Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

Turkey for Christmas

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Dec 2012 19:30:16 GMT
macsen says:
We always have a large rib of beef (bone in) a real treat

Posted on 7 Dec 2012 19:41:25 GMT
I am jealous. I managed to achieve a beef roast 2 years ago but it's impossible this year where I live.

Posted on 8 Dec 2012 18:34:32 GMT
M. bayley says:
I believe this will fit the bill. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/bookreviews/9648130/Celebrate-by-Pippa-Middleton-review.html

Posted on 11 Dec 2012 14:31:36 GMT
Bearman says:
God I love rib roast - no other cut comes anywhere near it.

Posted on 11 Dec 2012 16:17:31 GMT
I know. And you just can't get a decent beef roast here anymore unless you hock your house. And even then, in S. Spain it just might be inedible.

Posted on 11 Dec 2012 17:16:56 GMT
Bearman says:
And with current Spanish house prices, I think it would be a very small joint!

Posted on 12 Dec 2012 08:13:14 GMT
Indeed! At Christmas, as I say, prices go through the roof. I saw at Lidl entrecote on offer for 15 Euros. That's a special deal. When you go to a nice restaurant, if they have beef steaks or joints on the menu, it will say "price according to market." Which means "We are going to soak you and then hang you out to dry. Enjoy your meal because you won't be able to buy food for the rest of the month."

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 17:21:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Dec 2012 17:23:00 GMT
pixie says:
I have decided that I am going to buy some of these this Christmas to perk up some fizz...has anyone tried?

Wild Hibiscus Flowers In Syrup 250G I have found a website that does 40 for £20 ish.....
It's a little expensive but will turn a nice Cava into something special I think.

Lorraine had them on her Christmas show and they looked very festive..and you can eat them and they are good for you!

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 19:25:29 GMT
Charlie says:
We had them one year pixie, they do look lovely but pretty expensive. Last year we took a tip from nigella and made gingerbread champagne cocktails using monin syrup. Delicious. Poorly and hot choc with creme de menthe. Just ordered a ton of monin stuff from acicha, including blueberry syrup and caramel sauce! My postie will be getting a decent tip this year me thinks

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2012 19:34:54 GMT
pixie says:
They are delicious Charlie..there are some lovely 50ml gift boxes too...saw them at the cash and carry.....fancied something fruity. Love Kir but thought the edible flowers looked lovely. Found a website with good price.

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 19:37:07 GMT
Charlie says:
That does sound slightly more like it. My cousin in law bought the ones we had, sure they were over a pound each! That's half a book!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2012 19:40:01 GMT
pixie says:
Half a book! Secret...this arrived today...cost...4p!

The New Basics Cook Book got a couple of the others...this is a goodie though!

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 19:42:02 GMT
Charlie says:
I'm glad I'm not the only one still indulging coming up to Christmas. Just gonna wrap mine and let him hand em over as pressies! Who says romance dies when you get married??

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2012 19:44:06 GMT
pixie says:
Romance???? What's that...says she sitting in her jimjams, slippers on large glass of vino! Very over rated if you ask me...I'll go with love and understanding!Lol!

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 20:47:48 GMT
Charlie says:
Ha, yep, comfort all the way I reckon :)

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2012 01:25:01 GMT
Awww, I don't know?.....comfort may warm the body? - but romance nourishes the soul.....x

Posted on 15 Dec 2012 10:57:17 GMT
Romance is what warms the heart, which may vary from person to person. The most romantic thing I remember in 30 yrs of marriage was one day when I'd been working as a simultaneous translator at some weekend-long meetings. I was exhausted by Monday, which fortunately was a holiday...and DH brought me a cuppa to the bed. He never does that, and has never done it again. Now THAT was romantic!
Letting me sit around in my jimjams with a glass of something would be romantic anytime, since he is pretty gogogo. Today for example we have declared "Orinoco day" (or rather, anna day, since that's my name) and I got up at 10. Cuppa tea, Internet, jammies...blisss...

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2012 21:16:47 GMT
Agreed Bear.xxx
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (657 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
mmmm! what's for dinner 8298 38 minutes ago
New books! 6757 42 minutes ago
Halogen Oven 228 17 hours ago
Ceramic Knives 41 18 hours ago
Yerba Mate, anyone? 202 23 hours ago
gossip and general chat about all things 302 1 day ago
Make ahead cold canapes 10 1 day ago
I want to pass on a tip... 910 1 day ago
electric soup maker 178 3 days ago
Thermomix..... anyone else got one? 387 4 days ago
Ice cream maker with compressor...advice please 8 5 days ago
recipes... 434 7 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  7 Dec 2012
Latest post:  15 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions