Customer Discussions > Formula 1 2010 (PS3) forum

f1 problems with corrupt data.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Oct 2010 12:29:10 BDT
D. Lowe says:
is anyone else finding that there are issues with saving this game? every time i try to play the fourth race, china i think it is, the game autosaves and then shows the message "data corrupted" i've reached this point 3 times and got this message every time. cheesed off or what! it looks like a return to amazon is on the cards.

Posted on 8 Oct 2010 11:14:28 BDT
Adam says:
Doesn't appear i have this problem yet, touchwood anyway. I am now into my 3rd season with a new team and have yet to hit any of the problems which other are having. strange but i have yet to suffer the corrupt data

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2010 08:21:04 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 25 Oct 2010 08:22:41 BDT]

Posted on 25 Oct 2010 08:29:48 BDT
Lee says:
It has happenened to me aswell few times so i went straight through the chinese w'end
and it was alright until i got to valencia it happenend again
Not happy

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Oct 2010 12:51:04 BDT
D. Lowe says:
I also played straight thru china and I'm now at Hong Kong and touchwood no more problems. Only thing is that everytime I load the game up I expect the worst, it really takes the shine off it.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2010 02:42:51 GMT
S. J. Sharp says:
there is a save game bug in the game don't worry your not alone all versions of the game are affected Codemasters have been working on a patch which will be released shortly. In the meantime there is a way to work around this because the save game corruyption tends to kick in after you complete an R&D objective on the game is if you do one of these in practice you need to do the qualifying session afterwards then your game will be fine keep an eye on the Codemasters website in the meantime

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2010 14:52:30 GMT
Lee says:
cheers, i shall try that out
hope it works because im getting fed up keep starting again trying to find ways to get round it

Posted on 1 Nov 2010 13:13:34 GMT
"Update: Can confirm that the patch has now been released by SCEE (Sony Europe) & SCEJ (Sony Japan), I'll update asap when I can confirm patch ETA's for SCEA (Sony America) and Xbox 360 & PC users.

Full patch notes will also be released early this week for the PS3, with Xbox 360 and PC patch notes to be posted when we hear word that the patch for those two platforms has passed submission with Microsoft.

Codemasters Forum :D

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Nov 2010 03:22:41 GMT
S. J. Sharp says:
yep that's it

Posted on 4 Nov 2010 03:23:53 GMT
S. J. Sharp says:
all the patches are ready now when and if you want to download them

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Nov 2010 22:00:41 GMT
D. Lowe says:
thanks for the info mate, I'm now looking forward to some bug free racing!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2010 21:31:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Nov 2010 21:34:42 GMT
tscaptain says:
The save data bug still exists post patch installation. Only way I have found to avoid having to start all over again is to copy the "savedata" file and save it elsewhere on the computer. If (and more likely when) the bug strikes again you can replace the corrupt file with the "good" saved one. I back up at the end of each session now. A pain in the rear but better than wasting all those hours of gameplay. (Savedata file is in "Documents", "My Games" "Formula 1 2010" in Windows 7)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  4 Oct 2010
Latest post:  14 Nov 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Formula 1 2010 (PS3)
Formula 1 2010 (PS3) by Codemasters Limited (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (173)