Customer Discussions > action discussion forum

What did you watch last night?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1076-1100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 4 Jun 2012 11:06:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jun 2012 11:12:37 BDT
District 9 and I would give it 4*, really liked it despite the south african accents (really can't get away with them, thats the accents of course, not the people!)

Posted on 4 Jun 2012 12:09:07 BDT
T says:
Bridge On The River Kwai. Why does Yesterday think history can be told exclusively with WW2 documentaries, WW2 movies and repeats of The Antiques Roadshow...?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2012 12:10:49 BDT
T says:
Well, if youer a Sith Ifrican spikking with a Sith Ifrican iccent is a bit hard to avoid!

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2012 13:50:08 BDT
**CRINGE**
Eastern european accents would have been fine, chineese, even US, just not south african, I understand the point of it being based in SA, but i'm sure they could have managed to pop it somewhere else, like Mexico.

Posted on 5 Jun 2012 12:35:01 BDT
P. vaquinhas says:
sanctum 3D, I love caving.

Posted on 9 Jun 2012 19:21:24 BDT
Blastronaut says:
Denmark 1 - 0 Netherlands

Who'da thought it?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jun 2012 22:40:59 BDT
T says:
Mexico? So in Spanish and, instead of watching the movie, we'd then have been staring at the bottom of the screen reading the subtitles for the whole movie and not just the alien bits. Subtitles were fine before the advent of large screen TVs but now you spend all your time looking at the text in the black strip at the bottom and not at the picture above.

Posted on 10 Jun 2012 01:45:11 BDT
Bourne1886 says:
Senna.
Great doc.

Posted on 10 Jun 2012 17:57:36 BDT
You really can't read the subtitles and watch the movie at the same time ...??
Can't tell if trolling or serious ...

I watched Takers - not a bad film, good to kill a couple hours to. Lead cop guy was an arse and I spent the movie hoping he'd die. Also one of the crims (Jake) comes under that heading of arseage also. Good ending though. Good explosions. Good gun battles. Good good good hahah

And now I'm watching The Lost Room - had it for aaaages, bout time I got round to watching it - fingers crossed it's a goodun =D

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2012 20:27:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jul 2012 11:49:24 BDT
T says:
Not when it's on a big-ass TV that defaults the subtitle position to the bottom of screen, especially when it's showing something in letterbox format. Of course, if my lounge was big enough to sit 10m back from the screen it wouldn't be such a problem. In any case, even on a smaller screen they're still an irritating distraction.

Posted on 26 Jul 2012 08:45:13 BDT
*bump*

Finished watching American Gothic. The episodes haven't been put on the DVDs in the correct order which meant much confusion at first as to wtf was happening, followed by getting up and swapping after every other episode.
Despite that the series itself was pretty decent; however, I can not stand Merlyn Temple, F off and stay in the afterlife, and the ending was ridiculously weak - but then it was cancelled, so whether or not that is the ending they imagined creating it was naff anyway.

Posted on 26 Jul 2012 17:39:33 BDT
Blastronaut says:
Thanks for giving the thread a kick up the derriere, Kodo.

Last night I watched only for the second time - Machete.
Absolutely ridiculous, but sooo much fun. Old Danny boy's looking a tad worn these days - you could hide yer stash in some of those lines/trenches on his face - but he can still swing through a window, SAS style, holding nowt but some poor sod's intestines!
All the silliness to one side for a moment tho, ya gotta respect the dude; a proper hardcase and no mistake.
I'd love to see Danny and Steven Seagal have it out for real tho y'know - Stevie boy's many, many martial arts and skills against Danny boy's, er... hardness!

Posted on 27 Jul 2012 13:11:16 BDT
Lazisom says:
I loved Machete ever since I saw the fake trailer on Planet Terror and obviously enough people felt the same for Rodriguez to make the film. Shame it never really took off considering its got some huge names in it, I went to see it at the cinema on release day and there was only about 6 people in the cinema, though I think it classed with a Harry Potter films release so it was pretty overlooked.

Hasnt stopped him making a sequel tho and another sequel to that Machete Kills Again... In Space!

Looks like they plan to keep up the rediculous pointless fun for a while longer

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jul 2012 16:33:48 BDT
Blastronaut says:
Lol, didn't know about the third one - Machete Kills Again... In Space - brilliant!!!
Reckon I read somewhere that Gaga's gonna be in the second one. Sounds about right to me, she'll fit right in!

Posted on 27 Jul 2012 16:51:49 BDT
Lazisom says:
While looking up Machete I also discovered a new Sin City is coming out next year. Might have to watch the first again this weekend since it seems to have been ages since I last watched it.

Posted on 27 Jul 2012 18:23:39 BDT
=O NEW SIN CITY !!!

But then, I might be incredibly disappointed like when 'they' said The Spirit was like Sin City - it was nowhere near as good, and a damn sight weirder. I love Sin City, I can't stand The Spirit. Might have to watch both again to re-affirm those opinions ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jul 2012 01:58:12 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 28 Jul 2012 11:34:44 BDT]

Posted on 28 Jul 2012 14:15:20 BDT
Blastronaut says:
Aghhhh, hate it when a post goes to me and is then scratched! Who wazzit? Whaddit say??

Posted on 28 Jul 2012 19:17:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jul 2012 19:18:26 BDT
Watched Fury last night ...

Samuel L Jackson is a criminal who's just been released from jail after 25 years
Son of the man he killed gets in touch & wants to do a job
He says no
He meets a skank
He says no for about 30 mins more of the film
Skank tries again
Cue alcohol fuelled 'my life's more tragic' contest
He and skank *ahem* hook up
Followed swiftly by relationship of the dysfunctional pair
Happiness ruined by ... THE TWIST (I'm not that cruel to spoiler)

The movie drones on for an hour along the previous lines without much of what I was expecting from a 'gangster' movie i.e. guns & crime, before we finally reach the exceedingly dull, ridiculous and ... happy ending.

I was so disappointed, I wish I'd stopped watching 5 mins before it finished - it would have been a more realistic ending (she says with zero experience of gangsters lol). I guess the point was 'retribution' or some such deep and thoughtful meaning, instead of just death.

And we all know the American market doesn't like an unhappy ending ;)

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 11:11:22 BDT
Cartimand says:
Watched The Woman in Black [Blu-ray] with my lady. A fairly traditional (i.e. unoriginal) ghost story with a couple of mild shocks. Looks good on Blu-ray though.

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 11:38:14 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jul 2012 11:44:51 BDT
Last night I watched one of the most under-rated films of all time in my opinion: Twin Peaks - Fire Walk with Me. David Lynch is a f-ing genius. I must have seen it a hundred times and each time I see something new and unsettling in it. It's such a terrifying and yet heart-wrenching film. In 1992 Emma Thompson won an Oscar for her role in Howards End, nominated were actresses for films such as Passion Fish, Love Field and Lorenzo's Oil. It's a crime that Sheryl Lee was never nominated, her role in Fire walk with me is amazingly sublime and should have catapulted her career into the stratosphere.

Laura: "Faster and faster... until after a while you wouldn't feel anything... and then your body would just burst into fire. And the angel's wouldn't help you, 'cause they've all gone away... "

I think in time people will view this film as a classic.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2012 11:46:40 BDT
Mr D.K Lind says:
It is a classic. I definitely like that film more every time I watch it. I just wished David Lynch could hurry up and make another film.

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 11:51:48 BDT
T says:
Last night...? The Line and Extremely Dangerous.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2012 11:55:34 BDT
I agree but if you haven't already check out his LP "Crazy Clown Time". "These are my Friends" is a great tune IMHO.

Posted on 29 Jul 2012 13:57:33 BDT
Dogmatix says:
Last night I watched the Team GB Ladies footie team in action against Cameroon, the GB girls played well in patches, in fact I have to admit that I was surprised by the quality of some of the players, the second half was not as good as the first but the main thing was that the GB girls won 3-0 and will face tournament favourites Brazil next.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the action discussion forum (423 discussions)

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Discussion in:  action discussion forum
Participants:  237
Total posts:  6394
Initial post:  28 Nov 2011
Latest post:  10 minutes ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions