Customer Discussions > childrens dvd discussion forum

What children's TV series do you wish would be released on DVD?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 640 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Aug 2008 22:48:34 BDT
Ellie says:
I wish you could get 'Rentaghost' on DVD, as my young one would love it... 'Bernard's Watch' has also been a TV favourite recently, but you can't get that on DVD either.

I wish...

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Aug 2008 21:36:45 BDT
Jane Godfrey says:
That ChuckleVision, Bodger and Badger and Hububb would be released on DVD. Also, Drake and Josh in the UK along with iCarly and Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Aug 2008 00:04:50 BDT
Aquilla was a great junior sci-fi series with a follow up which unfortunately ,I missed some episodes. I've bought the book for series1 but series2 was never published. I would love to see the coplete series and I'm sure my eldest grand daughter would be captivated by it.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Aug 2008 10:52:54 BDT
Jolee Rouse says:
they would bring out Puddle Lane. I had lots of episodes on vhs as a kid but the cassettes were either lost or eaten by my vcr! :(

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Aug 2008 23:53:38 BDT
You are so right it was amazing!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Aug 2008 12:57:40 BDT
I loved the later series of Rentaghost too - but the only release I've ever seen was a disc with about the first 3 episodes of Series 1 - and I didn't even recognise them as "rentaghost". I also wish they would release "Children of Fire Mountain" which I watched in the 80s. I loved it.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Aug 2008 13:07:53 BDT
Last edited by the author on 31 Aug 2008 13:08:08 BDT
The Double Deckers. WHY is this not on DVD?????????????????????????

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Aug 2008 15:27:34 BDT
Mr. M. Clegg says:
Look and Read, East of the Moon and T-Bag all need to come on to DVD. Oh and Jonny Briggs and Simon and the Witch! All brilliant shows from my childhood era.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Aug 2008 21:17:55 BDT
S. Pratt says:
What about Banana Splits as I can only find it on VHS?????? Agree about Double Deckers; I loved them both as a kid.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Sep 2008 19:37:33 BDT
Eric.W.Dewar says:
I wish they would bring out the ITV series from the nineties called Wilmot (and chips)

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2008 21:36:19 BDT
J. C. Watson says:
Mine would be The Changes, a really hard hitting and clever serial made by BBC in the mid 70s. It was quite adult in its concept although made for kids, which made it quite unique for the time. I also agree with previous comments about Banana Splits and The Double Deckers-real legends that deserve a release asap

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2008 13:32:13 BDT
mummy spoon says:
knightmare and tbag, I loved them and so wish I could buy the dvd's .

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2008 18:14:31 BDT
Kerry says:
Children's Ward and T-Bag for me

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Sep 2008 01:00:44 BDT
Annie says:
The Animals of Farthing Wood!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Sep 2008 12:33:06 BDT
R. A. Caton says:
Blazing Dragons! A truly great series with as much for the adults as children, sadly butchered between season 1 and 2, and simply not available on DVD or VHS. I think Carlton were embarrassed....
It would be nice to see the more kiddie friendly episodes of ReBoot, too, seasons 1 and 2 complete... seasons 3 and 4 are out, but 1 & 2 aired on abc...

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Sep 2008 21:47:40 BDT
Some series i would love to see come on dvd are: incredible games (not to be confused with terror towers as i did until i found it on youtube!), funhouse, finder's keeper's, the queen's nose (sis's request), how2, art attack/smart (again, sis's requests), dr zitbag's translavanian petshop, wolves, witches and giants, greenclaws, forget-me-not farm, sooty and company, the little mermaid. I agree with most of the suggestions especially reboot as the film's being made at the moment, and blazing dragon's was cool! Does anyone remember "teen angel" where at the beginning they were in a bar or something and it had a sickly cutesy theme tune? It was american by the way.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2008 10:23:03 BDT
Cloudberry says:
Would love to see "The Changes" - an intelligent and thought-provoking serial as J. C. Watston said. Also "The Phoenix and the Carpet" (1970s version), "The Enchanted Castle" (1980) and "The Bagthorpe Saga" (1981.)

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Sep 2008 11:27:43 BDT
Sooty, Rentaghost, Vicky The Viking, Emu. Classics.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2008 22:34:37 BDT
I'd love to see Lizzie Dripping (about a young witch) on dvd. I heard that they are going to do a remake of Rentaghost.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2008 10:46:32 BDT
A. Raven says:
I had only vague memories of the series, but after failing to find it on DVD, I bought "The Changes: A Trilogy ", which is available fron Amazon. Here is a chance to re-live the show and to delve deeper into the effects on the people of Britain. Also on the rest of the World as they watch and fear that the madness may spread.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Sep 2008 04:11:39 BDT
Ms. G. Hill says:
The Henderson Kids, on region 2!!

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Oct 2008 16:56:36 BDT
Heidi says:
Alot of my faves have been mentioned such as T-bag, Childrens ward, Simon and the witch and Emu so i will say The Raggy Dolls.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Oct 2008 12:46:39 BDT
Would also love to see T-bag and Children's ward on DVD. The one I really would love to see released on DVD though is the LWT version of A little Princess. It starred Amelia shankly, Nigel Havers and Maureen Lipman and was shown in the early 80's on a sunday night. It was so well made and stuck to Frances Hodgeson Burnetts original story. A classic that deserves to be shown again.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2008 08:39:40 BDT
Sharky And George, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the 90's series) and the Spider-Man series shown on Live And Kicking (90's again)

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2008 22:57:57 BDT
hello there, You should check out e-bay for the double deckers i'm sure i've seen it on DVD on there....
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the childrens dvd discussion forum (53 discussions)

ARRAY(0xad0468dc)

This discussion

Participants:  451
Total posts:  640
Initial post:  23 Aug 2008
Latest post:  18 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 43 customers

Search Customer Discussions