Customer Discussions > action discussion forum

Stupidiest TV Shows On Right Now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 148 posts in this discussion
Posted on 9 May 2012 11:37:00 BDT
Dexter fits along with programs like Psych and Chuck (not sure whether it's coincidence they're all one word titles?) that Joe sums up nicely as "enjoyable,pulpy compulsive viewing". Yes they're silly buts that's kind of their charm, otherwise we end up watching something called "Dexter, portrait of a serial killer". Funny you should mention Debra because my girlfriend commented on that and I laughed as she hadn't batted an eye-lid by all the blood and killing.

Posted on 9 May 2012 14:15:14 BDT
mister joe says:
Alright Tetro,consider our little jousting over by the way.I can be a highly strung bozo at times.But its good to have a little knock about isn't it?
I was in a terrible mood over the weekend,i was looking for a row with anything or anyone.
I didn't mean what i said about your reviews,i was just being nasty.Plus you are a Beastie Boys fan which automatically makes you a good person.
I still feel sad about the passing of Yauch,it must signal the end of the band.
Anyone reading who hasn't really listened to the Beasties should really invest in their albums,they are really creative and innovative,transcending any genre tag applied to them.

Posted on 9 May 2012 14:46:17 BDT
Top Gear ... can anyone enlighten me as to its appeal?

I can't get past the painfully obvious scripted 'off-the-cuff banter.'

And any program where a presenter says haitch. Anyone up for making this a sackable offence?

Posted on 9 May 2012 14:55:45 BDT
Joe, no worries I rarely take anything said on the internet personally. We all need to rage at something no matter how futile some times. As for my reviews it made me laugh. I've had a couple of short stories published and hopefully currently dealing with an agent (though I've been here before, so it'll probably fall through) after a million reject letters so being knocked because of a couple of reviews on a shopping site doesn't much faze me.

Posted on 9 May 2012 22:58:44 BDT
mister joe says:
You certainly have the correct attitude Tetro,thicker skin then me.Good luck with the writing.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2012 18:27:17 BDT
Ghostgrey51 says:
To RandalFelbrigg....Ah....not just me then (sorry for slow response to such a pertinent question.). I think it's got something to do with cars an' kar kulture and it's all alright 'cos we's lads havin' a larf (err..i think)

Posted on 27 May 2012 20:32:57 BDT
The 10 o'clock news.

Posted on 28 May 2012 19:37:17 BDT
blooming heck, is it too hard to ask to read a forum with out it people being reduced to tears or name calling? we all have our own opionion.

any way to add to this. i dont like or understand 'friends' it could be because (poor grammer) i dont have any!
i saw a programme called 'cheater' basic premis of the show: one person thinks their partner is cheating on therm (clever title!) and hire a 2 bit tv personality to snoop on them. que tears, punches and OTT ham acting.
only reality show i like is Americas/ UK's next top model and its now for the quality performance! Theres a quite a few kids TV programmes which seem to lower the IQ of the people watching it. either im an old git but im sure kids TV was better quality in my day (waves walking stick). Some shows start out great and then buckle under pressure from the networks/fans to make more. for example: Heroes, Dexter, Simpsons (this is a stupid show now). Family Guy (even the creator has said he's had enough) and Lost.

Posted on 28 May 2012 23:50:52 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 May 2012 23:52:19 BDT
mister joe says:
Cheaters rules......that presenter Joey is seriously scary in his sociopathic way of presenting,almost whispering.Truly vulgar tv,therefore truly brilliant.

Posted on 29 May 2012 00:15:02 BDT
If you're going to trawl the basest aspect of human nature you might as well do it right and Cheaters does what only the American's can do, unapologetically and with viscous intent. Shall we give them some privacy to work their problems out? Maybe have a councillor to facilitate? Nah, fook that! Cameras, lights, action.

It's the barsteward off-spring of Springer and COPS.

Anyway at least my life isn't as screwed up as that stupid couple. Now, where's my girlfriend she was supposed to be back an hour ago...

Posted on 29 May 2012 14:03:14 BDT
mister joe says:
People forget that these programmes feature people who willingly want to participate.Its car crash tv,totally base instinct stuff.

Posted on 29 May 2012 16:34:00 BDT
I agree, it's why I like the fact they don't try and hide its nature. Stuff that appeals to the same instinct and yet masquerades itself as caring and helpful in some cathartic exercise are pitifully snide imho.

Posted on 29 May 2012 23:06:42 BDT
mister joe says:
Exactly.You see these programmes whether its Gwok Kon making fat people cry under the guise of "self improvement".......i really don't understand why things such as Cheaters get savaged when the conceits are beyond explicit.Yeah its unfortunate we live in a culture where we enjoy watching these type of things but there is elements of this cruelty that are insidious in programmes that viewers passively watch with no complaint.

Posted on 30 May 2012 14:02:12 BDT
Mr D.K Lind says:
Wouldn't it just be easier to ask what show on TV _isn't_ stupid currently. Every time I see something on TV that catches my interest I go on the Internet to research some more information about it, and in almost all cases it's a show scheduled to be cancelled.

Lost and Heroes killed all satisfaction I had from watching a series on TV.

Posted on 15 Jun 2012 12:00:19 BDT
Post Soviet says:
Spartacus: Blood And Sand Season 1 [DVD] [2010] and all following seasons must be for me, as Rome was witty, beautifully shot and acted, as much these series did right opposite. Nude chipendales chasing, cutting, f***ing each other, employing loads of CGI. Ancient history, eh? After couple episodes, feeling like a perv peeping into men bath house I dropped this entermainment.

Posted on 19 Jun 2012 06:33:09 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 Jun 2012 06:37:44 BDT
T says:
Anything featuring or produced/backed/financed by Cowell, and Big Brother (whether they're on right now or not!!!).

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jun 2012 06:37:11 BDT
T says:
"Top Gear ... can anyone enlighten me as to its appeal?"

Personally I enjoy it, especially the "specials." Maybe it's because it's daft escapism from the drudge of the working week, something to switch off to and not concentrate too hard on. It's certainly more entertaining than other motoring magazine shows that take themselves far too seriously like Fifth Gear.

Given the ratings it gets it's obviously one of BBC2s more popular productions.

Posted on 19 Jun 2012 09:35:34 BDT
G. Hanks says:
Seeing as the discussion was on The Big Bang Theory a couple of pages back I'd recommend Community for anyone looking to get a comedy fix with geeky references. I'd personally rate it above TBBT which I initially didn't like but is now watchable (I think some of the humour is a bit too easy in a "point at the geek and laugh" kind of way.)

Posted on 19 Jun 2012 11:55:29 BDT
Crixus says:
Or as my friend once called it, bang goes your theory

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 00:16:25 BDT
Euro 2012 Football - Next Olypmpics/Para 2012 - I'm just going to wait now for the stuff to hit the fan! ...........

Posted on 26 Jun 2012 23:36:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Jun 2012 23:37:14 BDT
JONESY says:
The Kardashians.........What's that all about and why in the name of God are we subjected to them.?
Similarly. who,outside of Broadmoor, ( Peter Sutcliffe perhaps) would want to be Paris Hilton's BFF?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Jun 2012 04:31:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Jun 2012 04:31:56 BDT
T says:
Indeed - and which poor canine would want to be Paris Hilton's dog? Sure, the food's probably grade A but you spend half your life in her handbag or tucked in her armpit!

Posted on 27 Jun 2012 10:31:39 BDT
R. Irvine says:
How about 'Pointless' on BBC One..which actually is pointless. Also 'The One Show', didn't used to mind it when it first started but then then it got to be repetitive and now its damned irritating! Just the theme music is enough to make me switch channel.

Posted on 23 May 2013 02:03:13 BDT
'Master Chef' 'My Kitchen Rules' and all the other brain numbing loads of crap called reality TV.

Along with that let's include those b...........y awful and badly acted soaps such as 'Bold and The Beautiful' and 'Daze of Our Lives' { spelling mistake intentional }.

Posted on 2 Jun 2013 12:02:53 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jun 2013 12:04:05 BDT
Avatouir says:
Personally I think 90% of Tv is utter rubbish. Take a typical day
Jeremy Vile
Real housewives of some state I care less about
Real Housewives of somewhere else
American Idle
Jersey shore
TOWIE
Sitcom that ran out of idea 3 series ago
X craptor
Cheaters (is that actually a word?)

Personally I rarely watch the box. I'd rather spend time on my PS3 playing Uncharted for the 3rd time than most of whats on TV
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the action discussion forum (444 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  action discussion forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  148
Initial post:  27 Oct 2010
Latest post:  10 Jun 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions