Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

Espresso maker help

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Oct 2012 11:11:26 GMT
JackBauer says:
hi never used one so need some device, at costa or starbucks they make some espresso shots, then add water (for an americano) or milk (for a latte) i take it most espresso makers cup size, is basically the shot size?? also how many millieliter is a cup/shot?

alot of reviews have written a 10 cup maker makes about two mugs of coffee??! surely thats for too strong to drink??? or are they diluting it like a coffee shop does??

Posted on 30 Oct 2012 11:13:54 GMT
JackBauer says:
surly 3 shots is more than enough for a large mug of about 450-500ml cup of coffee

Posted on 30 Oct 2012 16:05:01 GMT
pixie says:
Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 3 Cup I don't drink much coffee at all jack but when I do I use this little pot, comes in other sizes and right or wrong I use 1 tsp of expresso per cup...that fills my expresso cups to the brim! I know it should be an eye glass worth but I don't make it really strong but that's strong enough!

Posted on 30 Oct 2012 20:54:28 GMT
JackBauer says:
hmm thanks for replyin, but i kinda need specific measurements. on cup size/mug size or whether u dilute or not?

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2012 21:47:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Oct 2012 21:47:53 GMT
pixie says:
Hope someone pops along soon to help Jack...I'm sure they will. Meanwhile try..cafebar.co.uk or morethancoffee.co.uk...might have some tips.

Posted on 31 Oct 2012 14:19:59 GMT
JackBauer says:
Hmm the stellar 10 cup espresso maker just came. But can't seem to get any cream out of it?? I'm using illy beans grinded very fine my myself. But all I get is a normal pot of coffee? What the hell am I doin wrong?

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 15:02:21 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Oct 2012 15:03:16 GMT
Jack?
I know absolutely nothing about Coffee Machines, or even Espresso Coffee come to that! But I tried Googling - 'getting crema in espresso' - and I pulled up several very good sites including this one to be found on the - My Two Beans Worth Coffee Blog - http://blog.espressocoffeesnobs.com/2008/07/how-to-make-perfect-espresso-crema.html.

It details many reasons why you may not be getting a Crema on your Espresso and the ways to make it happen. These include looking at your Coffee Beans, the grind, tamping your Coffee, the correct brewing temperature, and the correct brewing pressure.

There is also a trouble-shooting guide with great colour photos on - https://www.sweetmarias.com/library/content/espresso-almighty-crema.

And a Barista also gives some useful advice on - http://coffeegeek.com/opinions/barista/10-14-2006.

I hope that they all help you in your attempts to achieve the perfect cup of Coffee.....x

Posted on 31 Oct 2012 18:22:45 GMT
Nesspresso coffee maker, best home made coffee in the world ever. Expensive, very expensive but worth every penny, the coffee is wonderful, single estate brews comes in little capsules. 19 bar pressure for espresso and 15 bar for latte etc. you can adjust how much water comes through for personal tastes. Basically it,s a small amount, strong, then you top up cup, bowl or mug with water or milk as required. Failing that buy a stove top espresso pot, bialetta or moka I think, buy your favourite coffee and make a brew. Have tried other machines on the market and they just don,t cut it, for that price range, so you,re better off with the stove top variety if you don,t want to pay out 200 squid.lNespresso CitiZ and Milk by Magimix M190 Coffee Machine, Limousine BlackBialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 CupBialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup

Posted on 31 Oct 2012 18:31:32 GMT
JackBauer says:
Hi. I've bought the stellar stove espresso pot 10 cup. But it didn't come with any manual as to the minimum water to put in (i might wanna just make one shot/cup of espresso) or how much coffee. Now I've read an average shot/cup of espresso is 1tbs coffee which means I put ten tbs in the coffee area. But there's no way that'll fit!! At one point I filled it up with coffee to the top. But got really watery coffee. So obviously Maxing it with coffee can't be the solution!

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 18:48:12 GMT
pixie says:
Try this...
Tele...0117 940 0000

fax...0117 940 1100

www.horwood.co.uk/contactus.aspx

this is for stellar customer service.....I am sure they will be able to assist you Jack. I love stellar kitchenware...I have had my saucepans for years and they look like new, I have heard their customer aftercare
is excellent!

Posted on 31 Oct 2012 20:11:50 GMT
Jack, you fill the water just below that thing that looks like a Bolton the side of the pot. Fill the coffee holder with ground coffee ,tamp it down a little
You buy the size for the no. Of cups you want, I don't think you could make 1 cup in a 10 cupper. Unless I,m completely off the mark. That,s the only way you Re going to get the correct ratio of water to coffee with a stove top model.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 21:14:18 GMT
JackBauer says:
But as I said if I fill the coffee holder with coffee I get watery coffee. I only seem to get somewhat normal coffee if I underfill it.
Also what do u have to do to get crema?

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 21:16:58 GMT
pixie says:
I would ring customer services If I were you...I'm sure they'll help.

Posted on 31 Oct 2012 21:59:30 GMT
If you scroll upwards, Jack, you will see my earlier post that lists some of the
the websites that tell you exactly how to get the perfect Crema on an Espresso.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 22:00:56 GMT
JackBauer says:
Hi. Thanks. All ready tried those links.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 22:05:15 GMT
pixie says:
Hi Suzy...don't think we able to help much here..do you?x

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 22:06:59 GMT
JackBauer says:
To be honest most of these websites talk about coffee machines rather than espresso stove pots. An I do appreciate the help. X

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2012 22:09:01 GMT
pixie says:
Well give the customer service a reply...you never know your luck jack...good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2012 08:55:33 GMT
Hi Pixie, I just bought stellar saucepans in tk Maxx, my old ones were Demeyer and lasted for about 25 yrs but the bases have started to cut grooves in my induction hob, ouch! The thing is, can I put them in the dishwasher or would I be better to wash by hand. Xxx

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2012 09:01:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Nov 2012 09:01:55 GMT
pixie says:
Depends if they are anodised or stainless steel Diamond. If anodised they don't seem to like the dishwasher much. Mine are stainless steel and are fine. They are a great set of pans Diamond but I can't use mine on the induction....such a nuisance! Had them over 20years and as I said they look like new so can't justify new ones...yet! Bought cooks essential from QVC and they work on my induction ok..xxx

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2012 09:03:00 GMT
I don,t know what's going on Jack, have used a 3 cup one for years, made lovely strong coffee. Are you using the right blend, ie Italian espresso, but then again I,ve used all sorts in mine and it,s been fine? Have you checked the rubber seal is in place correctly, are you leaving it on the stove long enough to bubble through completely, do you screw it up. Nice and tightly so it builds up the right pressure, it could be faulty in some way.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2012 09:08:50 GMT
Theyvare all stainless steel, you,re right, you can,t use the aluminium ones. These are not all the same design, almost but not quite, but I managed to get three different sizes, SML with lids, two are glass with strainer lids and the large one is just a steel lid. Cost me just over 60 for the three, so I wasn,t too fussed about them not being a set, happy days!!xxx

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2012 09:12:31 GMT
pixie says:
They'll stay looking lovely...nice heavy bottoms too!
out of interest I just looked at a site giving advise about pans and if they can go in the dishwasher. On there it said ok for anodised to go in dishwasher but when I was on hols the place there had anodised pans and they had been put through the washer and the outside had gone all cloudy and ghosty...if you know what I mean! Pans were ok but looked terrible!
Sounds like you got yourself a bargain Diamond! Yay!xxx

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2012 09:36:57 GMT
(*Sigh*).......
I think most of the women I know suffer anxieties due to their nice heavy bottom.
Hmmm, if only they would stay looking as lovely as your pans for over 20 years too!!!......

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2012 09:58:17 GMT
There are plenty of men who like nice, heavy bottoms. There are websites about it.

Um... apparently.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (639 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  30 Oct 2012
Latest post:  2 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions