Shop now Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Voyage Shop Now Shop now
Customer Discussions > action discussion forum

What did you watch last night?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2012 18:34:54 GMT
Post Soviet says:
Blastro, I really enjoyed Warrior, as I said, it's good movie, not GREAT, there is more drama, even too over emotional for me, but fight scenes made credible and tastefully, without unnescessary sadism and blood. My rate 4/5. Definitely goin' watch again some time later.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2012 18:58:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jan 2012 19:00:15 GMT
Blastronaut says:
Reckon I'll give that one a go, Sovs. As you say, it does look like it overplays the sentiment card a tad (could see that from the trailer) but so do the Rocky films, and I've always loved them - well, not Rocky 5, that was bloody terrible!
In fact I'll leave now, before I get into a full blown rant about Rocky 5 and what it did for my beloved Rocky series! Grrrrrrrrr!! : (

Posted on 8 Jan 2012 00:53:37 GMT
Rocky Balboa (6) was pretty good tho

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2012 08:15:33 GMT
I hope your not expecting birthday cards from others that disagree with you.For the record,i'm 75 in May

Posted on 8 Jan 2012 12:39:43 GMT
G. Matthews says:
Iron Man 2 - Triple Play (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) The first was something differant to watch and was worth the time, as for iron man 2 i felt the time could have been better spent watching something else not a film i would watch again so glad it was loaned to me.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2012 18:39:54 GMT
Blastronaut says:
Yep, got no probs with number 6; just a shame it's predecessor left such a big hole for it to climb out of.
And the fact that it came 10 years too late.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2012 19:40:20 GMT
Nickelcock Turtleback, are you the same one that wears tartan trousers. I agree, Boardwalk Empire, brilliant, can't wait for the next series.

Posted on 9 Jan 2012 07:42:23 GMT
I watched Cowboys and Aliens - though not having any hope at all for it, it turned out to be a pretty decent film imo. Good film to kill a couple hours with without too much thought or plot following.

Posted on 9 Jan 2012 11:04:59 GMT
Thats good to hear I quite fancied Cowboys and Aliens !!

I watched Hereafter, Clint Eastwood film staring Matt Damon. Not bad, not what I expected, very slow pace, but i quite liked it.

Posted on 9 Jan 2012 11:55:37 GMT
What is that actually about - I saw the trailers when it was released but couldn't gather what the plot was.

And probably not something to admit, but my viewing this evening will be Final Destination 5 (you just know it's gonna be bad when you've never heard of any of the actors and it's straight to DVD lol)

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2012 12:04:18 GMT
Dolly Parton wrote the song and her version is streets ahead of Witney's even though I loved WH at her height in the 80's before the drugs took hold:)

Posted on 9 Jan 2012 12:14:49 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Jan 2012 12:16:45 GMT
Lector says:
Well I watched 'The Kennedy Detail' again on the DISCOVERY channel. It told the story of J.F.K's personal bodyguard security people, and what they experienced on 22nd November 1963 and since. I thought it was a very interesting programme. I also watched 'Secret History: Sex and the Swastika'. Again another good little documentary. This one was primarily concerned with Hitler's intimate, and sometimes scandalous, relations with some of the females in his life. Unsurprisingly, he treated them all pretty badly. I had seen a similar very good documentary on this subject a year or so ago, but this was a good one too.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2012 12:16:37 GMT
RAB says:
I thought it was good too, good mix of taking itself seriously and not, felt they could have done a bit more with Olivia Wilde though...

Posted on 9 Jan 2012 13:38:52 GMT
Cactus Dave says:
GOZU!

Posted on 9 Jan 2012 19:01:47 GMT
Spin says:
I watched the world descending into chaos courtesy of the news channels.

Posted on 9 Jan 2012 19:43:43 GMT
Post Soviet says:
I Have Found It [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
after at last finishing Human Centipede 2 I needed something positive feeling, and what can beat romantic Indian movie, 2,5 hour of colourful dance choreography & singing with magnificient Aishwarya Rai. Not Bollywood this time, East Coast, Chennai, not tghat it makes much difference.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jan 2012 20:05:34 GMT
RAB says:
Not seen that one Spin, was it any good?

Posted on 10 Jan 2012 19:41:53 GMT
Blastronaut says:
Watched a couple of duds over the weekend...

Transformers 3 - fantastic looking, are them there Transformer films, and I even enjoyed the first one. Very easy to tire of this stuff mind, and this one didn't do a great deal for me. Ok for the young uns.

Arachnid - might qualify as one of those 'so bad it's good' films. Plenty of unintended humour. Might be fun to watch with other folk after a few tinnies.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jan 2012 20:47:42 GMT
Spin says:
Nicle: No. avoid it. It is predictable. lacks plot or sense, the acting is atrocious and the direction leaves a lot to be desired. =)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jan 2012 09:01:18 GMT
Last nights offer from SKY Showcase, John Carpenters The Ward !! .. not very thrilling, I turned off after an hour and went bed, I may watch the rest later .

Posted on 11 Jan 2012 09:18:19 GMT
Post Soviet says:
Bollywood, feel sentimental lately, Pardes - DVD.
Three hours about....love of course with plenty of dancing & singing. It's ok, unless start analysing or in a peevishly-snobbish mood.

Posted on 12 Jan 2012 14:10:57 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jan 2012 14:34:11 GMT
Lector says:
Well I watched another fascinating documentary on t.v. last night. This one was on the National Geographic channel; 'Hitler's G.I. Death Camp'. I like to think I know a fair bit about WWII and to a certain extent the Holocaust too but this was a subject within the context of the war that I was really quite ignorant of. Ok, so essentially, the programme was about U.S. prisoners of war being treated as slave labour at a concentration camp called Berga in Germany during WWII. Jewish servicemen were selected and removed from some groups of captured American POW's. This was mainly on account of their religion being recorded on their 'dog' tags. However, those who tore off their dog tags were not guaranteed escape from removal from the other American POW's. This was because the Nazis used their warped, racial physical appearance identification method criteria to i.d. them. However, anyone who even 'looked' Jewish, in the eyes of the nazi military of course, but were not, irrespective of what they said, or of what was on their 'dog' tags, was also separated out too. This included a man called Tony, who was an army medic. He was actually of an American Indian race, but the Nazis thought he looked Jewish to them. Anyway, they all suffered the most appalling, inhumane treatment as slave labourers, often working in extremely dangerous mine shafts all day long with no food or water. Severe beatings were extremely common too and for the slightest false pretext. It was incredible that any managed to survive their ordeal. Some were indeed mercilessly shot out of hand for the slightest misdemeanor, again in the eyes of the Nazis, but also simply for succuming to their miserable trials. I was very extremely moved by the whole programme and especially the survivors stories as recounted by them in interview to camera. By the way, the amazing American Indian man, Tony, survived.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jan 2012 15:14:09 GMT
LEP says:
My son's home at the moment, so he dictates TV. Which usually means DAVE, repeats of Top Gear (groan), repeats of Scrubs and repeats of Big Bang. I'd never watched the latter before and now being forced to watch it, I have to admit that it's funny. Watch 3 episodes last night. Seems to be c..p on TV at the moment with the exception of Earthflight, which will watch tonight.

Posted on 12 Jan 2012 15:18:10 GMT
Big bang is surprisingly funny isn't it, for American comedy anyway, sheldon is brilliant and penny is gorgeous

Posted on 12 Jan 2012 16:04:48 GMT
Blastronaut says:
LEP / Bauer - in agreement re Big Bang. Either of you see the episode with Sheldon as Flash - tearing his way to the Grand Canyon? Absolute scream!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  action discussion forum
Participants:  250
Total posts:  7462
Initial post:  28 Nov 2011
Latest post:  6 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions