Customer Discussions > childrens books discussion forum

Fun Fantasy books needed for 11 year-old son.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-94 of 94 posts in this discussion
Posted on 9 Jan 2012 12:11:12 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 18 May 2013 13:01:01 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2012 17:21:00 BDT
percy jackson by rick riordan about the greek myths skulduggery pleasent is very funny and a good read

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 23:40:53 BDT
Skulduggery Pleasant Series- great laugh and action books

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2012 14:24:31 BDT
Skyfox says:
My niece read this one recently and its free today on Kindle I think

http://www.amazon.com/The-Secret-Portal-Series-ebook/dp/B007IWDCK8/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1333790743&sr=1-1 or The Secret Portal (The Secret Portal Series Book 1)

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2012 23:03:22 BDT
Hi Fiona, I'm Colin R. Parsons, a fantasy author from Wales in the UK. Sam Wilding is a great children's author. If you want fantasy and a fast paced adventure with a little humour thrown in; try my series 'The Curious World of Shelley Vendor book 1 and The Curious World of Katie Hinge.' An enjoyable story for boys, girls, teens and adults.

Posted on 10 Apr 2012 13:24:01 BDT
pilsbury says:
A Flight of magic (B's Flying adventures)

Posted on 11 Apr 2012 16:54:53 BDT
Mrs. S. Owen says:
The Charlie Bone series by Jenny Nimmo - complex but fun. And I'd also suggest The Candle Man by Catherine Fisher - she writes well for both 11yr olds and more mature readers.

Sally Owen

Posted on 11 Apr 2012 17:19:54 BDT
The Artemis Fowl books and Terry Pratchett are brilliant reads

Posted on 11 Apr 2012 18:30:29 BDT
LWalsh says:
I've just bought a kindle book 'The Golden Crow Seed' for my neice, who loved it. Really good read, and it has some great illustrations in it. I'd really recommend it.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Apr 2012 11:56:50 BDT
Scroobious Lock and the Circle of Light A girl and boy get involved with a mysterious secret inhabitant of a sea-side lighthouse, Scroobious Lock. Scroobious has some very bad plans for the world . . . lots of surprising action with a very satisfactory 'twist in the tail' ending. The Author!

ps search for it on Amazon

Scroobious Lock and the Circle of Light

Posted on 13 Apr 2012 16:26:07 BDT
Pyewacket says:
What about the Septimus Heape novels by Angie Sage?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2012 18:23:31 BDT
'The Golden Falcon' (a children's book which I've just published) is fantasy written with a sense of humour. It also has family issues - and I'm a Scottish author!
Best wishes, Morag Owen.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2012 20:11:08 BDT
tj says:
Hi. try The Owners by Carmen capuano. She's scotish and there is more than a touch of humour in the story and as it is volume 1 I guess it is a series. Hope this helps.

Posted on 16 Apr 2012 21:26:04 BDT
jaggite says:
This is a good one about a girl who finds a ring that changes her life forever
Crimson Blood

Posted on 21 Apr 2012 04:44:06 BDT
Debbie Wood says:
You could try 'The Secrets of Yiamergin.' Its fantasy fiction has a few funny moments and its about family ties too.Its an easy read but with plenty going on.

Posted on 21 Apr 2012 11:59:24 BDT
D S says:
Darkside

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Apr 2012 23:27:04 BDT
RR CHALLONER says:
P.Quirk, the exciting life of ! (1)
This is a mega funny, laugh out loud fantasy book that your Son will love. For a taster go onto You Tube, type in P.Quirk and click on the one with the title above and you will have a real preview of the book! P.Quirk's Gran reads the first few pages and if your Son doesn't really laugh at this then OK, i must be wrong, but i bet you he will love it........it is so funny, so crazy, yet true also in a crazy way! ENJOY!!!

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 10:15:14 BDT
H. Miller says:
You might try almost anything by Robin Jarvis- an amazing author, totally underrated, and there is nothing else like his work around.

My niece recently got to age/phase where reading became a chore and I bought her the first trilogy, The Depford Mice, to try her on them - she has now put The Whitby Witches on her birthday present list and she hasn't stopped talking about the books! A number of his books are out of print so I got her really good condition, ex-library copies for less than 1 through marketplace sellers.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 11:36:56 BDT
the mick says:
must try susan carrs book jenny brown and the wispering caves u will not put it down
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the childrens books discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  82
Total posts:  94
Initial post:  20 May 2010
Latest post:  23 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions