Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 14 Jul 2010 13:27:55 BDT
ive put this on my d700 and it will only take photos on the 16 setting.. if i change it to the 11,8or lower settings it wohnt take any pictures just says fee on the screen,does anyone have any idea the camera and lens are both new...auto focus works etc, do i have to change the settings thankyou

Posted on 28 Jul 2010 18:50:49 BDT
Herb says:
I'm not familiar with the D700 or f1.4 model, but I own the 50mm f1.8 and it will only work on my D60 once the aperture ring is set to the minimum value (in this case f16). Then just adjust the aperture value on camera and all should work fine :)

Rhys

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2010 16:46:58 GMT
Tim Kidner says:
I use this lens on the D700 - the modern metering systems of all SLRs & DSLRs means the aperture ring must be set at the minimum aperture.
That allows the aperture to open up from that setting and for all electronic information to pass to the camera's computer. On my 1.4, a little bar above the f2 aperture ring setting locks the link when pulled toward you - and so you shouldn't have the problem again. If you need to change the aperture manually, push the bar up and that will unlock it. Hope this explains all! You have some seriously good equipment there and I trust you'll be able to enjoy it fully now.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  14 Jul 2010
Latest post:  16 Dec 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4D Lens
Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4D Lens by Nikon
4.3 out of 5 stars   (27)