Shop now Shop now Shop now Wedding Guest Edit Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Nov 2012 10:13:56 GMT
which is the best external hard drive to go a wii u console??

Posted on 26 Nov 2012 13:01:05 GMT
Phil Wing says:
Anything that is 2TB or under (It wont read anything over 2TB)

I'd go with something that has an AC adapter to power it (the USB power sometimes wont be enough) However, you can use a USB Y Splitter cable to get those without AC adapters.

I got an older 1TB seagate that i'm gonna use on mine once I get a smaller 500gb drive to replace it on my Mac.

Posted on 29 Nov 2012 09:53:14 GMT
It will use any size of drive, but if the drive is over 2TBytes, it will only format and use 2TBytes. They are recommending AC powered drives or, if not, drives which use a Y-lead and connect to 2 USB ports - this ensures enough power is supplied to run the drive.

Posted on 29 Nov 2012 12:15:49 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 15 Dec 2012 12:45:07 GMT]

Posted on 29 Nov 2012 12:18:08 GMT
S. T. Adlam says:
Am pretty sure I will not be buying enough digital content to warrant needing an external hard drive just yet. I plan on getting Nano Assualt Neo and thats pretty much it for about now.

After Christmas when I have a bit more money I wull probably take the plunge.

Posted on 30 Nov 2012 08:08:44 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 15 Dec 2012 12:45:23 GMT]

Posted on 30 Nov 2012 08:27:28 GMT
this is approced by nintendo, check it out

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Wii-U/Storage/Compatible-USB-storage-devices/Compatible-USB-storage-devices-676063.html

Posted on 30 Nov 2012 10:09:08 GMT
Personally, as much as the downloads sound a good plan, I'd possibly prefer to buy them on disc still - I can at least trade them in or sell them whereas the downloads are stuck with you forever.

Downloadable demo's may be the key here though - if these cover almost any game you may want, then if I enjoy the demo I'd be more inclined to buy the download but as the prices are higher than a disc-based game I'd have to have a good reason for buying digitally!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  23 Nov 2012
Latest post:  30 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about