Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 272 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2014 22:18:30 BDT
How lovely is that Happy, your own apricots, they are one of my favourite. Fruits. Your meal sounds delightful, just the kind of simple meal I enjoy in the week.OH likes a roast at the weekend, or a steak at least, but during the week our meals are less time consuming as I am down Dads most evenings or late afternoon. If i,m really well organised I will do prep before I go out,but sometimes I have just been too busy all day and will make something quick and easy, but always tasty. My OH says that I always go the extra mile. I just feel that if you are going to cook, however simple a meal you should always strive to make it as interesting as possible.

Posted on 26 Sep 2014 20:42:59 BDT
happy says:
This one was just over 1kg, which is enough for three people. I shall have the last portion for lunchtomorrow.
The apricots came from a tree grown from a stone, about ten years ago. This was the first year it produced a decent crop, last year it only had half a dozen fruit on it. This year I got three carrier bagsful. Most went into the freezer as the whole lot ripened at once.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2014 20:42:19 BDT
25kg for a fully grown one.

Posted on 26 Sep 2014 19:49:32 BDT
How much does a turbot weigh?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2014 17:53:08 BDT
pixie says:
What time shall I arrive?....Apricot pie gets me every time! My Mum used to make it and I have always loved it...sounds delicious Happy!

Posted on 26 Sep 2014 17:30:26 BDT
happy says:
I've got a whole fresh turbot, so I shall bake it wrapped in foil with just butter and S&P. H will only eat fish if it's ultra simple. It will be served with new potatoes, crusty bread, watercress and some ice cold vinho verde. For afters I shall bake an apricot pie since the oven will be on and most probably custard.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2014 09:22:41 BDT
Bearman says:
I think the word is from the French - they spell calorie the same way.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2014 09:11:40 BDT
pixie says:
hoorah! what you cooking first?xx

Posted on 26 Sep 2014 08:30:37 BDT
Oh good, HC, a decent cooker really helps.
My aaaah is that I've lost another pound and a half this week. At night I take some of that home made fish stock and add veggies for soup; dab of miso in the bowl. Filling and comforting and low calorie.

(Question: why is it "calorie" and not "calory" in the singular?)

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Sep 2014 22:38:57 BDT
Happy cooking, happy cleaner....xxxx

Posted on 25 Sep 2014 20:48:13 BDT
happy says:
My cooker has finally arrived, exactly a month after the first one arrived and went. It's lovely, I'm really pleased with it. I dismantled the old one and took it to the bins, the council will take it away when they get around to it. So now I'm looking forward to doing some real cooking.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Aug 2014 16:17:46 BDT
happy says:
Couldn't find the AAAARGH thread Ori. Did look but it's seems to have vanished!

Posted on 26 Aug 2014 13:51:06 BDT
This thread is for good "aaaaahs" as in "what a relief." There's an AAAARGH thread, though.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Aug 2014 19:53:11 BDT
That,s very disappointing, i would have been most put out about that, the carriers would be getting the sharp end of my tongue I can tell you. When we had a new kitchen fitted you would not believe how many items turned up damaged or broken. Sometimes it took three attempts to get a door that wasn,t smashed. If anyone's interested it was WICKES........they were very good about it but my blood pressure was through the roof. Trouble is the expense to somebody must be enormous and ultimately it gets passed onto us...........

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Aug 2014 16:17:06 BDT
Ivan says:
You don't think you're being a bit fussy???

Posted on 25 Aug 2014 15:35:40 BDT
happy says:
My cooker arrived this morning, and promptly departed! I think it had been dropped some where en-route. The box was damaged, the glass lid smashed and it was somewhat out of shape. It didn't even get taken off the lorry. I think the driver already knew, but needed me to sign it off as damaged and not accepted.
I emailed the company and now await a response.

Posted on 28 Jun 2013 16:14:37 BDT
This is a mixed blessing...well, most are. I don't expect to have any classes at all in August, and darn few in July. But to think of 8 weeks off...and I've started walking every day again. Only 4 days and I've lost 2.5 lbs so far...aaahhhhh. I know part of that is because I came off the allergy meds and stopped retaining so much, but still.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2013 17:18:37 BDT
Stu says:
it sure is pixie love,and thats what i need on some threads on other forums love just to keep up my winning streak lol---xxx

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2013 17:12:27 BDT
pixie says:
Knowledge is power stu!x

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2013 16:51:38 BDT
Stu says:
well i start this week ori as all my books turned up yesterday,so im going to be more intelligent dead than i was alive with all this learning im doing love lol---xxx

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2013 16:31:59 BDT
Good news Stu! And you are giving your daughter the gift of loving books and reading, which is one of the greatest things a parent can do. Hope you two can read together sometimes.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2013 15:51:40 BDT
Stu says:
you know what pixie love,i could of had a ten by tenft card bought me and it would not have beaten the one she made at school for me,i always prefer the personal touch love

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jun 2013 15:38:25 BDT
pixie says:
How fab stu...and what a lovely present you gave her...nice to know she will be reading!....and you...two father's day cards! who's spoilt! Lol!xxx

Posted on 16 Jun 2013 15:28:07 BDT
Stu says:
well its my daughters b/day today shes 7 yrs old,one of her better visits too cos she wasnt expecting the b/day present that i got her after her party last night she got £90 at the party from all her friends then today i got some of the b/day cake which i wasnt expecting at all so it shows i was thought of,that surprised me,then instead of getting nothing cos i just asked for a fathers day card i got 2 one siobhan made herself at school which i liked more than the shop bought,then comes her eyes popping out of her head at getting the kindle cos she didnt expect it and leather case for it she came running into the kitchen to say thank-you and give me a giant hug,so a very spoilt daughter this year but mum said when shes set it up for children she will be on it non-stop

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2013 15:58:53 BDT
pixie says:
Result Ori...lovely when it goes the right way!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (690 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
which breadmaker? 120 1 hour ago
Food related TV programmes 1689 2 hours ago
Food Related Jokes 59 4 hours ago
For those of us that would like to lose some weight 2252 5 hours ago
The All New What's For Dinner Thread!! 128 5 hours ago
I want to pass on a tip... 1009 1 day ago
Kefir, anyone? 125 2 days ago
gossip and general chat about all things 1212 6 days ago
The Fish Thread 190 6 days ago
Chasseur vs Le Creuset 60 7 days ago
New books! 7056 11 days ago
All Things Curry 285 15 days ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  272
Initial post:  31 Jan 2013
Latest post:  26 Sep 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions