The Fujifilm X-T1 is a premium interchangeable lens camera with the world’s fastest Real Time Viewfinder and the world’s highest magnification ratio. Featuring evolved SLR-style handling, mechanical dials and weather-resistance (when paired with a weather resistant X mount lens), together with all the benefits of an X-Series camera, such as compact size, excellent mobility and high-speed performance.
The Real Time Viewfinder revolution
Combining a unique wide-angle view, along with the world’s highest magnification (0.77x) for a digital camera (*1), the X-T1’s electronic viewfinder provides a truly immersive shooting experience. But it’s the viewfinder’s display speed that really sets it apart; with a lag-time of just 0.005 sec (*2) that’s one tenth the speed of conventional digital cameras (*3) you’ll feel a total connection to the subjects you’re shooting.
Perfect alignment of the viewfinder with the optical axis of the lens
With its 2.36m dot resolution OLED display producing a crisply detailed view of whatever you’re shooting, the X-T1’s EVF lets you immerse yourself in the action, just as you’d feel with a traditional optical viewfinder.
But while the vision it creates is the smoothest and purest yet on a digital camera, the X-T1’s viewfinder also packs in breakthrough technologies to help your photography. The viewfinder's Graphic User Interface provides a fresh shooting experience with clear details and a comfortable at-a-glance view of your settings.
Its four display modes offer a shooting experience impossible with an optical viewfinder:
- "FULL" mode takes full advantage of the high magnification ratio of the X-T1's viewfinder to give an unrivalled view of the scene
- "NORMAL" provides an optimum view, including shooting settings
- "DUAL" is specially designed for manual focusing with a clever split view. Where the regular view and manual focus area can be simultaneously checked (with Digital Split Image or Focus Peak Highlight) (*4)
- For a “VERTICAL” view in ”NORMAL" and ”FULL” modes, the interface automatically rotates when the camera is held vertically
World’s fastest AF speed
The perfect view needs autofocus to match and with its EXR Processor II and X-Trans CMOS II sensor (*4), the X-T1 delivers. The X-Trans sensor has phase detection AF built in so a world-beating response of just 0.08 seconds is achieved (*5) and the EXR Processor II allows a super-fast 0.5 second start-up time (*6), 0.05 second shutter time lag and a 0.5 second shooting interval (*7). It also allows up to 8 frames per second (*8) with tracking AF and is the first-ever model (*2) to be compatible with SDXC UHS-II format memory cards, so the data writing speed in continuous mode increases to about twice that of a conventional card (*9).
Tough, weather-resistant design
The X-T1’s die-cast magnesium body provides a sturdy and durable, while compact and lightweight design. As good as it looks and handles, the X-T1 is also tough enough to take on almost any shooting assignment. Thanks to approximately 80 points of weather sealing, the camera body is dust-resistant and water-resistant, giving it plenty of protection from dirt and moisture. With it offering freeze resistance to -10°C, it enables full-fledged field photography without worrying about the weather or the season and the LCD features tempered glass for additional outdoor protection.
Fujifilm is launching three weather-resistant zoom lenses to complement the X-T1 camera, these will all be available during 2014, with the XF18-135mm launching in June. The three lenses are the XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R OIS WR, XF16-55mmF2.8 R OIS WR and the XF50-140mmF2.8 R OIS WR.
Traditional handling, modern response
With five mechanical dials on the top-plate, two command dials on the front and rear and six fully customisable function buttons, the X-T1 feels and functions like a proper photographic tool in the hand. The top-plate includes machined-aluminium double-deck dials for the shutter speed, exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity, metering and drive modes, and each is designed to turn with a reassuring click, while their textured surfaces gives a firm purchase when setting up a shot. The six customisable function buttons and two command-dials arranged on the front and rear complete the picture, ensuring whatever setting is desired it can be reached in an instant.
Advanced X Trans II Sensor and EXR II Processor
Featuring the same X-Trans CMOS II sensor as the celebrated X-E2, the X-T1’s X-Trans II sensor controls moiré and false colour generation by using an original colour filter array with a highly randomised pixel arrangement. This removes the need for an Optical Low Pass Filter (OLPF) that degrades resolution.
The EXR Processor II corrects even fractional blurring at the edges of the lens, as well as diffraction blur caused when narrowing the aperture. Image quality is further enhanced by the inclusion of a Lens Modulation Optimiser (LMO) for interchangeable lens cameras.
Key features of the Fujifilm X-T1
- Evolved electronic viewfinder
- High-precision 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder
- Highest viewfinder magnification for digital cameras of 0.77x (*1)
- Wide viewing angle (diagonal 38° and horizontal 31°)
- Ultra-fast Real Time Viewfinder with a lag-time of 0.005sec (*2) (less than 1/10 of existing models) (*3)
- Four different display modes: Full, Normal, Dual and Vertical.
- Ultimate high-speed responses, including the world’s fastest AF of 0.08 seconds (*5), startup time of 0.5 seconds (*6), shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds and shooting interval of 0.5 seconds (*7).
- Phase detection AF and motion predictive AF for continuous shooting up to 8 frames per second (*8).
- Weather resistant structure
- 16.3 megapixel APS-C size X-Trans CMOS II (*4) sensor
- Twin command dials and six Function buttons for instant control and customisation.
- Tempered glass 1.04million dot high-precision tilting LCD monitor.
- Enhanced wireless functions with the free “FUJIFILM Camera Remote” application and “Wireless Communication” function that allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets.
- Interval timer shooting for Time Lapse photography with intervals of 1 second to 24 hours and up to 999 frames.
X-T1 Accessories List
- Dedicated all-leather half case BLC-XT1 - New
- Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT1 - New
- Hand Grip MHG-XT - New
- Compatible with all FUJINON X Mount lenses
- M Mount Adapter for additional lens compatibility
- Four dedicated flash models to choose from depending on requirements (EF-X8 - New, EF-X20, EF-20, EF-42)
- Protector filters (PRF-39, PRF-52, PRF-58, PRF-62 and PRF-72 (For XF10-24mmF4 R OIS) - New)
- Remote release RR-90
- Stereo Microphone MIC-ST1
- DC coupler CP-W126 - New
- AC adapter AC-9V - New
- 16GB & 32GB UHS-II SDXC cards - New
*1: Highest VF magnification ratio among digital cameras. Fujifilm research as of January 2014. Approx. 0.77x magnification with a 50mm lens (35mm format equivalent) set to infinity and -1.0DP.
*2: Fujifilm research as of January 2014.
*3: Compared to FUJIFILM X-E2
*4: “X-Trans” and “Digital Sprit Image” are trademarks or registered trademarks of FUJIFILM Corporation.
*5: Fastest AF speed among digital cameras equipped with an APS-C or larger sensor. Measurement conducted by Fujifilm research based on CIPA guidelines using the X-T1 equipped with XF14mmF2.8 R lens in High Performance mode as of January 2014.
*6: Equipped with XF27mmF2.8 in High Performance mode
*7: MF mode
*8: AF-C shooting mode
*9: RAW shooting mode