Can I download bespoke routes from my computer to the device?
asked by Red Mick on 2 Mar 2014
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
I've just tried it and it works. Use Garmin Express to download the maps from the 560 to your computer and then use Garmin Basecamp (http://www.garmin.com/en-US/shop/downloads/basecamp) to create the route and upload to the 560. Basecamp also lets you set waypoints by marking on the maps, avoiding the use of postcodes (Try driving a coach to Warwick Castle without useing this) . Google maps no longer support the uploading of waypoints to satnavs with their latest version. Points of interest (POI) can also be uploaded to the 560, I have all the Caravan Club sites and CL's on my 560.

Ihave no problems with weight limits, the only problem I have is with the speed limit warning when driving a vehicle that can legally do more than the speeed limit of an HGV. My motor home has an unladen weight of 3041kg and so has the same speed limits as a car. Just turn off the warning beep and ignore the speed limit sign on the display with HGV overwritten on it.
John Fletcher answered on 2 Mar 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No is basically the answer, but there is no need to do that, the only fault I can find with sat nav is you can not turn off the 3.5 ton weight limit warnings, I do a lot of deliveries in towns and it really pisses me off when it keeps warning me of the weight limits even though the delivery is in the high street.
Anthony Clarke answered on 2 Mar 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think with difficulty
Ardamine answered on 28 Mar 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›