Initial post: 3 Feb 2013 16:52:19 GMT
Karl Wiggins says:
A really engaging read; Food and Shelter

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2013 16:58:00 GMT
pixie says:
Food and Shelter This the one Karl?

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 18:24:51 GMT
Karl Wiggins says:
That's the one Pixie. Click on the cover and have a look inside.

Or if you live in the USA; http://www.amazon.com/Food-and-Shelter-ebook/dp/B00B726RTI/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1359915816&sr=1-1&keywords=Food+and+Shelter

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 21:12:08 GMT
I thought this was going to be a post about the things pets require

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2013 21:24:13 GMT
pixie says:
Mrs P...you been talking to my dog?x

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2013 21:27:59 GMT
No. I don't need to talk to your dog because I can guarantee that your dog receives all the food, shelter, walks and love that a dog could need

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2013 21:30:46 GMT
pixie says:
She would tell you otherwise..always for the sympathy vote! Walked her legs off yesterday and she went out this morning...snoring all day since!
You Ok? Good day? What you been up to?

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 21:39:28 GMT
Yeah, a so so day. Spent most of it at my partners dads house. Pretty clear for all of us to see that he's starting to suffer from dementia so that wasn't the best

On the more positive side of things we're looking for a new dog and spent an hour or so browsing various websites to see if there were any we liked the look of

I hope you had a nice day too

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2013 21:52:58 GMT
Stu says:
any particular kind/type of dog you like mrs.p

Posted on 3 Feb 2013 21:57:00 GMT
Yeah, I like smallish ones. I couldn't cope with something like a St Bernard. I'd be scared that I'd go to sleep and it would sit on me and end up killing me

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2013 21:58:02 GMT
pixie says:
Not bad! Thanks. What kind of pooch are you looking for? That's exciting...I'd love another puppy. Miss my other dog.xx

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 07:48:21 GMT
I can't believe I've lived all my married life without a dog but in this tiny apartment it's the best choice. I have a neighbour who rescues greyhounds and I'd love to take on one of her "kids."

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 07:48:43 GMT
Our last dog was a Jack Russell so we're looking for another one. I know that's a boring answer

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2013 15:17:50 GMT
Stu says:
nothing is really boring so get your jack russell if you can mrs.p my ex partner has one and they are good around children are they not,my daughter loves him

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 15:55:18 GMT
Our now deceased Jack Russell was such a baby and so good around kids. All he wanted to do was a go for a walk, come back, have a drink and then go in his bed and sleep until it was time for his dinner

The list of things that scared him was so long that it was almost funny

I mean how many dogs do you know that are scared of bones, the rain, high visibiliy jackets, other dogs, cats, fireworks, snow, puddles, plant pots and so on.

I'm sure he was a female dog trapped in a male dogs body

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2013 16:17:51 GMT
Stu says:
ive got a female labrador/golden retriever cross and she sounds about the same love,she hates the rain awfully,gradually getting use to the fireworks,after lots of love and attention,hates puddles,but loves snow once it has stopped falling and settled,daft as brushes arent they,love em to bits all the same though dont we

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 16:31:12 GMT
They truly are daft but I wouldn't have it any other way. You can't beat coming home and seeing their tail swishing from side to side before they run up to you and show you how much they have missed you

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2013 16:42:01 GMT
Stu says:
that is so true,but not only does mine swish her tail but she also jumps up and down on all fours,but she is also so clever for a rescued dog that was ill treated

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 21:26:32 GMT
A. bailey says:
My pets do wag their tails when I pick them up but they don't run very fast even with six legs!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2013 22:08:37 GMT
I'm sorry to hear that your dog was ill treated by a previous owner. I really don't know how anyone could hurt a dog. Sure, there are times when you lose patience with them and give them a gentle tap but I would never do anything to cause them distress. All they ask for is your love and yet some people treat them like crap

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2013 22:22:53 GMT
Stu says:
to true mrs,p i picked her up from the rsca centre,3yrs old just been speyed and still had her collar on,they were all begging to be taken home except her just laying there and as soon as i saw her i said that one because she was pedigree i had to pay more but that didnt bother me went back next day to walk her up and down their green and that was it,previous owners starved her all life had to eat own feaces to survive,wish they told me who they were

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 22:37:57 GMT
That's disgusting. I really wish people who treated animals like that received serious jail time. Why get a pet if you have no intention of giving it the best life possible?

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 22:51:12 GMT
Stu says:
or the same treatment eh mrs.p

Posted on 4 Feb 2013 23:07:39 GMT
Absolutely. Let's see how they like it
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (646 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
New books! 6596 31 minutes ago
Halogen Oven 202 8 hours ago
mmmm! what's for dinner 7868 8 hours ago
Naaners 10 18 hours ago
Our neighbours food delivery a few minutes ago 9 18 hours ago
Leisure Range Cookers - design fault? 21 1 day ago
recipes... 432 1 day ago
gossip and general chat about all things 214 3 days ago
Food related TV programmes 1625 3 days ago
Garlic crushers 92 4 days ago
Belling or Stoves 900 Dual Fuel Range Cooker? Help! 112 5 days ago
No knead bread.........???? 53 16 days ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  3 Feb 2013
Latest post:  4 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions