Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

Calling All Cakers! - A New Sugarpaste Is In Town !

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-28 of 28 posts in this discussion
Posted on 18 Nov 2012 20:24:32 GMT
Charlie says:
Yay Suzy. So glad to hear you home, glad you got good news,sounds like a huge relief. Thanks for the cake tips, have realised a huge hiccup in my plans, the cake has a card top. Great, all bits ordered just what about candles! Duh!!!!
Your reply to Charlie's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Nov 2012 21:02:12 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Nov 2012 23:23:00 GMT
Your daughter is four isn't she?.....okay then, Charlie.....

How about using a square cake board? with a blob of royal icing attach a large firmish sweetie such as a brightly coloured liquorice allsort in each corner of the board, stick a candle holder into it and then a candle? Or buy a single large number '4' shaped candle, or four candles shaped like stars or ballooons or even clowns, to complement the carousel theme, and just put them to one side of the cake?

If you keep the children back until they are finished and disposed of safely, you could have 4 cake sparklers? Do be careful removing them afterwards though as they will very hot! Make sure they are completely out, then use a thick tea-towel wrapped around your hand and a jug of water to dunk them into first before you bin them. This is the safest way I've found.

Posted on 19 Nov 2012 11:43:02 GMT
I totally missed this, Suzy, and I have missed you! Glad that you're back home and that there's no C in your future!!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (685 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  7 Nov 2012
Latest post:  19 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions