Customer Discussions > classics discussion forum

An American black & white murder mystery - what's the title?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Feb 2012 12:55:05 GMT
K. WORKMAN says:
A man thinks he has committed the perfect crime in murdering his wife and hides her body in a pile of logs. The body is found but the detective who I think was Sydney Greenstreet who suspects him arranges that the man frequently glimpses a woman who is made up to look almost identical to his wife, making him think that perhaps she might still be alive. The murderer then has to make sure and goes to the place where he has hidden the body, only to be confronted by Greenstreet who then has the evidence of his crime.
Your reply to K. WORKMAN's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Feb 2012 11:17:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Feb 2012 11:24:09 GMT
Molly Brown says:
Conflict (1945 film) Humphrey Bogart Sidney Greenstreet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_(1945_film)

"Richard walks unexpectedly out of the fog and kills her. Afterward, he pushes her car down a steep slope; it dislodges some logs which crash down and hide the automobile"

Think this must be the one you're looking for. Greenstreet plays a Doctor though. Conflict [VHS] - Not on DVD as far as I can see on Amazon. Must admit it is a rare one. I only vaguely remembered it.

Amazon in the States have the DVD and some reviews. http://www.amazon.com/Conflict-Humphrey-Bogart/dp/B006WQUGI2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/190-9605093-6015210

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Feb 2012 11:11:58 GMT
Workman, Molly, Conflict just came out on DVD at the Warner Bros website. It should retail for about $ 19.99.

Best,
Eduardo

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2012 07:55:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 16 Feb 2012 08:09:32 GMT
Molly Brown says:
Hello Eduardo, I found the link but as far as I can see it's only available for shipping in America? This is weird that this particular film is so hard to get in the UK as it's classed as one of the great Film Noirs. I suppose VHS is the only option at the moment in the UK at least? Shame though, I love Humphrey Bogart films, perhaps it's available within a box set somewhere, why is it so precious?

NB: I just found the film on a certain auction site here in the UK, which ships from the US. Can't put link don't think Az would like it. Sounds like it would cost total, $35 inc? Assume it would be region 1 though. OK if you have a multi region player. I would like this film now, as I can't recall it being shown on TV for decades.

Posted on 17 Feb 2012 22:02:59 GMT
^ sounds like it's one of Warners MOD (made on demand) releases -basically overpriced official dvdr copies.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the classics discussion forum (141 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  classics discussion forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  5 Feb 2012
Latest post:  17 Feb 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions