Customer Discussions > action discussion forum

What did you watch last night?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on 23 Dec 2011 04:00:23 GMT
mister joe says:
I watched Babestation last night.Theres Babestation,Babestation2,Elite Nights and Partyblue.I didn't call as i had no credit.
Some of the girls looked really bored and were talking to the cameramen.Television X show a free 8 minute slot.I didn't watch the rest as i had no money on the credit card.
ITV showed Kojak at around 3am.I never saw Telly Salvador with a lollipop though he has a captivating bald head,a really leathery cranium.By about 5 it was really cold and i ended up watching BBC2 Ceefax.

Posted on 23 Dec 2011 08:07:27 GMT
Post Soviet says:
Of Mice And Men [DVD] [1992], 3£ for really nice movie, good actors, so on. Got inspiration to find the name of the movie after mentioning it in the latest Stephen King novel(which was schmaltzy sh*te again IMO, 2/5).

Maybe will read something by Steinbeck some day?

Blastro, loved 'Pan's Labirynth'.

Posted on 26 Dec 2011 17:48:24 GMT
Perrier's Bounty [DVD] Good Irish black comedy, had it's moments and reminded me of In bruges. :)

Posted on 26 Dec 2011 19:13:08 GMT
mister joe says:
I watched AB FAB,pretty enjoyable.Then went on the net to peruse Keez movies.Good site,i recommend that you should all check it out.Very informative.

Posted on 27 Dec 2011 00:55:22 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Dec 2011 00:57:30 GMT
Spin says:
Xmas TV was so rubbish, I hit the net and spent xmas with an over-eighteen teeny, shaved, daddy-fixated sex-nymph, whose mother walked in on us and joined in our quite pleasurable massage. (Edit: And I am still f***ing frustrated...) =)

Posted on 27 Dec 2011 08:36:09 GMT
Monday night i watched DIRTY DANCING,an excellent,relaxing film,ideal for watching when relaxing after the Christmas festivities.

It would be interesting to know which channel was the most popular,say from Christmas Eve to Boxing day.My own viewing was - Christmas Eve - Nothing worth watching,
Christmas Day BBC 1..1 Channel Five.. 1, ITV.. 1,
Boxing Day Channel Five 1 , BBC2.. .1 ITV... 1 BBC1...1
It will be interesting to see what New Years Eve & New Years Day have to offer

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2011 13:44:01 GMT
I agree with you regarding a seperate site to discuss what we watched last night and discuss what we thought about it.
I actually watched Dirty Dancing,which is one of my favourites,two nights before i watched the opera Tosca.I rated them both 10 out of 10
HAPPY NEW YEAR

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2011 20:47:17 GMT
"Monday night i watched DIRTY DANCING,an excellent,relaxing film,ideal for watching"

I do hope that's sarcasm Mr Scott-Bruce.
Dirty Dancing should be confined to the same bin as Twilight.

Posted on 27 Dec 2011 20:53:15 GMT
Dirty dancing is fine if ur all 15-50 year old girl/woman otherwise it's prettu damn far from mr Swayze (god rest his soul) finest work, for that see Roadhouse

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2011 21:04:37 GMT
In reply to your comment re "Sarcasm",I consider that comment to be very rude and uncalled for.We all enjoy different films and i feel it is offensive to make such remarks.I will admit that i omitted the penultimate word "Christmas".As a point of interest,what did you watch over the holiday period?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2011 21:11:33 GMT
I don't agree with your discrimination of age and sex with regard to Dirty Dancing.Some films can be special for any number of reasons,even for males who saw it when it was first released and it brings back memories,some happy,others sad.I share you other two points.

Posted on 27 Dec 2011 21:27:18 GMT
Raodhouse?!!?!! Memorable as that film is, Swayze's best work has to have been Point Break and a t.v series called The Beast.

Posted on 28 Dec 2011 01:38:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Dec 2011 17:46:34 GMT
Blastronaut says:
Hard pushed to pick between Roadhouse and Point Break for old Pat's finest flick, but it surely must be one of them,
Used to be quite partial to Ghost too.

The missus still likes to watch Dirty Dancing, but she falls into Bauer's age/sex category.

Full marks to Mr Scott-bruce tho, for having the cajones to admit he likes Dirty Dancing. Brave dude!! : )

Posted on 28 Dec 2011 01:54:45 GMT
bulls_lad says:
New Zealand vs Australia RWC semi 2011 ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2011 08:06:30 GMT
I totally disagree with "Spin",I thought the Christmas TV was quite good this year.It meant searching around the various channels and planning the programs you were going to watch.I have not yet checked what will be shown over the New Year period

Posted on 28 Dec 2011 10:07:37 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Dec 2011 10:10:24 GMT
My word I did not mean to offend I could go into rant about how awful dirty dancing is the bad script (no body puts baby in the corner) the awful acting, annoying characters but I thought I would keep it light. it's a film made for one purpose for ladies at the time to swoon over mr Swayze. And for that it does it's job admirably.

Infact I realise I have fell for your clever post , u don't really like it do you ? No one would get that upset about a negative comment said against Dirty Dancing : ) good one u got me :)

If u do like it ronald then I apologise .... In fact no I just don't believe u just say you do to pull the ladies don't u little minx !

Point Break ? Yeah I nearly put that but Keaun "the plank" Reaves drags it down

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2011 13:41:13 GMT
Hi - I think that one gets to like a particular film if it brings back happy memories or is significant to the individual.Ones age has a lot to do with how one reacts to films.MY all time favourite is CASABLANCA.
Just for the record,I am retired and am in my middle 70's,which I imagine is much older than yourself,and yes I do really like the film,probably because i'm a writer and historian and a different generation than yourself.Best wishes and a Happy New Year....Morse

Posted on 28 Dec 2011 13:56:55 GMT
Handybird says:
I watched the new version of 'Great Expectations' last night and will probably watch the subsequent hours of it too but to be honest, I didn't enjoy it as much as the old black & white, David Lean's version with John Mills. Sad old wife that I am!

Posted on 28 Dec 2011 16:10:22 GMT
Simon F. says:
I watched Grindhouse. All 3 hours of it thanx to getting the Japanese 6 disc DVD set for Christmas. Yeaaahhhhh!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2011 18:56:14 GMT
Ronald I apologise, I'm glad you enjoy the film and i understand ur reasond and it's not my place to comment on ur enjoyment of the film.

I'm 32 well 33 tomorrow and for me Dirtu Dancing was a film my mother made sat thru why wailing to "time of my life" and then during my teens it was the film if choice of various girls for me to watch whilst trying to .... Well u know. so I link it with numerous slaps and rejection and maintain it was all Swayzes fault RIP.

I suppose it's not worst rom com in the world (if it is a Rom com) but its not for me. Now Ghost I quite enjoyed that

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2011 19:22:16 GMT
Gaz, Keanu does but a dampener on Point Break but it's well recovered thanks to Gary Busey!!!
I love that guy, if only Michael Ironside was in it too. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2011 22:13:56 GMT
Sorry to offend you, just it was a film that never struck me as a man's choice of excellent film. I personally hate it, evidently, but then I'm not big on any romantic/rom-com style movies - just don't do anything for me.

What have I watched .. ummm .. Watched Paprika, Ponyo, Vampire Hunter D, Steamboy, Memories and Princess Mononoke (sense the theme lol) Also watched Point Pleasant, Jericho, Haunted and some Father Ted. (and probably a lot more aside that)
Actual TV, not much watched on the telly this year, between DVDs and PS3 there hasn't been much time to lol

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2011 22:40:23 GMT
Hi - thanks for you posting.I think two factors are relevant here,
1}I 'm certain i'm much older than yourself
2)I am a writer of Love stories (as well as an historical researcher)
I would agree with you that it was not it was not the best film that Swazey made

Posted on 28 Dec 2011 23:51:36 GMT
mister joe says:
I have actually sat through.....shudder...DIRTY DANCING 2.I still get flashbacks and cold sweats now.Swayze was in Donnie Darko as well.For me Dirty Dancing is all about menopausal women,bottles of wine and high,intolerable levels of female hormones.
Good soundtrack though.In terms of market demographic it's pure genius.
It seems everyone here has remarkabley good taste.I prefer gluttonous trash,i have given up any possible pretensions of intellect.
I'm off babestation is about to start.

Posted on 29 Dec 2011 06:27:56 GMT
Spin says:
There is a difference between "watching" something on tv or cinema, and "engaging" in it. No film or TV program has been produced which engages the viewer. We can all say "I watched X or Y" but on what occassion does one actually praise and recommend a film or program to others, boring them with ones explanation of the plot, characters and cinematography? Rarely, if ever.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  action discussion forum
Participants:  248
Total posts:  7128
Initial post:  28 Nov 2011
Latest post:  11 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions