Customer Discussions > What Have We Become forum

Why don't The Beautiful South just get back together?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Mar 2014 01:45:45 GMT
M. Sinclair says:
I find this ridiculous that Jacqueline Abbott and Paul Heaton are teaming up together again, but its not with The Beautiful South... Even more because the rest of the band have reformed as "The South" and released an album... I think a lot of people would be happier and more interested if this was a return for The Beautiful South... Not yet anyway....

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 20:33:10 BDT
Bob says:
I think it's well documented that Paul doesn't want to reform as The Beautiful South.

Leave Paul and Jacquie to their own thing, and The South to do theirs, both have their own good and bad points.

Posted on 12 May 2014 10:53:08 BDT
xVickyLeighx says:
I'm not sure why this is so 'ridiculous'. The Beautiuful South as a band, no longer exist. Paul has always stated that he doesn't get his former bands back together, so a reunion was never on the cards. Dave Rotheray has his own solo project, Paul has his, it just now happens to include Jacqui as well. Personally I think it's a great collaboration and I think a lot of fans are very happy.

Posted on 16 May 2014 10:57:50 BDT
DizzieAnnie says:
Everything VickyLeigh said, plus I want to hear something new from Paul and Jacqui, not a rehash of times past. And the statement about "the rest of the band" is not true - only two members of TBS, both of whom were ever only singers, are in that other band. If you want to hear a tribute band go seek out The Southmartins.

Posted on 19 May 2014 13:34:54 BDT
I don't think the Beautiful South should get back together, the last few South Albums after PIR were so so, even with Jacqui, I don't think this is something to return to. Since 2007 Paul's creativity and writing has been amazing, free from the constriants of a South Album, he made some amazingly diverse music. With the new album, of course people will treat it like a follow up to PIR and it does sound like a South Album in places, but it is far removed from albums like Gaze and Superbi, much better, more vitality and this only comes from the confidence gained from being outside the constriants of the South.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 May 2014 19:16:21 BDT
I think most of the TBS fans would only want them to reform so they can play all the old hits...whilst some have moved on...and thankfully Paul and Jacquie have

In reply to an earlier post on 19 May 2014 20:12:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 May 2014 20:13:58 BDT
Good point - I was at those last TBS concerts and when new songs were played, most so called fans just stood around in silence, they were at risk of becoming there own tribute act. You're right, they have moved on. This album although TBS in style, is actually when you listen very different, because the band is different.

Posted on 23 May 2014 16:49:56 BDT
M. Hellewell says:
Paul & Jacquie @ Leeds Academy Saturday!........... Wooo! Get in there......!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  What Have We Become forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  7 Mar 2014
Latest post:  23 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
What Have We Become
What Have We Become by Paul Heaton (Audio CD - 2014)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (256)