Customer Discussions > classics discussion forum

how to ice cake's?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Feb 2012 13:59:57 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Feb 2012 15:13:54 GMT
W. RULE says:
Hi I am 11 years old and I love baking but I am not very good at decorating piping and that sort of stuff does anyone know of any books
for beginners to learn how to do that sort of stuff please?
SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE could some one help me hear?

Posted on 29 Feb 2012 15:12:54 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 29 Feb 2012 15:13:15 GMT]

Posted on 2 May 2012 14:12:05 BDT
Hi there W. Rule,
I am 43 years old and I love baking too!
When I started out I used - "The International School of Sugarcraft" series and I still use them now to look things up and remind myself. I have recommended them several times on the 'cake' and 'cake decorating' forums as I think that they are brilliant, and I think that you would find them very useful.

I have 4 books and book 1 is for beginners. They are written chapter by chapter by different authors who are the top recognised experts in each technique, and are so easy to follow with plenty of step by step colourful pictures and photos that it's almost impossible to go wrong(!) The tips and recipes are fool-proof and come from years of professional experience and all the icing and piping templates are very handy too. If you slide a clear plastic A4 page pocket over the page you can practice your piping by tracing over the lines on the pages.

They are available on Amazon and you can also click to look inside to decide if they are the books for you. Do make sure that you buy the latest editions of each book though - as they have the more modern up-to-date photos in. There are a couple of low rated reviews from people who felt that the books were out-dated, but trust me, the techniques (both explained and shown more accurately than anywhere else) are exactly the same techniques used today even in the very latest contemporary designs.
I think the styles and designs pictured might sometimes be a bit dated to the 1980's when the books originally came out - but they have been updated with every re-issue - and it is the techniques that you wish to learn, understand and to perfect, and not necessarily the colours and styles that they have used as an example.

I hope these books will help you as much as they have helped me!

If you keep checking the 'cake' and 'cake decorating' forums for any more help and advice - you will find we are a very friendly, helpful bunch of bakers! A lot of people are also asking your question too and many other bakers have posted their favourite baking and sugarcraft book suggestions, with lots of recipes and answers that you may find very useful as well.

Very Best Wishes and very Happy Baking! - Have fun! x suzysunshine7 x
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the classics discussion forum (141 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  classics discussion forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  28 Feb 2012
Latest post:  2 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions