Customer Discussions > action discussion forum

tombstone or wyatt earp

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 May 2012 21:30:27 BDT
Which is your favourite and why?

Posted on 2 May 2012 22:35:19 BDT
West25 says:
Tombstone all the way. Kurt Russell is fantastic as Earp, Val Kilmer gives a performance that should have won best supporting actor at the oscars, Kilmer and Michael Biehn have some outstanding face-offs, Sam Elliot and Bill Paxton are excellent as Wyatt's brothers, Dana Dalany looks gorgeous, Powers Boothe, Charlton Heston, Billy Bob Thornton, Stephen Lang, Jason Priestley, Billy Zane and Thomas Haden Church round out a brilliant cast. The dialogue is superb and endlessly quotable, I also consider it to be the best western ever made. Wyatt Earp was pretty decent, I just thought Tombstone was better in every department.

Posted on 2 May 2012 23:24:22 BDT
Kurt Russell > Kevin Kostner in every way, that's why Tombstone is better for me.
Dennis Quaid is the saving grace in Wyatt Earp, I can't decide who's Doc Holliday was better.
They were both superb in their own right!
I thought Tombstone was just more entertaining and had great acting all round.

Posted on 3 May 2012 08:35:26 BDT
Garscadden says:
Tombstone - Val Kilmer in that film is just a god amongst men. And Kurt Russel is pretty fantastic too.

(If you are interested in Doc Holliday then the book Doc is a worthwhile read - a semi-fictionalised account of DH's life before Tombstone. I think she sticks to the broad facts, but take license with the details. A damn fine read)

Posted on 4 May 2012 02:48:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 May 2012 02:49:55 BDT
"Tombstone" would be my "huckleberry". Val Kilmer is a downright "daisy" as "Doc Holliday".

"Say when...

Simon J. Binks.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  action discussion forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  2 May 2012
Latest post:  4 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions