The eMachines 350: High Performance Multitasking
eMachines are renowned for bringing you netbooks, notebooks and desktops that offer maximum value and functionality. The eMachines 350 netbook is no exception. With its powerful Intel Atom processor, the eMachines 350 multitasks through everyday applications with ease, with a battery life of 4 hours*. This ultra-mobile 10.1" is light and under 1" thin with a big keyboard for fast-paced, accurate data input while you're on the move. Stay connected all the time with built-in Wi-Fi wireless and Fast Ethernet LAN.
Time and distance are barriers that were meant to be broken with the eMachines 350. It's easy to interact with friends and family across continents anytime you wish thanks to the eMachines 350's advanced communication technologies. Use the built-in 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi for fast reliable connections to hotspots at home or when you're out and about. You can also hook up via the Fast Ethernet LAN port, or use the two USB ports to plug in Bluetooth or mobile 3G adapters for more flexibility on the move.
The eMachines 350 comes equipped with the Intel Atom N450, an advanced mobile processor that does more in less time. It offers balanced and highly responsive performance, allowing you to enjoy movies, Internet video, and 3D gaming online wherever you are. Take advantage of today's most demanding applications on a light and portable machine.
High Definition Playback
The eMachines 350 also features an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 with 64 MB of dedicated system memory. This dedicated graphics processing unit delivers fast graphics with film-quality effects for the best visual experience. With it you'll be able to enjoy smooth, streaming Internet video and DVDs**.
Intel® Clear Video HD Technology delivers scenes with sharp details and precise colors, whilst Intel Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0 support ensures there is extra memory capacity for graphics, to give you the best performance. This graphics accelerator is also Microsoft® DirectX® 9 compatible, meaning you'll have support for the leading software titles.
A fast, energy-conscious Intel Atom processor and an LED-backlit display enable the eMachines 350 to deliver up to 4 hours* of portable performance on battery power allowing you to work, play and communicate for longer. The 10.1" LED-backlit TFT LCD enables 22.2% power savings compared with other netbook displays.
Charging up on the go is convenient with the slim 2-pin 40W eMachines MiniGo AC adapter, which is 34% lighter than typical adapters. There are energy savings too - the MiniGo saves more than 80% on no-load power consumption, and saves 1/3 on charging time. Weighing in at only 210g, and with a convenient, all-in-one-design, the MiniGo adapter is the ideal partner to pack when you head out on a long journey - especially as interchangeable AC converters are available for international travel.
Lightening the Load
Ultra-thin and light at about 1" thin and 1 kg, the eMachines 350 boasts great portability for users who are frequently on the move. It's easy to bring and store, without compromising regular-size notebook functionality. The 93% standard-size keyboard with bigger keys enables comfortable typing, while a wide multi-gesture touchpad gives you greater control.
Who needs a mouse? Thanks to Acer's multi-gesture touchpad technology you'll quickly be controlling your netbook without one.
- Scroll - Navigate web pages, files, music playlists and photos using a two-finger vertical scroll motion.
- Pinch - Pinch to zoom in and out of application windows.
- Flip - Browse photos, websites, documents and photo albums with a back-and-forth, two-finger horizontal slide motion.
- Rotate - Rotate images 90 degrees in either direction with a two-finger pivot motion.
Safeguard Your Data
The eMachines 350 comes with a pre-installed copy of Norton Online Backup Trial. This nline backup software will allow you to safeguard your valuable data in a number of ways:
- Set up automatic online backups - you control the file format, specified folders, and whether to run a backup schedule automatically or at specified dates and times
- Capable of managing data from multiple PCs
- Easy to restore data back to any PC
* The listed battery life is based on MobileMark 2007 productivity mode testing with wireless on. Details of MobileMark2007 testing are available at www.bapco.com. Battery life rating is for comparison purposes only. Actual battery life varies by model, configuration, applications, power management settings, operating conditions, and utilised features. A battery's maximum capacity decreases with time and use.
**An external DVD drive is required for DVD playback.