Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

Quick and easy puddings

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 58 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2012 18:54:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Dec 2012 18:56:50 GMT
pixie says:
Maybe...the one in Bath is a fairly big one...ring ahead and see if they have it...someone could pick it up for you maybe?x have to say it sounds revolting ...Lol!

Edit...New cannon street?

Posted on 12 Dec 2012 21:18:12 GMT
monica says:
Unless you're left as cold by traditional Christmas meals as I am & even lazier than I am, this one probably won't do for the 25th, but it's the quickest & easiest pudding I've ever read about:

http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitchen/2010/08/02/3-ingredients-60-seconds-gooey-chocolate-mug-cake/

Two provisos: I haven't tried the recipe yet (I'm not often in the mood for chocolate) so can't vouch for it, and it's probably best to read the comments because some improvements are suggested in them.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2012 23:51:44 GMT
Yes Ori, like most things in the English language it can be a minefield. I was taught that you eat pudding, get sand in the desert and sit on the suite. So I always think of the sugary course as a pudding. But for many people a pudding is something you eat hot with custard or cream and a dessert is cold,,,,,,who knows, Bearman, do you.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2012 23:53:53 GMT
Ooh yes, I remember that, I,ve seen them in USA supermarkets, they look a bit like instant whip in a pot.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2012 00:27:03 GMT
It's not what it is? - it's what you DO with it that counts, Sam?!!
I thought everybody knew that? I think you might need some more private tuition with Scarlet! ;o>

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2012 00:32:40 GMT
Yes! It's a few years since I got into Manchester now but it is high on my list of goals for next year.
New Cannon Street? - that'll be the Arndale Centre then? - brilliant, it will have excellent disabled access.
Chocolate Pasta will definitely be top of the list now - I just love playing around with new ideas and foods! Thanks Pixie.....x

Posted on 13 Dec 2012 07:39:51 GMT
Monica, that cake-in-a-mug thing is great when you just want a small something decadent without having lots of leftovers to make you feel guilty!! Trouble is it says Eat Me! If I make one I start wanting them every day.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2012 08:41:48 GMT
Where do I sign up!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2012 09:54:12 GMT
Ethereal says:
I'd definitely phone your local Hotel Chocolat - mine were expecting some to be delivered this week but due to high demand (blame Nigella!) they hope to get some next week now.
If I can get hold of it before xmas I'm tempted to buy two and wrap one with the recipe to give someone as a gift! I doubt using ordinary pasta would work as well but haven't tried it.

Monica, I tried that mug recipe. The comments are definitely worth reading - I flavoured mine with the higher amount of good cocoa, vanilla and coffee essence and a pinch of sea salt, microwaved on high for 45-50 seconds as mine's a powerful 1000 watt one until it was cooked but with a pool of chocolate at the bottom (so good idea to keep checking), and poured cream over to serve.
It has the texture of a cross between cake, souffle and mousse, not as good as a real gooey cake but ideal for a quick fix of chocolate.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2012 10:11:08 GMT
What a fantastic idea for a gift?! I know I would be delighted by something like that.
I hope it arrives in time for Christmas for you. I am not going Christmas shopping this year. It was simply too difficult last year - so I am just keeping my gifts to a minimum and buying online instead.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Dec 2012 10:14:59 GMT
Have to agree Pix, it doesn,t ring my bell either. I,ve seen pasta in quite a few sweet recipes and they all sound yeeeuuurk to me.xxx

Posted on 13 Dec 2012 11:04:52 GMT
Bearman says:
CD - sorry I don't know. I always thought of pudding as informal, so you would eat it at an informal meal eg supper (family), and that dessert was posher, and would be eaten at a more formal meal eg dinner (invited guests). Sweet I always thought of as a generic term for all things sweet, though we never used it as a term like pudding/dessert when I was growing up.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2012 10:00:44 GMT
Yes Bear, like many things, we all have a different take on it and will probably never agree.xxx

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 12:47:07 GMT
Charlie says:
That's what I was brought up with bear, maybe it's a regional thing? But then I'm from a northern family, OH is S.African/Welsh and we both say pudding?

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 12:54:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Dec 2012 12:55:03 GMT
Bearman says:
Charlie - I was brought up as Southern as its possible to be. London was up north for us.

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 12:56:52 GMT
Charlie says:
Lol, guess that's that theory out of the water then, maybe I use the word because I'm common as muck then???

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 12:58:35 GMT
Bearman says:
I can blow that theory out of the water too - my parents were quite posh!

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 13:01:25 GMT
Charlie says:
Btw thank you for all the lovely 'dessert' ideas guys. I tried suzysunshine's sweet pasta idea last night and tonight is cheats brûlée/can't remember what pixie called it yoghurt/ cream sugar pud! ( sorry dessert! ;) )
I don't have a microwave so can't try the chocolate pud idea, sounds great way to knock a hot quick pud up ( aargh, I can't stop myself using pudding!!!!! )

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 13:02:34 GMT
Charlie says:
My in laws are too so it didn't really wash as a theory anyway!? Any other ideas?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2012 15:26:27 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Dec 2012 19:01:00 GMT
panettone trimed and sliced then buttered with a very very good apricot jam layer in a dish pour over Amarette quite a lot... make up some custard not to thin and cover the panettone make sure it goes down to the bottom of the dish place in fridge over night
serve cold with spray cream .....brill

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 15:43:10 GMT
I take it the sorbet/fruit/sangria idea didn't appeal...

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 16:05:06 GMT
Bearman says:
Ori - I liked it and made a note of it. The problem is it was -6C round my way last night, and sorbet/fruit/sangria has to be a summer pudding.

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 16:15:45 GMT
True, unless you live in a very warm house!
I have to say after 30 years of living in an unheated flat in Seville, I found visits to US relatives oppressive because of the central heating. That and all the salt in the food, used to make me ill every time.

Posted on 14 Dec 2012 16:25:59 GMT
Charlie says:
Lol, I just came on to say the same thing Ori! Def gonna try it but not till it's warmer! We're frozen solid here. Xx

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Dec 2012 16:35:22 GMT
pixie says:
Barbados cream Charlie!x
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (684 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  58
Initial post:  11 Dec 2012
Latest post:  15 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions