Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

We'll meat again...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 145 posts in this discussion
Posted on 20 Dec 2012 14:18:16 GMT
Scarlet Lady says:
Chocolate and Puddings not really my thing Savoury is better - Would not eat Pork as it smells too Piggy

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Dec 2012 13:47:30 GMT
Isobel Ayres says:
It's pretty darn wonderful - it's replaced pralines & cream as my new favourite. I love the fact that it's dark chocolate in it, like you say - not too sweet.

Posted on 20 Dec 2012 13:07:48 GMT
BirdmanC says:
I will eat almost anything, at least once anyway. A very few things I do not like, but would eat at a push - like anything aniseed-tasting and Mopane worms. I would struggle to eat dog, cat, and monkey meats, and probably a few others.
I can live with myself when I eat creatures that have been crammed alive into a box and left to suffocate, or have been eviscerated while alive and conscious - that's all fish; I've even eaten live (raw) oysters. I would not knowingly eat anything that if not farmed was not from a sustainable source - so no shark fins, no tiger or rhino bits, and now no tuna as no tuna population is fished sustainably.
People are odd about food - although I eat fish, I would have difficulty eating whale mostly due to the horrendous method of capture (the sole reason the UK opposes all whaling, rather than just whaling of endangered species - there is no humane method of capture)

Posted on 20 Dec 2012 12:47:33 GMT
Charlie says:
Isobel it is amazing! I only buy Haagen Dazs when it's on offer and I got a tub when it first came out. Lasted two days! Then didn't get any for ages, ocado have it on offer now so have freezer full! I think it's the best, it's not too sweet which I love. Can't stop eating once you start tho

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Dec 2012 12:42:40 GMT
Isobel Ayres says:
Have you tried the new mint leaves and chocolate chip haagen dazs? Oh good lord, it's good!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Dec 2012 13:01:01 GMT
Excruciatingly Un-Bear-able I suppose

Posted on 17 Dec 2012 12:46:31 GMT
Bearman says:
Oooowwww. My eyes are watering.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Dec 2012 11:14:17 GMT
HA HA HA!!!.....Bearman?! - meet your match!!! - nice one Patricia!!!.....x

Posted on 17 Dec 2012 10:58:39 GMT
I hope you are feeling strong, as the nuts are really tight and it feels very stiff. Lets hope your wrench is big enough Said Bearman
There is a cure for that - hot oil applied with a toothbrush to clean the residue - then WD40 - liberally used will free any tight nuts - later - the use of a Monkey Wrench is to be recommended - if your Cistern were kept clean and germ-free you would have no trouble with your Ball-Cock nor the nuts - they would not become tight - I advocate the use of Quality Bleach in the main Cistern - I never have grief from MY plumbing

Posted on 16 Dec 2012 23:16:31 GMT
Stu says:
roo thought i had done my xmas shopping until reading of dark chocolate kendal cake ooh see if i can get that for pudding after my xmas dinner will i be podged

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2012 15:42:42 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Dec 2012 15:44:06 GMT
wobberoo says:
Dark Chocolate Kendal Mint Cake, made by the George Romney company, is a particular favourite of mine. The manufacturers name is indeed from the portrait painter to the nobility. He is most famous for his various representations of Emma, Lady Hamilton. The Lady made infamous for her involvement with a certain Horatio, Admiral Nelson.

Posted on 15 Dec 2012 13:10:01 GMT
Mint + chocolate = bliss.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2012 12:47:38 GMT
Chocolate-covered Kendal mint cake is really good. Too good. That's why I don't buy it very often.

Posted on 15 Dec 2012 12:45:08 GMT
Spock says:
No problem, they do do a chocolate covered version, but it has never appealed to me.
And yes, it is used in mountain climbing, especially Everest.
Because it is essentially pure sugar, it brings lots of energy

Posted on 15 Dec 2012 09:56:57 GMT
Thanks for that link. I had no idea what Kendal Mint Cake was, and heard it mentioned on the TV the other day, saying it's not a cake. Rather like calling a house "The Elms" when it's surrounded by pines...so it's sugar, and more sugar, and mint oil. Well I suppose it would be refreshing if you were mountain-climbing or hiking or whatever. Is it chocolate covered, and if not, why not? LOL

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2012 01:58:48 GMT
Awww bless you, Poppet!...x...I can go to bed now!!! :o>

Posted on 15 Dec 2012 01:56:56 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Dec 2012 01:57:18 GMT
Spock says:
Ladders

Here you go.

Kendal Mint Cake To Restore Your Strength.
Chocolate Brazils Just For You.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2012 01:51:34 GMT
That's it Buster! No more cake ever again!

Posted on 15 Dec 2012 01:50:18 GMT
wobberoo says:
I'm just getting into B E D, suzy. I'll rescue you, first thing tomorrow. x

Posted on 15 Dec 2012 01:44:24 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Dec 2012 01:45:11 GMT
(* ! sob ! *).....in case anybody cares??? - I'm still stuck up here!!!.....

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 13:45:34 GMT
Spock, I,ve suffered with depression on and off for many years now. Not seriously debilitating stuff, thank The Lord, but just enough to make me feel very low some days and lethargic losing interest in all the things that I enjoy most which just makes it worse. You feel very isolated at times and feel as if everyone and everything is against you. That,s why I like this forum, because we don,t know each other on a personal level we can be ourselves and within reason speak how we feel and say what we think without too much comeback. We support one another if needed, tease each other, swap stories, tell tall tales and generally muck about, it,s good to be part of this and I know you think I,m getting at you, but it,s. not meant to be malicious, it,s just that having made very strong statements , you then refuse to back them up and being the nosey person I am it,s very frustrating cos I want to know how you feel and what you think. So please keep posting and stick it to us if you want,haha.
Spock you rock!!!you,re a tough little cookie I reckon.xxx

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 13:03:32 GMT
Charlie says:
That's definately not my booze cabinet bearman! I wish x

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 12:57:43 GMT
Bearman says:
Charlie - Forget the cooking sherry - we found the key to your drinks cabinet. I hope you wern't saving that bottle of Chateau Petrus for a special occasion.

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 12:52:23 GMT
Charlie says:
Have you lot been at my cooking sherry again???

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 12:11:38 GMT
(As Austin Powers): Oooh, be-haave!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (660 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
mmmm! what's for dinner 8431 57 minutes ago
New books! 6828 1 hour ago
Leisure Range Cookers - design fault? 22 9 hours ago
Halogen Oven 232 2 days ago
Gourmet Kitchenware 19 2 days ago
Frying pans 19 2 days ago
Carving Roast Duck 14 3 days ago
Which steam cleaner for oven 102 3 days ago
Make ahead cold canapes 20 3 days ago
What was the last food you bought out of curiousity? 125 6 days ago
gossip and general chat about all things 332 7 days ago
Yerba Mate, anyone? 205 14 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  145
Initial post:  13 Dec 2012
Latest post:  21 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions