Customer Discussions > action discussion forum

What did you watch last night?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Nov 2011 01:41:26 GMT
Blastronaut says:
Reckon this forum could do with a place for folk to talk about stuff they watched last night, or earlier, or even as they type!
Don't just have to be films mind, maybe you watched the latest episode of CSI New Vegas Miami, or maybe you watched The Big Bang, or maybe you even watched Eastenders or another soap, or maybe you watched.............. well, ya get the gist!

A single thread to air your views on films, on TV dramas, docu's, sitcoms, and even soaps!
Just tell us what you watched, and whether you rated it or not. Even do a mini-review if ya like.

Posted on 28 Nov 2011 09:00:45 GMT
RAB says:
Caught up with Saturday's Boardwalk Empire last night, it contunues to be an absolutely superb series.

Posted on 28 Nov 2011 09:38:50 GMT
Hang Ten says:
Croc Dundee 2 on Film four, Horrible pointless sequel, But nowhere near as bad as Croc Dundee 3, which could quite be one of the worst ever films.

Posted on 28 Nov 2011 11:36:59 GMT
Wayne says:
Not exactly last night but watched stakeland on blu ray Saturday night.

Cracking little film. I read the blurb on the back of the box whilst shopping in sainsburys and thought "oh Jesus, not another straight to video vampire flick, like we need more of those".

Having my trusty iPhone handy I pulled up my IMD app and noticed it got a reasonable rating and some decent comments. I picked it up and enjoyed it very much.

It's pretty low budget but the film makers have worked wonders with what little money they had. The special effects are pretty good. The film is a bit like the walking dead only instead of zombies you have these kinda feral vampires. They come across like zombies but move quicker and drink blood.

Very cool film. A cross between the walking dead and I am legend.

Posted on 28 Nov 2011 13:22:55 GMT
Blastronaut says:
Thanks for the input, folks. For my sins, I watched Mega Snake on the Horror Channel.
CGI snake which grows with each appearance, starts off preying on pets and the likes, but it's not long before the 30ft beastie's running, well, slithering amok, dining on nondescript actors and extras.
And to think, I missed MOTD 2 to watch this. : (

Posted on 28 Nov 2011 13:43:07 GMT
Hang Ten says:
The Mega movies rock, Mega Piranha being the standout for me so far. Itīs almost as though a group of B-Movie lovers have banded together with the sole purpose of making thoroughly enjoyable bad movies. Sme of the errors, Iīm sure are done intentionally. Donīt miss Snakes on a Train on Syfy tonight. Equally absurd.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2011 13:50:01 GMT
Blastronaut says:
Snakes On A Train? Lol, I'll keep an eye out for that one!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2011 19:21:23 GMT
I saw that the day after watching Snakes on a plane in the Cinema!!
Straight to dvd special, that should tell you everything really. ;)

I watched The Castle last night, which is an Australian comedy that no-one else I know likes/understands.

Posted on 28 Nov 2011 21:06:51 GMT
I watched Machete and The Resident, i had movie night .. both films where ok, Machete was daft Robert Rodriguez action and The Resident was entertaining but loses points for the unforgivable under-use of the brilliant Christopher Lee

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2011 22:06:10 GMT
LEP says:
Country File, Strictly Come Dancing results, Antiques Roadshow followed by Garrow's Law. In between cooking and serving Sunday dinner.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2011 23:27:35 GMT
Spin says:
What did I watch last night? Because of the current state of TV and film-making I watched the clock...

Posted on 29 Nov 2011 17:29:00 GMT
Blastronaut says:
Afraid I missed Snakes On A Train (much to my Daughter's dismay!) reckon it was on Sky, which we kicked into touch a while ago.
What I did watch was the remake of Assault On Precinct 13. Can't remember what channel - Film 4 possibly?
Not a big fan of remakes so never watched it before now, but wasn't as bad as I expected.
Nowhere near the tension of Carpenter's cult classic, and enough holes to fill a couple of pages of the 'Bad mistakes in a movie' thread, but still a fun shoot em up. Enough going on to hold my interest through to the (albeit predictable) end.
Do like to see John Leguizamo giving it large from time to time too. Always takes a good part, for my money.

Posted on 30 Nov 2011 11:55:53 GMT
Onyx says:
I'm really into the Carribean series, Death in Paradise on BBC1 at 21h00 last night.

I wanted to see The Impressions/Impressionist Show on BBC Mondays. But it was not on the TV guide, so I missed it. Does anyone know if it did infact play or is it on next week? Cause I did catch it a week or so ago. Now looking forward to it.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Nov 2011 13:02:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Nov 2011 13:04:19 GMT
LEP says:
Yes, I watch Death in Paradise every Tuesday too.

Posted on 30 Nov 2011 13:22:23 GMT
Flash Gordon followed by Inception.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Nov 2011 13:30:04 GMT
its was actually "Flesh Gordon" wasnt it Andy ?? truth now !

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Nov 2011 13:34:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Nov 2011 13:35:44 GMT
Not on ITV4 at 7 o'clock mate.

Posted on 30 Nov 2011 16:29:12 GMT
Trigger says:
I watched most of Flash Gordon too... such a brilliant film. "Flash I love you but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth!"

I also tried watching Max Payne but it was too silly and I lost interest once Olga Kurylenko was no longer in it.

Posted on 30 Nov 2011 16:56:07 GMT
I watched 'The Thing' (prequel) I thought that it was actually pretty good. Although (spoiler warning) it contradicted the start of the original film which starts with the Norweigan's in a helicopter trying to shoot the alsatian.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Nov 2011 17:19:13 GMT
Blastronaut says:
Was kinda worried the prequel would sorta make a mockery of the original, a bit like AVP's 1 & 2 tarnished my beloved Alien films. That not the case then? It really worth a peep?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2011 20:51:02 GMT
Surprisingly no - well worth a watch...

Posted on 1 Dec 2011 20:53:15 GMT
Last night - Firefly on Blu-ray!! Great series, even better on blu-ray. ;)

Posted on 3 Dec 2011 16:58:47 GMT
Blastronaut says:
Watched Scooby Doo (The Movie) with younger members of Clan B last night.

When any of the kids wanna watch Scooby, it's fine by me. Quite like watching Buffy jumping around, decked out as Daphne! : )

Posted on 4 Dec 2011 18:42:40 GMT
Spin says:
What did I watch last night? Nothing. Or to be more precise; Crap.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Dec 2011 18:57:11 GMT
Blastronaut says:
Any crap in particular, Spin?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 257 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  action discussion forum
Participants:  237
Total posts:  6403
Initial post:  28 Nov 2011
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions