Customer Discussions > action discussion forum

What did you watch last night?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 851-875 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 21 Apr 2012 00:06:34 BDT
Shazzerman says:
A lot to choose from - PATTON springs to mind.

Posted on 21 Apr 2012 10:27:44 BDT
Post Soviet says:
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] classic road movie, featuring Peter Fonda. 5/5 IMO.

Posted on 22 Apr 2012 13:03:28 BDT
Watched Ichi the Killer on friday night, which is not for everyone!!
A Takashi Miike film about a mob boss getting killed and his gang led by a sadistic gangster trying to find his killer.
Went to see The Cabin in the Woods yesterday which is a great film. Nice to see an original teen horror/slasher movie, instead of the usual maniac/monster/serial killer plot.
Also watched Lockout which is basically Die Hard + Escape from NY + Fortress 2.
Really enjoyed it though, Guy Peirce was brilliant in it, could easily of been a turkey without him. You can tell Luc Besson was involved.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 06:51:41 BDT
I watched some more Devil May Cry - two episodes left - this makes me sad =(

Anyone seen The Divide ?? I reeeeeally want to see it !!!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 11:39:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2012 11:39:57 BDT
Iain Metcalf says:
Mad Men season 3 eps 4 & 5 and then Prime Suspect 7 - The Final Act.

Mad Men is just intoxicating no matter what the epsiode. Prime Suspect was predictable and might as well have 'done a Columbo' and shown the killer from the offset.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 16:57:55 BDT
Cheddarwasp says:
INSIDE JOB (2010). Great documentary about the crash of 2008. How the poor seemed to pay for it whilst those responsible kept their bonuses. Sound familiar? Although I did struggle with some of the terminology bankers used!!!!

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 13:00:29 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Apr 2012 13:01:00 BDT
mister joe says:
This forum has got boring beyond belief.Really weird how no one seems to watch Eastenders,Emmerdale.....maybe you are all so cultured.How gross.I watched Eastenders and that documentary about the indian boy with a massive fleshy lump on his back.
There is not even discussions anymore one person says "oh....i watched Battle Royale" then someone else follows with "oh i watched Paris Texas".Truly,utterly depressing.Can anyone with a hint of personality and crass taste please contribute to this ailing forum?
I am off now to watch Three Colours Red.....NOT.I am going to put on my Fall Guy set and watch Lee Majors run around in tight blue levis jumping off trucks.

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 13:13:49 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Apr 2012 21:41:03 BDT
I think most people are closet soapers ;) I watch Eastenders, Corrie and Emmerdale - but I also know the look down such shows get !! And they're so crap they don't warrant discussion lol
I will however make an effort to watch Embarrassing Bodies and Supersize vs Superskinny if/when I know they're on.
I just don't watch a lot of TV, usually just DVDs and I haven't seen most of the things here people bring up.

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 15:16:47 BDT
T says:
I watched Question Time. A friend of mine was invited to put a point to the panel during the "Newham Council deports undesirables to Stoke" question.

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 15:44:37 BDT
Post Soviet says:
News 9PM. Weather forecast, promised cool and breezy. You know what? It was cool and breezy!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 16:45:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Apr 2012 19:08:45 BDT
Blastronaut says:
Not sure who that was aimed at Joe, but God bless ya anyways; this thread was starting to slip towards relegation to page 2 and it needed a bump!

I watch the Eastenders omnibus every week for my sins. Don't watch any of the other soaps tho. Only just enough hours in the week to fit in 2hrs of Eastenders, n'mind owt else.

Do ya find it amusing how Jamie 'Football Factory' Foreman seems to scare the cr@p outta the residents of Albert Square, equipped just with his menacing stare? I mean, he never actually DOES owt does he? Just makes the odd threat, then unleashes his stare!
I just wanna see him tw@ someone and then I'd be more convinced. Not sure the 'Beeb' will allow any pre-watershed violence tho, would they? Someone might complain! : )

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 17:45:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Apr 2012 17:47:06 BDT
LEP says:
Watched Homeland, Sunday and caught up with episode 4 of Once Upon a Time via the computer as they had scheduled it for the same time as Homeland, Bah!

Watched Two Greedy Italians, yesterday, Thursday and then ended up turning the 'box' off as nothing else we fancied.

Would have liked to have watched The Bridge, but its subtitled and I really can't get on with that.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 19:15:53 BDT
Last edited by the author on 27 Apr 2012 19:16:05 BDT
Oh I dunno, plenty of deaths and fights in Walford !! lol
And he did try and kill David with Max and Jack holding him there - David as in Carol's ex. (oh dear I should be ashamed, I could prob name all the characters !!)

And besides would you really want to risk taking on a man who wears a flat cap and looks like an angry toad ?? ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 19:39:26 BDT
Blastronaut says:
Lol, an angry toad? Like that one.
Isn't that always the case in soaps tho? When some bad @ss is about to kick off, there's always someone on hand to hold em back? A 'lemme at em!' sorta thing.
And, especially in Eastenders, when anyone actually gets around to landing a blow, it's always some clumsy looking body blow!
Any 'proper' beatings're dished out off-camera, y'know, then after a minute you'll see the likes of Michael emerge with a couple of bruises.
Often wonder why I watch such drivel, but somehow I'm strangely attracted to it! : )

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 20:50:24 BDT
mister joe says:
I thought Eastenders was good tonight,i think Patsy Palmers a good actress.Eastenders has definetly improved from its woeful state a few years back.At least with the Bianca storyline theres a modicum of social relevance.There was a time when soaps would feature stories relating to issues that we're going on.
Blastro i was just howling in the wind.....i have been so ill this week.I am raging at nothing in particular.Rented We Need To Talk About Kevin so goin to watch that now.
Kodokushi why feel any shame at watching Eastenders?I don't get the problem....we can't all spend our time reading Nietzche.I find these programmes a light relief from the horribly cruel world we live in.

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 21:01:31 BDT
I know but the general response is something along the lines of 'Oh God, you watch soaps *snub*'.
Soaps are part of my evening viewing, starting with Simpsons, moving to antiques then onto the triple soaps. By then it's 10 (like now) and being the ultra cool young person I am, I go to bed hahah =D

But did like tonight's episode, felt so bad for Bianca and agree she's a good actress. And The Toad had a brief appearance woop !! lol

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2012 21:24:20 BDT
I used to watch soaps, but shift work put an end to that madness!!!!
Though I do catch an episode of Neighbours occassionally, which is still quality viewing. ;)
For some bizarre reason I watched The One Show tonight, only because Bill Bailey was on it!!!! :)

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 21:35:02 BDT
I didn't know Neighbours was still going !!
I was never a fan, Home & Away all the way =D

I saw a bit of it yesterday with Alfie Moon - it's all about the soaps.
I love Bill Bailey, he seems ab-so-lutely nuts !!

Posted on 27 Apr 2012 23:05:04 BDT
mister joe says:
Kodokushi only a pretentious snob would make judgements based on someone watching soaps.They are fine,obviosly not everyones cup of tea.I tell you what i watch Big Brother,i have been watching The Voice,i watch Catchphrase on challenge but like now i am about to watch Late Review.High and low culture.
Tell you one thing watching The Voice last saturday gave me a headache,listening to two singers bellowing.Just finished watching We Need To Talk About Kevin,quite a good film.Tilda Swinton can 'alf act.That boy was gross,i mean surely he was screaming for pyschological help.

Posted on 28 Apr 2012 00:59:47 BDT
I think I can make judgements on Soups, like I (and everybody else) can make judgements on most things. But I wouldn't presume I know or judge anyone who watches them. I only bring it up because there's so many times in conversation I've said I don't like Pop Idol, Eastenders, I'm a celebrity... etc and been called a pretentious snob because I have an opinion that differs from there's and that's seemingly a valid insult to throw back at me. I wouldn't call anybody an unenlightened moron for saying they don't like something that I might like that's considered "high-culture".

Personally I don't find anything intrinsically interesting or satisfying by watching Eastenders etc, but like you say they're not everybody's cup of tea. But I am oddly curious to why people like them. The few times I've switched Eastenders on it feels like the tv is shouting at me (I'm not old btw, not sure I need to point that out, but jut for the record). It feels like at some point in their acting/directing training they've been told shouting = drama.

Posted on 28 Apr 2012 03:58:42 BDT
Blastronaut says:
Joe - get well soon, dude!

Kodo - we nearly got to see what old Toady was made of in that omnibus a couple of hours ago. Had to giggle when someone (Shirley?) came and got in between em.

Stew - used to watch Neighbours yonks ago. Sheeit, I can remember when Max wuz in it, and Dez & Daphne! Man that IS a few moons ago!

Tet - can't really explain why I'm attracted to the likes of Eastenders, but I reckon it may be in part a case of wanting the baddie get what's comming to him/her. I mean, I pull it down but they must be doing summat right, cos I absolutely despise Ben (twisted Eastenders character) and every time I see his Dial I just wanna punch him in it!
Would love to tell ya I watch it for the women, but.... well, have you seen Albert Square's beaver? : )

Posted on 28 Apr 2012 03:59:07 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 28 Apr 2012 03:59:27 BDT]

Posted on 28 Apr 2012 04:03:56 BDT
mister joe says:
I suppose soaps provide distraction,comfortable routine for viewers.The fact is not all people want subtle emotions or programmes that reflect the true ambiguities of life,its broad thick brushstrokes,melodrama,good,bad.People have everyright to despair at modern tv but i honestly feel it is far too easy to knock mainstream entertainment.
It really irritates me when people that heavily proport to be intellectuals choose to target programmes such as Enders or soaps its just too easy.These soaps attract massive audiences from your o.a.ps,your teens,to sad thirty somethings like me who after a relatively stressful day working a soulless thankless job,making sure my baby girl is happy enjoy nothing more then slurping a mug of tetleys watching Phil The Potato Head Mitchell grunt or the wonderful Bianca bellow.
You know everyone needs a bit of something.
I have even found myself watching Made In Chelsea even though these self absorbed cretins epitomise everything i am against.Yet there i am sunday morning,scruffy bed top on,another mug of tetleys watching people i despise.Who knows?
The options are pretty easy,turn over,turn off.Who cares.I personally am more interested in questioning things that critics rave about or tell us we should like.
It seems Tetrominoe that Eastenders simply is not your cup of tetleys,nothing wrong with that.To be honest i just found it really odd how on a forum about what people watched last night no one mentions tv hardly.I would love to have a chinwag about The Apprentice....
Ultimately no one should feel that they cannot say i watched a soap and worry us lot will think they are stupid.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Apr 2012 04:24:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Apr 2012 04:25:01 BDT
Blastronaut says:
Hey there Joe, I came across your Nigel Benn Forum t'other day and replied to your post. Thought to myself "A Nigel Benn Forum! Wow!! The dude's my hero!!!"
Bet you'd forgot all about that one eh? : )

Posted on 28 Apr 2012 12:28:50 BDT
Chris Gould says:
Law and Order: Criminal Intent Season 5 with the soothing tones of ADA Carver, AKA Courtney Vance. Then, Law and Order: SVU with the almost comic rap-master tones of Ice-T. He loves talking about crime: every sentence he speaks sounds like a rap song on the spot. There are so many balding cast members that rather than Law and Order, it should be called: Bald and Balder. Then Crossing Jordan Season 6: she's starting to get a bit annoying, disobeying her bald headed manager all the time in predictable fashion!!!!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  action discussion forum
Participants:  241
Total posts:  6606
Initial post:  28 Nov 2011
Latest post:  3 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions