Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Prime Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Adult fantasy/romance twilight/vampire diaries etc

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Aug 2010 14:50:27 BDT
S. Harrison says:
I'm 24 and have always loved the fantasy and thriller type stories, I love anything to dow ith supernatural and have been reading Twilight, Night World, Vampire Diaries etc to get my fill of the vampire/werewolf side of things but are there any decent slightly more grown up books out there? Bit of gore, bit of fantasy, bit of romance, bit of sex is fine, but the whole 'love at first sight' and going from hating someone one minute to be in love the next is just a bit sickly and repetitive. True Blood is a series I will be reading, I guess that's more along the lines of the sort of thing I'm looking for.
Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Posted on 22 Nov 2010 19:05:05 GMT
Mrs W. says:
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong and all the following books, particularly the ones with Elena/Clay. Shifters series by Rachel Vincent. Succubus series and Vamp Academy series by Richelle Mead. Some of my faves. Kelley Armstrong in particular is fantastic and sounds like just what you're looking for. I found it took me couple chapters to get into it but this may be because I was not expecting much...was then completely hooked!! And have read everything else she's ever written.

Posted on 1 Jan 2011 14:31:24 GMT
CLK says:
There is a wonderful series that takes the vampire thing to the next level and is definitely for adults. It is a series. The First book is called Johnny, the Mark of Chaos by Susan D. Kalior. The second book in the series has quite a bit more gore as it comes from the vampirical beings point of view, called Jensea, an Angel's Touch. There is alot of plot depth steeped in dark psychology, mystery, and romance too. It breaks away from the norm and is quite thought provoking bluring the lines of what we call good and evil.

Posted on 2 Jan 2011 14:02:04 GMT
Raline says:
A really great series along this line is the Chaos Dragon Series. The first book is called Johnny, the Mark of Chaos. It takes the vampire thing way beyond the ordinary. The author is Susan D. Kalior.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  12 Aug 2010
Latest post:  2 Jan 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
My Love Lies Bleeding (The Drake Chronicles)
My Love Lies Bleeding (The Drake Chronicles) by Alyxandra Harvey (Paperback - 4 Jan. 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars (53)