Customer Discussions > cooking discussion forum

Hand mixer recommendation

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Dec 2011 02:06:42 GMT
Love food says:
Hi, I am planning to buy a hand mixer to whip cream for cake decoration- I am a bit confused between Philips 175 watt or Tefal prep line 350 watt. Looking forward to recommendations
Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Dec 2011 20:35:14 GMT
Neil Clague says:
I went through two hand mixers because the beater was held together with plastic. Beware, the plastic cracked and broke really easily. Probably because I put them in the dishwasher, but who wants to wash them by hand!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Dec 2011 10:56:09 GMT
NINA B says:
i wanted a hamd mixer but in the end setled for a braun multiquick 5,i bake and cook everyday and i don't have to stop because it gets to hot,you have to mix for a good 20 min before it get hot,i would recomand it

Posted on 7 Jan 2012 12:09:45 GMT
Patricia says:
I have a BODUM Bistro Electric Hand Mixer, Lime Green and find it not only colourful, but sturdy and efficient. In addition to the two beaters, there are two dough hooks and a balloon whisk. On the base there is pull-out handle which winds up the power cord. Not one to make a splash, it starts up smoothly and has a five-speed lever on the top of the unit.

Like a lot of other people I made the mistake of buying a cheap mixer at first.

Posted on 11 Jan 2012 21:12:33 GMT
I have a Dualit Hand Mixer Chrome 88400. Very easy to store on its end and cord rewinds inside. Also has a plug storage, so no dangling cord when not in use. Comes with 2 beaters, 2 dough hooks and a balloon whisk. Ejecting tools is very easy, I have arthritis in my hand. Chrome finish is very classy.

Posted on 22 Mar 2012 19:06:45 GMT
Helen B says:
I have a Andrew James hand mixer I bought through Amazon. I'd never heard of the make but it is very good for the price.
Your reply to Helen B's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on 26 Mar 2012 11:59:34 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Mar 2012 12:01:32 BDT
I would recommend Kenwood. I have a LIDL Hand mixer but I guess you can't find that online. But I had also bought the triblade set from Kenwood which includes a whisk which whips creams quite good. If you're into style Kenwood has the Kmix range which is nice. Here's a link
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=kenwood+hand+mixer&sprefix=kenwood+han%2Caps%2C281

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Mar 2012 16:16:43 BDT
tembo says:
buy a dualit, they are really robust. It has plenty of power, and a number of speed settings, and it stows away well, with the plug fixing into the machine. - genius.. I have been through about 5 mixers, and this is by far the best.

Posted on 31 Mar 2012 09:15:50 BDT
I can recommend a TESCO hand mixer it doesn't get hot, and has six speeds as well as a pulse, cakes, double cream everything sucessful. Great, and before that I had a LIDL superb, lasted for ages then I couldn't replace it.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2012 17:50:04 BDT
Dear Mr Philip R Gardner
Do TESCO do a version of this mixer that doe's get hot and has more speeds and no pulse? And I am very interested in buying a LIDL SUPERB maybe I could have your old one.
Regards
C Atersugar (Mr)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2012 17:53:59 BDT
Dear Tembo
You seem a little Cavalier with your mixers, 5 you say that you have got through indeed! and in this time of austerity.
Regards
Asa Marchare

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2012 18:01:24 BDT
Can I have my mixer back?
Andrew James

Posted on 30 Apr 2012 23:08:08 BDT
I have had a kenwood Kmix hand machine for ages and it is fantastic, much better than any other one I have had in 46 years of marriage. Unfortunately I have very bad arthiritis, I have now invested in a Kenwood titanium stand mixer and that is wonderful. Should you choose to buy one of these I found Amazon were nearly 150 cheaper than the other places I looked at.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2012 09:24:02 BDT
Patricia says:
J.P, thanks for the review. Following my glowing report on the Bodum, I found that the whisk shafts were peeling near the insertion points, and had to return it. I would be interested to know if you had any peeling problems with the kMix.

Posted on 1 May 2012 23:33:07 BDT
I have had a Kenwood hand mixer for the last 30 years and still works fine, probs cannot say the same for the newer ones these days. But I do agree with the post about the Bodum as they do look very sturdy, I have the Bodum coffee grinder and that is very good.

Posted on 5 May 2012 16:11:52 BDT
Devonmum says:
Another vote for the Kenwood K-mix here! I bought one to replace my old Kenwood mixer after 10 years of heavy service, and it's fantastic. My cakes are much lighter, and loads of people comment on them. The mixer is quite heavy, as you would expect from something with so much power, so may not be great for people with arthritis etc.

I noticed that it's the K-mix which is supplied to contestants on the Great British Bake-off. If it's good enough for Mary Berry....!

Posted on 7 May 2012 15:11:58 BDT
Mum of 3 says:
Try the Kenwood HM320 only 20GBP listed in our area as being available from John Lewis, Comet and Sainsbury's. I bought one similar to this about 11 years ago from Lakeland and it's still going strong.

Kirsty Law
Watford,Herts
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the cooking discussion forum (639 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  cooking discussion forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  14 Dec 2011
Latest post:  7 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions