Customer Discussions > biography discussion forum

Reading and Chocolate?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-40 of 40 posts in this discussion
Posted on 4 Sep 2009 12:27:37 BDT
Julie Barnes says:
chocolate and a good book join the 2 together and have a book called chocolate ha ha

Posted on 12 Sep 2009 18:26:29 BDT
J. Baxter says:
I don't think it matters what you read with - or how you enjoy it most - as long as you read!! I am a bit of a Chocaholic - but I rarely eat it while I am reading! I prefer to savour each individually! But - whatever works for you!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Oct 2009 12:37:41 GMT
waterfall says:
The best thing ever. Nice and cosy and if it's winter and raining, it just can't be beaten.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Oct 2009 12:39:04 GMT
waterfall says:
Ha ha ha......so true. Actually, you could end up having so many beers that you foeget the book and just go to the pub. Have you ever read in a pub?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Oct 2009 12:41:53 GMT
waterfall says:
:-( spoilsport.

Posted on 28 Oct 2009 15:51:14 GMT
How about EATING chocolate and READING a good book ABOUT chocolate? Check out "Thorntons - My Life In The Family Business". The cover alone will make you drool. I shouldn't promote this because I had a big hand in writing it, but what the heck! Chocaholics, your prayers have been answered.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2009 13:08:06 GMT
Vicky? is that you, or have you a doppelganger?! Mike

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2009 19:46:04 GMT
this is exactly my idea of heaven also! ive got wine, choc and book on the go now....just missing the bath

Posted on 1 Nov 2009 20:53:09 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Nov 2009 22:15:30 GMT
Yes I agree that reading and eating chocolate is a winning combination, and as such, I have studied further into the mechanics of just this subject and the results were quite surprising. I found that not only is the act of eating chocs whilst reading pleasurable, I also discovered to my absolute joy that the genre of your book is directly linked to certain bars of chocolate! For instance, an action packed adventure book is enhanced ten-fold by a peanut packed Snickers! It makes so much sense! Here are a few other suggestions for you to savour:
Romance = Turkish Delight, saving a last Rolo for the final chapter.
Thriller = Something segmenty to coincide with the twists and turns of the plot. Reference: Terrys Chocolate Orange/Toblerone.
Autobiography = Any of the 'duo' bars. One stick for the past and one for the present. See Twix, Twirl, Kit-Kat, Drifter and even Bounty!
Comedy = Something bonkers. eg Cream egg, Caramac, Walnut Whip.

Let me know how you get on folks. I'm off to read the paper with an After Eight.
(Which makes no sense at all, as reading the paper is a morning thing to do, and After Eights are an after dinner mint.) Mental.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2009 14:56:34 GMT
Huck Flynn says:
CR - i see amazingly you have some strange folk who think your initial post adds nothing to the discussion ??
How weird is that as we wouldn't have a discussion otherwise ??
Reading and Chocolate - distracting - i can't concentrate on a book when i'm fighting with a toblerone

Posted on 8 Nov 2009 12:02:30 GMT
M. Dowden says:
I like some choocy whilst reading a good book (you need to be alone or else someone will nick your chocolate). If I am reading a good supernatural/horror tale then I love a glass of bourbon.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Nov 2009 00:52:15 GMT
I see good reason to pleasure the imagination with books and the body with chocolate!
The right kind of chocolate makes our brains secrete endorphines, thus stimulating happiness.Dark choclate can lower blood pressure and help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. Its the compounds called "neuro active alkoloids" that may contribute to the euphoric feelings. Like good books it could leave you with an addiction.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2009 20:00:14 GMT
K. Hughes says:
now that depends on where you buy your chocolate

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2010 11:23:45 GMT
Moxy says:
Tee Hee! Mr. Toffeeman. Clever stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2010 12:57:54 GMT
J. Knott says:
Ohh Yes. Almost heaven! C
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the biography discussion forum (204 discussions)

This discussion

Participants:  37
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  1 Jul 2009
Latest post:  23 Mar 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions