of the chefs in that book..so I'm well pleased!

Posted on 12 Aug 2012 14:23:56 BDT
He sounds like a lovely chef. The fact that he took the time to come out and chat to you must have been a real thrill. If that was to happen to me I'd be a customer for life

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2012 14:40:12 BDT
pixie says:
Lucky for me I got a great deal on "Toptable" 50% off so it was a real bargain. He was very warm and genuine too.

Posted on 12 Aug 2012 15:34:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Aug 2012 15:35:04 BDT
So, "Toptable" - ? I've heard of this but never tried it? sounds like it's a good deal, then?

I came across these this morning via a post by BusyMum on the Favourite Food Blog thread? - they sound like really fascinating books by Mary Contini - and have some wonderful 5* reviews! The book 'blurb' says that they are,.....the most original books for food lovers in recent years, blending great narrative with heartwarming recipes and recollections.....?

Dear Francesca: An Italian Journey of Recipes Recounted with Love
Dear Olivia: An Italian Journey of Love and Courage: An Italian Journey of Love and Loss

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2012 16:37:47 BDT
pixie says:
Yes suzy I've ssen those books and they look great...been busy looking at the food blogs, so much lovely nosh! Where to start?

I never book a restaurant unless I do it through Toptable....they have merged now with open table so the points you aquire go toward cash cheque...It costs nothing to join and all they ask is you give an honest review on the restaurant after you have eaten there...The restaurants are all over the Country not just London...The good thing is before you choose you get to read all the reviews so I've seldom been disappointed!

Posted on 12 Aug 2012 17:17:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Aug 2012 18:25:06 BDT
pixie says:
The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight Just been on "Bookpeople" website and this is £4.99! If you order enough p&p is free, they got a good sale on!

I tried the skinned whole chicken in Indian spices and it was good...the spice coating forms a kind of crusty shell. If you are not too keen on overly spicy food I would suggest you could cut back on the chilli, but it was fine for me!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (683 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  68
Total posts:  6993
Initial post:  15 Jun 2012
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions