Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 May 2012 18:52:28 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 3 Aug 2013 16:08:19 BDT]

Posted on 22 May 2012 21:39:38 BDT
tinka says:
does it work??

Posted on 27 May 2012 21:24:39 BDT
Cantankerous says:
Well, would you put something around your babies neck that could get caught up?

Would you give them windpipe sized beads (even if on knotted string)?

Your choice.

Posted on 28 May 2012 20:01:25 BDT
Karen says:
Someone gave me one for my son and as above, my first thought was why would i want to put something around my baby's neck? I put it near his bed, but Nelson's Teetha is what I actually used for teething!

Posted on 29 May 2012 20:48:20 BDT
It does seem to. And if your baby won't take Teetha then this is particularly desirable

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2012 11:25:29 BDT
mumof3 says:
I used a vibrating teether for my eldest three children and intend to for my fourth. My friend's using the amber necklace for her little one but it's difficult to tell if it works as teething pain is never the same strength from day to day so you can't scientifically say whether it works or not.

Posted on 11 Jun 2012 20:32:47 BDT
S. B. Cheney says:
I bought one and have used it a couple of times. As mumof3 says, it's difficult to tell. Our LO seemed good on the days he wore it.
Amazon issued a notice saying the company had been in discussion and they've withdrawn them from sale. It's sat in his room since then as I daren't put it on him.

Posted on 12 Jun 2012 20:22:07 BDT
Isis Ptolemy says:
I believe it all comes down to personal choice and whether or not you check your child whilst sleeping etc... with regards to it getting caught.
If you do buy, then do so from a reputable company and ensure that is in fact real Amber.
Our LO wore his from the age of 6 months until just shy of his 2nd birthday, as he has all his teeth now. He wore it always and now and then I would bath it in rock salt to cleanse and put it straight back on him. He never noticed it on himself. Whether it helped or not I cannot give a 100% yes, as there were days where he would need a little extra like Nelson's Teething Granules. But I can say that I never gave him Calpol, Bonjela or anything like that throughout his teething and overall we barely noticed when he was teething because he seemed to just sail through. All kids are different and I guess you could say it was the beads or we were just plain lucky. Which ever you choose, you must be comfortable with it and ensure the safety of your child at ALL times, whether they wear beads or not. Another option is to put the beads around the ankle whilst they sleep or even during their grizzly days and make sure you get the beads that are rounded off and NOT jagged. How uncomfortable would they be anyway!
Goodluck:)

Posted on 7 Jul 2012 16:18:49 BDT
Shain says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 11 Jul 2012 14:39:42 BDT
Toasty says:
These necklaces (if you buy one designed intended for babies and properly made) are designed to a) break when force is applied and b) each bead is knotted individually so that if it does break the beads don't all come loose.

My daughter wore one from about 5 or 6 months old, and at 19 months is still wearing it. She has grown all her teeth without any painkillers or other remedies, and apparently without pain. I was skeptical about whether it would work or not and perhaps she would have gotten all her teeth without problems regardless - who knows!

If you have safety concerns it is usually suggested that you put the necklace on babies ankle at night or what asleep (put a sock on top so it stays on).

Posted on 24 Feb 2013 12:46:12 GMT
Yes, they work! I was sceptical but tried with and without and there was a significant difference. As did all the mums in my NCT group and same for them. They're not expensive and as one person here says should have the magnetic clasp (comes off if pulled) and knotted beads. Babies don't seem to notice them.

Posted on 27 Feb 2013 20:24:24 GMT
Tracey Kidd says:
If you're worried about getting a necklace then get an anklet, then you can get them to wear it under a sock. Job done! My little one has been wearing for a couple of days and I would say there is a marked reduction in the amount of drool he produces! It's worth a go for the sake of 6 I would say...

Posted on 9 Apr 2013 11:41:48 BDT
R. Emery says:
Choose a good teether instead. BPA Free Corn Baby Teether - Hand

Posted on 10 Apr 2013 16:12:01 BDT
There's no scientific evidence of any benefit at all. And as some other posters have said, are a serious hazard.

Posted on 14 Apr 2013 10:35:31 BDT
S. Cullen says:
I'd definitely recommend them! My 2 year old has been wearing his since 11 weeks old. He was drooling badly at the time, and within 24 hours of wearing the amber necklace the drooling stopped. We never had any problems with teething after that... He has all teeth now with the exception of a couple of back molars. I know some might query safety but they are worn under clothes and when in from a young age, the child grows up oblivious to them. Obviously do not leave on neck at night! You can either buy a small anklet to wear under sleep suit or I simply wrap the necklace around the ankle under his sleep suit. Just be sure to buy from a reputable source and I too would agree that the smooth beads better option.

Posted on 15 Apr 2013 10:06:27 BDT
Mum to D says:
There are lots of products out there but have you heard of the Neckerchew? Its a dribble bib with an attached teether so the baby can chew on the end to help their teething but when they drop it, it stays attached. They are really absorbent too so catches all the dribble and keeps your baby dry. I put teething gel on the chewy bit and then my son bites on exactly the bit that is bothering him which makes it so much easier to get it to the right place rather than running all over your finger!

Posted on 16 Apr 2013 11:06:57 BDT
M. Rogers says:
These aren't for chewing on, my son's had his on for 15 months, I bought it when he was 6 months old and had about 2 teeth, each one was a week of sleepless nights. This has not happened since and he has almost a mouthful of teeth. i can't say if it works, or if he just stopped teething badly, but i wasn't willing to take it off to find out. I never left it around his neck while he was sleeping, i put it around his ankle a few times and as he was in sleepsuits it never came off, but it stays on him all the time now, he's nearly 2 and doesn't even realise it's there. I wouldnt feel comfortable giving one to someone as a present as i feel it's choice, But not once have i thought it would be a danger to him. if he was the type of baby to pull at it, it would have been off right away. the trick is to put it on them young, that way, it's not something they notice.

Posted on 13 Oct 2013 14:33:52 BDT
Its spose to go near skin, so an anklet or bracelet would be good If you dont like the idea of a necklace, this is why I put it off bt im gna get my lil boy one now as nothin is working for him at all, apart from biting me and its drivin me mad so ima get him one, my friends all use one and just take it off at night, if they cosleepthey keep it on as thy can see baby is safe :) its your choice, dont put ppl down that choose this method if you dont like it why are you even looking!

Posted on 13 Oct 2013 14:35:57 BDT
Its spose to go near skin, so an anklet or bracelet would be good If you dont like the idea of a necklace, this is why I put it off bt im gna get my lil boy one now as nothin is working for him at all, apart from biting me and its drivin me mad so ima get him one, my friends all use one and just take it off at night, if they cosleepthey keep it on as thy can see baby is safe :) its your choice, dont put ppl down that choose this method if you dont like it why are you even looking!

Posted on 18 Nov 2013 00:51:03 GMT
J. Annells says:
Can anyone recommend a reputable place to buy these necklaces/anklets?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2013 02:07:22 GMT
Did you know Amazon are selling books that advocate actual child abuse? Please follow link on blog to petitions and SHARE SHARE SHARE IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY. We are getting somewhere - three retailers have already withdrawn it from sale. Many thanks guys. http://mentallyjaded.wordpress.com/c.../to-train-up-a-child/

Posted on 19 Dec 2013 23:28:14 GMT
L Davies says:
My son has worn an amber teething necklace since he was 8 weeks old. He is now 18 months old and has cut All teeth so far with absolutely no fuss at all. (he has all teeth except the back molars)

The safety of the necklaces is completely down to the parents. If you teach your child not to, then they won't put it in their mouth.

Posted on 24 Dec 2013 12:17:40 GMT
cat says:
My son had awful teething pain and teething gels and powders wouldn't touch it so we tried the amber and it worked wonders within 24 hours, the only reason we knew he was teething with subsequent teeth was his rosy cheeks and dribble. I have used the beads for me for morning sickness with pregnancy 2 and again seem to have the settling effect. I have found them to work but every mum must do what they feel is right for their child.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Feb 2014 10:59:02 GMT
P. Howell says:
Yes they do work, I think people are getting confused on here as to what to do with it. Children are not meant to play with them as toys or eat them or chew on them. The cheap ones don't have knots between each bead which if snapped could send beads over the floor. If you purchase a good quality one then they have knots between each bead to stop this from happening. Karen on here said she put it near her child's bed which will do absolutely nothing, the amber only works when in contact with the child's skin and receiving body heat. To keep the science behind it simple, amber is fossilised tree sap which is a trees way of protecting and healing itself and contains many natural chemicals that do this well, when in contact with your babies skin the heat releases these from the amber through the skin and into your babies bloodstream which is perfectly safe and herbal if you will. I personally wouldn't put a necklace on my child but a sensible idea is to wrap it twice around their ankle and put a babygrow/bodysuit over the top making it very hard for the child to get at it, plus its only to be used during adult supervision and never at night. These are well worth buying and using if you know how it works and what to do with it. Hope this helps everyone.

Posted on 25 Feb 2014 10:32:07 GMT
Agree works well, almost instantly, will not stop teething but does dramatically reduce slobber and urgency in the child, has a good calming effect, we bought an anklet, used a measuring tape with 1 finger gap as guide for length, goes over either foot and under baby grow, onyl thing to check for is that it doesn't manage to slip under heel and therefore leave child stepping on it if held upright (using on 3 month old) we used an unpolished one as this is suppose to be better than polished, also leave on overnight, once he can hold onto feet probably not leave on over night, but for now have video monitors and am happy he is safe
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the baby discussion forum (52 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  baby discussion forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  10 May 2012
Latest post:  23 Mar 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions