Customer Discussions > Photoshop Elements 6 (PC) forum

elements 6 vs old photoshop

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Jan 2008 16:36:06 GMT
Mr Chris says:
i currently use photoshop 6, very old i know :)
is this better than what im using? will i feel restricted or annoyed with too much hand holding.
i mainly use it for photos, some non pro graphic design work too.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Feb 2008 22:05:34 GMT
J. Billot says:
I confess I used to have a pirate copy of PS6 some time ago and used it extensively, although only for photo enhancement. I bought a new laptop and got a legit PS Elements 4 and to be honest for what I was using it for there was little difference - indeed there are workarounds for the lack of masks in elements anyway. If you're happy with PS6 then stick with it.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Aug 2008 16:33:59 BDT
Pamela Jones says:
Elements 5 and 6 both have RAW Converters, whereas Photoshop 6 won't have. I find the RAW converter in Elements 5 invaluable. - but you might not take pictures in RAW and don't need it anyway. However, Photoshop 6 will have the Pen tool, Masks and Curves, which Elements doesn't have. I find the Pen Tool and Curves very difficult to use. Instead I use the Polygonal Lasso Tool instead of the Pen Tool and use Levels instead of curves. I can never see the difference!! You can create a Mask in Elemenets, by opening the Levels or Hue/Sat adjustment layer and closing it down without doing anything. This leaves a Mask that you can work on.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  13 Jan 2008
Latest post:  18 Aug 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Photoshop Elements 6 (PC)
Photoshop Elements 6 (PC) by Adobe Systems Inc. (Windows Vista / XP)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (63)