Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

pet owner's - a food alert !

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-36 of 36 posts in this discussion
Posted on 3 Dec 2012 19:57:47 GMT
Now you can rest in peace and go to bed tonight dreaming of the days when dog poo was white

You'll probably end up having a dream about being chased by a giant dog poo now

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2012 20:00:52 GMT
pixie says:
Do you know Mrs P this Forum must be getting to me...last night I dreamt that a giant Kangaroo was chasing us all about the place. I'm not joking, I was exhausted when I woke up! And the funniest part was I saw you all and what you looked like in my dream...how weird is that?!

Posted on 3 Dec 2012 20:04:49 GMT
Was this kangaroo making sexual advances towards you? Is that why you were running away from it?

I would be worried if I was you though. You need to get back to dreaming about Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall coming on to you on a night out and then the two of you going back to his place to make sweet love

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2012 20:19:12 GMT
pixie says:
Roo wasn't after just me! All of us!

Now about the chef coming on to me...
can I have?....

Posted on 3 Dec 2012 21:24:43 GMT
You can have anyone you like. Good choice by the way

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 13:04:32 GMT
We are thinking about getting a new dog in the near future so I came back to this thread today

I really was shocked to find out that onions and garlic are two of the worst things you can give your dog. We must have given our old dog quite a lot of onions and garlic in the leftovers we gave him. We won't be making the same mistake with this one

On a completely different note, whilst I was looking on the dogstrust website at some of the dogs that need a new home in my area I nearly welled up reading some of the stories about how they had arrived at the dogstrust. I really don't know how people can be so cruel to an animal who's only requirements are love, food, water, shelter and a walk 2 or 3 times a day. Surely any normal human being who got a dog and then discovered that they had made a mistake would take it to a rehoming centre. I could never harm a cat or a dog even though of course there have been times with my previous dog where I did give it a gentle tap on occasions but nothing more than that

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 13:28:58 GMT
You're so right, Mrs. E. If you want unconditional love and acceptance, get a dog. You can cry and yell and throw things and all they want to do is make you feel better. Discipline for a dog is more effective with the tone of voice, the look etc. I've trained many and it hurts them more to say "Oh, what a bad dog! I am sooo disgusted with you! Bad dog!" in a very sad tone of voice than anything else. Watch those ears droop! We always used to say, "Never strike a dog, it only knocks the bad behaviour further in."

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2012 13:30:14 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Dec 2012 13:31:49 GMT
I really don't know either how some people can be so utterly cruel either, Mrs P.?!.....that the incredible and unconditional trust, and enduring faith and loyalty that your pet will willingly give to you with all it's little heart could ever be exploited? or abused? - well, it simply beggars belief, doesn't it?

It is very good to know though, that somewhere out there is one probably very sad, and lost little dog, who even though they don't know it yet! - is about to be taken in to a wonderful new home with a loving, caring and responsible owner.....
you...x

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 13:47:33 GMT
pixie says:
How exciting! A new dog.....it will be a lovely start to the year Mrs P.
I would like to get another one to keep my terrier company...I miss my border like mad and seem to see them everywhere!.....I think my cat misses her too.
Please tell us whay breed you get or if it's bitsa!x

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Dec 2012 18:35:56 GMT
That's so lovely of you to say suzy. So looking forward to making one little dogs dreams come true

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 20:59:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Dec 2012 21:15:26 GMT
Stu says:
hi all well as a dog owner reading your posts has been very informative and very interesting!mrs,p.the dog owners where you live must all be very responsible people and like myself and most people here clean up after their dog.but i see about 3 maybe 4 who always leave it behind for people to clean up themselves because it is outside their gate. --stu--ps have lots of fun with your new friend
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (647 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Naaners 19 3 hours ago
come dine with me 2 5 hours ago
New books! 6611 9 hours ago
Of teas, infusions, and tisanes 47 10 hours ago
mmmm! what's for dinner 7878 16 hours ago
Halogen Oven 206 17 hours ago
Our neighbours food delivery a few minutes ago 9 1 day ago
Leisure Range Cookers - design fault? 21 2 days ago
recipes... 432 2 days ago
gossip and general chat about all things 214 4 days ago
Food related TV programmes 1625 4 days ago
Garlic crushers 92 5 days ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  2 Dec 2012
Latest post:  22 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions