Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Jan 2010 22:12:01 GMT
granny says:
I have had pea shoots as a garnish in a couple of restaurants and they were delicious. I read somewhere that you could grow the shoots from dried peas can anyone advise the best way to do this

Posted on 11 Jun 2010 20:45:58 BDT
gille liath says:
Just plant them! You can grow them thicker if you just want the shoots - harvest when abt 3 inches long.

Or I suppose you could sprout them, which is slightly different; you can do it indoors, keep them moist but not drowned, washing & changing the water regularly, until they begin to sprout. You can get various gadgets to make sprouting easier, but it can be done in a shallow dish with a wet paper towel.

Posted on 27 Nov 2011 20:29:01 GMT
MRS TWEEDY says:
SO easy to grow. Just get a packet of dried peas from the supermarket..... cheaper than buying a packet of seeds. Soak them over night and then pop them in a plastic food bag with a handful of multipurpose compost. Leave them on a warm windowsill to geminate. When they send out shoots then plant them outside in a pot or garden planter and leave them until they are tall enough for your liking and harvest them. You should get 2 to 3 cuttings from them. To keep a constant supply start off another handful of peas every 7 days. Sooo easy to do, soooo cheap and soooo good for you as well as being tasty. If you get hooked on growing these try planting runner and climbing french beans in pots next year. So much cheaper than buying them imported from Eggpt and low on air miles and carbon footprint. Always good to eat seasonally. So many vegetables that are easy to grow in pots in the garden.

Posted on 30 May 2012 14:30:58 BDT
G OODFELLA says:
bean dies

Posted on 30 May 2012 15:56:07 BDT
and it's a goal?

Posted on 31 May 2012 13:51:55 BDT
G OODFELLA says:
and mushrooms duck ?

Posted on 31 May 2012 13:56:24 BDT
who ducks mushrooms ?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2012 11:54:38 BDT
Isobel Ayres says:
Me! I duck mushrooms, 'cos they're 'orrible.

Posted on 29 Aug 2012 12:22:56 BDT
Really? I'd mushroom the duck myself, 'cos they're 'orrible!

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2012 15:29:51 BDT
Isobel Ayres says:
Ooooh, no, love duck. Especially Chinese style - I'm not keen on it pink.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2012 17:24:05 BDT
Never had it? but I'll try anything once,.....within reason!!! :o>

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Aug 2012 09:46:33 BDT
Thank you, mrs T, will give it a go. My husband and I grew carrots in pots this summer, our first attempt at veg, tiny little things, we could,nt wait, but they were out of this world tasty, and we got four dinners out of them. At two pound a pop in Tesco for tiny ones, they were a bargain too. Please keep posting, it,s good to have a new perspective and ideas. XxCarole

Posted on 17 Sep 2012 11:30:50 BDT
bean sprouts?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  cookery discussion forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  27 Jan 2010
Latest post:  17 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions