My Cloud EX4 Personal Cloud Storage
Ultimate Reliability from a Trusted Name in Storage
Built from the ground up with the quality and reliability you've come to expect from WD, My Cloud EX4 is a high-performance, 4-bay NAS for your home or small office. It offers a robust all-metal enclosure, multiple RAID volumes, easy drive installation and a full suite of apps for the power and flexibility to expand your NAS features.
My Cloud EX4 Product Update Available
The My Cloud EX4 Product Update has been available since May 27th, 2014. The Firmware release 1.03.39 contains:
- Updated network connectivity reliability and large file transfer capability
- Support for faster creation of the Storage Array and updated Dashboard experience
Featuring WD Red Drives
My Cloud EX4 works right out of the box with integrated WD Red hard drives for ultimate compatibility in the 24x7 NAS operating environment. Pre-set in RAID 5 mode for ultimate protection for your data from the start.
Easy to Set-up, Easy to Manage
Effortlessly install drives or hot swap within 5 seconds with WD's advanced, all-metal enclosure design. WD's powerful dashboard means you are always in control.
Extensive Data Protection
You're armed with multiple options to secure your data from loss. Choose RAID 1, 5, 10 or select from spanning and JBOD modes for even more options to manage your data.
Ultimate Reliability -- Built from the ground up with the quality and reliability you've come to expect from WD.
Your Options Are Endless -- Choose the diskless enclosure with easy drive install and hot swap to effortlessly add up to 4 drives and grow as your needs expand. Or, choose a populated system that works right out of the box, featuring WD Red hard drives for ultimate compatibility in the 24x7 NAS operating environment.
High-performance NAS -- Dual Ethernet and power supply ports; 512 MB memory and 2.0 GHz processor deliver reliable, blazing-fast performance for your home or small office.
Drive Management and Data Protection at its Best -- You're armed with multiple options to secure your data from loss. Choose RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 or select from spanning and JBOD modes for even more options to manage your data.
Easy to Manage -- A powerful dashboard and LCD display means your system is always under your control. Monitor your drives, manage users and utilise energy-saving features. Email and mobile alerts keep you informed on My Cloud EX4 status.
Award-winning Desktop and Mobile Apps -- With WD's My Cloud mobile and desktop apps, you can upload, access and share your documents from anywhere. Conveniently transfer files from your public cloud service to the My Cloud EX4 directly from the mobile app.
Powerful Apps to Customise Your NAS -- Featuring apps, including aMule, Icecast, Joomla!, phpBB, phpMyAdmin and SqueezeCenter.
Advanced Serving Options -- Integrated file server, FTP server, back-up server and P2P torrent download server.
Stream Media to Your Connected Devices -- Stream videos and photos to connected TVs, media players, gaming consoles and other DLNA/UPnP devices. Features a Twonky 7.2 and a DLNA-certified 1.5 media server. And with My Cloud EX4's iTunes server, you can easily stream your music collection.
Back-up Your Way -- Protect your data with remote back-up to another My Cloud EX4, integrated cloud back-up or local LAN/WAN back-up. PC users, WD SmartWare Pro offers options for how, when and where you back-up your files for up to 10 computers. Mac users, utilise all the features of Apple Time Machine back-up software to protect your data.
Increase Your Personal Cloud Capacity -- Simply attach a compatible USB hard drive directly to 1 of the 2 USB 3.0 expansion ports on My Cloud EX4 and instantly expand your storage capacity.
Integrated Energy-saving Features -- Save money on your energy bill with disk spin-down and scheduled power on/off.
Your Own Personal Cloud -- Unlike public clouds, My Cloud EX4 allows you to keep all your content in one safe place on your home or office network instead of a remote server. No mysterious location of your data. No monthly fees. No limits. Just blazing-fast performance for your high-speed digital life.
Advanced Features - iSCSI target, full-featured FTP services, link aggregation and failover support, jumbo frame support, iPv6 ready, UPS support (USB and network), real time resource monitor, volume encryption with boot-up password, SNMP and virtual volumes.
My Cloud EX4 personal cloud storage products work concurrently with multiple operating systems including Mac OS, Windows 8, iOS and Android with mobile apps.
At a Glance
- 4-bay enclosure, 0-16TB
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet
- Dual USB 3.0 expansion ports
- 2.0 GHz processor
- 512 MB of system memory
- PC/Mac compatible
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 10; JBOD, spanning
- Easy drive install and hot swap
- Twonky 7.2 DLNA 1.5 and UPnP certified media server
- Anywhere access from computers, tablets and smartphones with My Cloud desktop and mobile apps
- A full suite of third-party apps
- iTunes support
- Dual power and network redundancy
- Optimised for WD Red drives with WD's NASware technology
- Centralising and organising your data in a secure location
- Securing your data from loss with customisable disk management and multiple RAID options
- Backing up files automatically from all the PC and Mac computers on your network
- Streaming all your media files on your network
- Quickly installing drives with ease
- Saving, backing up and sharing your stored content from anywhere
- Accessing and saving files securely from any computer, tablet and smartphone
- Uploading photos and videos directly to your personal cloud to free up space on your mobile devices
- Transferring files between your public cloud accounts and My Cloud EX4
- Windows 8.1 or earlier, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP (SP 3) operating systems
- Mac OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion or Snow Leopard operating systems
- DLNA/UPnP devices for streaming
- Internet connection for remote access
- Internet Explorer 8 or higher
- Safari 6 or higher
- Firefox 21 or higher
- Google Chrome 27 or higher on supported Windows and Mac OS platforms
Note: Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system.
Power supply and cable
Quick Install Guide