Charlie says:
Hey Stu, how's you??

Buffalo wings vs garlic bread

Posted on 30 Jan 2013 19:57:32 GMT
pixie says:
both V chips to go with it!lol!

Posted on 30 Jan 2013 20:02:24 GMT
Spock says:
Chips V Chips coated in paprika and ketchup.

Posted on 30 Jan 2013 20:10:38 GMT
pixie says:
chips V pork pie

Posted on 30 Jan 2013 20:17:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Jan 2013 20:17:16 GMT
Spock says:
Potato chips V sweet potato chips.

Posted on 30 Jan 2013 20:18:03 GMT
pixie says:
chips V melon

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jan 2013 20:46:59 GMT
Not too bad Stu, came out of work to find I had a flat tyre, a lovely young man came to my rescue and changed the tyre for me. Reinforced my belief in the kindness of strangers, gave ma a warm glo. Went to see
Dad and had a row with my sister.....lovely girl.....but I think Dad has been stirring things up as usual. Got home at 5.30 and cooked roast beef and yorkie for dinner...lush..it was the best I,ve done for ages and the beef was really nice...tender and juicy. Surprisingly it was a piece of sirloin off Tesco meat counter, on offer this week.xxxx

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jan 2013 20:49:06 GMT
Charlie says:
Chips vs spicy fried potatoes ( Spice Trip: The Simple Way to Make Food Exciting

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jan 2013 21:00:20 GMT
Stu says:
have to smack your dads legs and send him to bed early lol.glad you got a hand with the tyre problem though.xx

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jan 2013 21:03:34 GMT
Stu says:
im fine thanks charlie,you keeping well?---spicy fried potatoes v spicy sweet and sour

Posted on 31 Jan 2013 08:42:22 GMT
Spicy sweet and sour vs hot and sour soup

Posted on 31 Jan 2013 08:52:13 GMT
Bearman says:
Hot and sour soup vs wild mushroom soup

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2013 09:26:22 GMT
Yea, just another day in the life of diamond.xx

Posted on 31 Jan 2013 10:25:07 GMT
Wild mushroom soup vs mushroom stroganoff

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2013 11:30:38 GMT
Stu says:
i know what you mean there diamond,gets boring after a while some days do dont they!!--x

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2013 12:04:10 GMT
Stu says:
mushroom stroganoff v spicy sweet and sour with oven chips and 4 slices of bread and butter,my dinner last night?

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2013 13:20:00 GMT
Mushroom stroganoff v beef stroganoff...mmmmmm......

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2013 13:24:12 GMT
Don,t it just....Dad,s on his own after 60 yrs marriage, mum is in care, she has altzheimers disease. He gets very lonely and bored so he enjoys making mischief between my Sister and I.....we know he does it but we still get sucked in by him at times. He has no visitors except for us... Everyone else has given up on him and his nasty ways.xx

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2013 15:57:11 GMT
Stu says:
sad to hear that diamond,can dad not find something to do to pass time away love,does mum not recognise any of you now?sorry im poking my nose in!!is he really that bad love?

Posted on 31 Jan 2013 16:00:59 GMT
Stu says:
beef and mushroom stoganoff v tandoori chicken pizza

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2013 20:16:24 GMT
No Mum doesn,t know us except for a brief moment, then she forgets. In the last month she has stopped talking much either,she was always asking for Dad and her mother and brother,no she never mentions them, I don,t know which is worse, the continual questions or the silence. She has gone so thin that she looks like a skeleton and just lies in bed all day in her own little world. I pray that her life will end soon and give her the peace she deserves, she certainly doesn,t deserve this. My sister and brother don,t visit either mum or dad. I love my Dad but he certainly knows how to alienate people. He,s not a bad person just selfish and short sighted, speaks before he thinks and always knows where to attack your weaknesses and what will hurt you most....nasty, as I said.xxx

Posted on 31 Jan 2013 20:29:15 GMT
Stu says:
sorry to hear that love,you nurse people in that condition and you never think your parent or relative is going to end up that way do you?as you say sometimes death is best for all concerned best of all mum bless her,sorry love but she would get her peace then wouldnt she.---xx

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2013 20:32:20 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Jan 2013 20:33:51 GMT
pixie says:
Oh Darling! I am so sorry that mum and dad are suffering! You too! It is so hard to still be the child...I know how that feels.
Dad is doing the only thing he knows...be a victim. I'm sure he misses your mum...he must be angry and frightened and alone. So he hits out and is nasty to the person he loves best.
Of course he knows how to hurt you...you are part of him, part of mum and there is a bit missing. Don't give up on him Carol, it must be difficult to stick with it...I know you will cos that's who you are..it will be hard but later.....much later you will be glad you did.
The one I feel saddest for is you, the one that bought you into the world doesn't always know who you are.....but you know Carol. That's all that matters...there will always be a part of your mums heart that knows...take comfort in that and know that ALL you do now...matters, maybe not in the moment but it will. I speak from experience and from the heart...YOU MATTER!xxxxxx

Posted on 31 Jan 2013 20:48:59 GMT
Thanks Pixie and Stu as well, I try not to bleat about it too much and most of the time I cope really well with it all but sometimes it all gets me down. My dearest friend, we,ve been closer than sisters for the past 36 years is very ill and I went to see her in the hospice today, she is so strong and brave and still makes me smile and laugh, then I go to see Dad and he couldn,t care less all he wants to know is whether I,m going to get him fish and chips tonight and how come I spent so much on his shopping at Tesco, I tell you, I could cheerfully throttle him at times.xxxx
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (649 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
aaaagggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! 1379 53 minutes ago
mmmm! what's for dinner 7935 1 hour ago
I want to pass on a tip... 859 2 hours ago
come dine with me 22 4 hours ago
gossip and general chat about all things 238 18 hours ago
No knead bread.........???? 59 19 hours ago
Chili question for Indian pickle lovers 81 1 day ago
New books! 6635 1 day ago
Thermomix..... anyone else got one? 383 1 day ago
Baking in a Combination Microwave 11 2 days ago
Japanese/Chinese soup question 8 2 days ago
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! 271 4 days ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  890
Initial post:  21 Aug 2012
Latest post:  11 Apr 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions