Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

Kaffir (Makrut) lime zest/peel - Where to order?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Mar 2013 07:33:06 GMT
Enkido says:
Hello
I'm looking for a place to order Kaffir (Makrut) limes or at least the dried zest/peel of them. It seems to be impossible to find it in switzerland. Where can I order/import it?
Thanks, Kevin
Your reply to Enkido's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Mar 2013 08:09:16 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Mar 2013 10:13:27 GMT
pixie says:
Dried Kaffir Lime Leaves (50g by Nguan Soon)

Kaffir Lime Leaves Powder 100g Edit just to show that this is available too

These companies supply it through Amazon, maybe they will send you some if you contact direct?

Just noticed a company...

healthysupplies.co.uk they ship internationally.

This may help too....The Food Substitutions Bible: More Than 5,500 Substitutions for Ingredients, Equipment & Techniques (...Bible (Robert Rose))

Posted on 21 Mar 2013 08:28:11 GMT
Enkido says:
Hi Pixie,
Thanks a lot! But that is powder of lime leaves, I however, would need the zest.
Thanks, Kevin

Posted on 21 Mar 2013 09:36:53 GMT
I use ordinary lime zest if I cant get the real thing and toss in some kaffir lime leaves too

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Mar 2013 10:12:34 GMT
pixie says:
They do the dried leaves as well Enkido...I only put the powder up in case anyone didn't realise they do powder too and wanted it.

Posted on 21 Mar 2013 19:41:53 GMT
Look in the freezer of an Asian market if you have one. I'd never looked in ours, thinking it was all eggroll wrappers and dim sum, and discovered kaffir lime and lemon grass, to my delight!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Mar 2013 20:04:41 GMT
pixie says:
We have them in our asian supermarket too Ori...had to buy some dried for a neighbour today..not as good but good enough.

Hope you ok and cooking on gas!xx

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2013 08:00:09 GMT
Yup, notice how the TV chefs only cook on gas? They know what's good! I grew up with natural gas at home (quite in the back, there!) and that's what I use.

Manisha told me re: curry leaves "if you can't get them fresh don't bother with the dried". I know it's not the same but since I've never HAD the fresh, I don't know the difference, do I?

Busy up the wall, but I'll be done tomorrow...with a tale to tell.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2013 09:40:59 GMT
pixie says:
Our Asian supermarket sells fresh curry leaves and the helpful staff in there said they freeze really well....what you been up to Ori?x

Posted on 22 Mar 2013 12:44:31 GMT
Translating the lyrics and liner notes for a tango album. Quite a chance encounter with someone on another website, and he recommended me to a record publisher in Germany. I did this 2 years ago...and I guess the guy's back with a new disc. Comes out at Easter, so it was a bit of a rush. Last time many of the tracks were his own, and better written/easier to translate than this time. Now he's used old traditional songs, more Argentine slang and harder to fit into English. I know he's not going to sing them in English but I didn't feel as "in the zone" this time. I hope they like what I've done.
I'm not working on it today as my deadline is Monday, I'm just letting it sit until tomorrow, then DH will help me proofread it and I'll send it off Sunday night.

And then I will spend Easter Week lying in bed watching films, or going out with my sweetie (until Wed). Thursday-Saturday is a nightmare in this town, what with processions and men running around in KKK costumes. BUT we have slated a visit to the curry place, probably Monday for lunch.

"I will not order Dal Tarka. I will order something new. I will not order Dal Tarka. I will order something new. I will not order Dal Tarka..." even if theirs is the best I've ever tasted.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (639 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  21 Mar 2013
Latest post:  22 Mar 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions