Customer Discussions > comedy discussion forum

worst t.v presenters

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 240 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 May 2010 18:18:42 BDT
in my humble opinion the following are some of the worst t.v presenters in the world . jonathan ross , phil jupitas, harry hill, david dickinson, tim wonnacott, tom o' connor and bruce forsyth. there is not one ounce of talent in the bloody lot of them. oh! i almost forgot the incredibly ugly adrian chiles. send them all to afghanistan . then we'd all get some peace.

Posted on 26 May 2010 22:09:59 BDT
Ian Wright. For a footballer he makes a great doorstop. When he speaks he always sounds as if he has learned his lines very badly and is reciting by rote...

Posted on 27 May 2010 04:41:50 BDT
TV presenters are an inane bunch at the best of times. Looking into the camera eith a dead-behind-the-eyes expression and grinning lime a mindless idiot seems to be a prerequisite these days. Special mention to Johnathon Ross who is completely repellent.

I refused to watch "the Culture Show" when Lauren Laverne was presenter. Classic example of the BBC dumbing down and hiring some unqualified airhead to attract some insignifant demographic.

Posted on 27 May 2010 05:35:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 May 2010 05:41:33 BDT
Tikka says:
We get the same in the music forum. People slag off popular artists just because they/their favourite act haven't 'made it'.

Same envy going on here. Lots of people like and watch those mentioned so far.

To anyone who poses saying "I refuse to watch.....whoever" I say you can always change channels or switch off....

Posted on 29 May 2010 10:01:57 BDT
R. A. Caton says:
I like Johnathan Ross. Probably overpriced (aren't all media idols?) but he gives the impression that he is at least interested in his guests...
as for Bruce Forsyth, you don't last as long as he has in the business without having something....
I can't stand Chiles.... but I follow Tikkas advice, there.
I suppose that, in the end, everybody has their likes and dislikes in their fellow humans. Some folk enjoy listening to Steve Wright on Radio2.

Posted on 29 May 2010 15:38:48 BDT
Sou'Wester says:
I suppose we all have our likes and dislikes, but the presenter I have never been able to stomach is Noel Edmonds, even more so now that he comperes the stomach-churningly dreadful "Deal Or No Deal".

Posted on 29 May 2010 15:49:58 BDT
H S Marks says:
British TV only has idiots and wankers for presenters. They all suck !!

Posted on 29 May 2010 18:06:46 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 May 2010 18:07:26 BDT
I can't believe it - 7 posts in and no-one has nominated Davina McCall yet.

Posted on 4 Jun 2010 17:08:27 BDT
The t.v presenter i hate the most is Richard Hammond i mean he is good on Top Gear but on total wipeout he is just terrible his lines are god awful

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2010 16:27:21 BDT
sistermoon says:
Dermot O'Leary! He slurs his words and is truly wooden.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2010 08:25:27 BDT
Molly Brown says:
Tikka, I think a lot of people have switched off and we are all here, on the internet, not changed channels.
As regards that pointof having a choice, we all at least are forced to pay the TV Licence fee, even if we only watch Sky News, or other independent channels. And for every top tv presenter or comedian or whatever, especially in music, there are a hundred more talented but undiscovered performers who maybe just haven't had the breaks, yet!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jun 2010 10:28:07 BDT
Oh well, I must be part of the insignificant demographic as I think Lauren's well cute and having her front the CS got me watching sometimes. Not sure you need to be qualified to present the CS as they bring on the experts for the relevant bits like Tom Dyckhoff (architecture) and Andrew Graham Dixon (art).
SC- McCall's certainly got my vote as the most useless of the lot - a witless, manic, charisma free bimbo who just shouts excitedly. Then again she may've once been normal but 10 years of fronting the obnoxious and dire BB has sent her mind into meltdown

Posted on 15 Jun 2010 16:21:03 BDT
A. Mursell says:
For the award of worst TV presenter I would like to nominate Adrian Chiles, Ant & Dec, plus Ortis Deley.

Posted on 16 Jun 2010 11:46:04 BDT
Molly Brown says:
I agree with you now, but I used to like Adrian Chiles on that financial programme on Beeb 2 he used to do. It was good to have him as a sort of voice of ordinary amidst all the toffs who made up the programme. (My parents were both from West Bromwich), but now he's really getting on my nerves! He seems to be on everything these days. Spoiling the World Cup for me!

Posted on 17 Jun 2010 01:26:42 BDT
Chris Packham. What an arrogant smug git that man is. Totally ruined Springwatch for me now. Bring back the Oddy!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jun 2010 18:59:42 BDT
Sou'Wester says:
I'm afraid Springwatch lost it long before smug Mr Packham appeared. It has become yet another of these so-called natural history programmes with precious little actual nature but hour after hour of egotistical presenters mugging into the camera. As for Chris Packham's excitable co-host, is it actually possible for Kate Humble to utter a sentence without including the word "fantastic"?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jun 2010 19:37:16 BDT
Lez Lee says:
I can only watch with the sound off now. Even Simon King's lost his charm. Once I'd heard him say "I wonder who laid those eggs" I couldn't take any more.

Posted on 18 Jun 2010 08:44:16 BDT
Molly Brown says:
Yeah, but I loved Bill Oddie's birdwatching programmes, so relaxing, and thoughtful. IMO anyway.

Posted on 18 Jun 2010 09:32:57 BDT
Can't stand Lorraine Kelly! She never lets her guests get a word in edgeways!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2010 18:38:50 BDT
Louise i've never noticed that,

Posted on 8 Jul 2010 06:24:49 BDT
Tikka says:
stuart said:
"Louise i've never noticed that, (about LK)"

Same here. Spend too much time drooling to notice....

Posted on 8 Jul 2010 11:57:29 BDT
Lez Lee says:
I met Lorraine Kelly on a BBC Scotland quiz show. She'd done her morning TV show then flown up to Glasgow to record the quiz in the evening. She must have been tired but took the time to greet us all personally. She's a lovely person and extremely professional and I was very impressed. I've never watched her morning show so can't comment!

Posted on 8 Jul 2010 13:13:52 BDT
TomC says:
Woss and Chiles have both earned their place in this list. But credit also to that vacuous yob, Jeremy Clarkson.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2010 13:25:48 BDT
Brass Neck says:
As a one-off how about Mick Fleetwood & Sam Fox presenting the Brits? Dire doesn't come close.

Posted on 20 Jul 2010 18:02:06 BDT
D. Climo says:
The evil Ant & Dec. Watching them is as entertaining as shoving glass in your eyes. And to think that Dermot O Dreary actually presents BGT with them. I haven't really watched Jonathan Ross on a regular basis but from the little bits I've seen I've always got the impression that he thinks he's funnier than he is. Another one I find abosolutely dire is Russell Brand, he is just not funny to me as you can see the punchlines from his sort of jokes coming from a mile away.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  comedy discussion forum
Participants:  102
Total posts:  240
Initial post:  26 May 2010
Latest post:  5 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions