Customer Discussions > Halo 3 (Xbox 360) forum

A different game on harder skill levels...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Oct 2007 17:35:31 GMT
Mr. SCM Bell says:
I played through H3 on Normal and although I loved it, I was slightly dissapointed by how easy some of it was. Reaching the end and hungry for more I went right back to the start on the highest difficultly setting.
Goddamn! Its like a different game.
There are nooks and crannies on levels and tactics used by the bad guys that I simply didn't see on Normal as I was able to just wade through blowing the hell out of everything.
If you are anything but a total newcomer to games and haven't started H3 yet I would strongly urge you to up the skill level.
When the game is really challenging you, you finally see just how much work has gone into making it.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2007 11:20:27 GMT
FoxInLondon says:
I agree. Although hard difficulties aren't for everyone, you really aren't getting the most out of the game on normal or even heroic. Try legendary, or try collecting some of the skulls and turning them on (I recommend 'thunderstorm' and 'catch'), and the game gets a lot better. Longer, too!

There's a lot of replay value, but as with most things halo you have to dig in and scratch the surface in order to see how surprisingly deep the game gets.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Jan 2008 19:41:20 GMT
Alex Lee says:
He he he... if u really want a challenge try a challenge then do 'The Ark' with all the skulls.... (its the only level thats possible to do without dying once). Gotta admit tho, they should make a difficulty higher than legendary, i mean its fun in single player but in multiplayer it sux bigtime cos its just soooo easy.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2008 18:09:21 GMT
A Dabbler says:
No! Don't post that or the haters will get very angry at you! They play it on Easy, don't have that great of an experience and use that to post false statements and get attention!

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Mar 2008 07:17:39 GMT
daniel says:
Definitely. There's much more to the combat in the Halo 3 than your typical FPS. On the harder difficulties you get a feel for which weapons are best suited to taking on the various enemies. Equipment also has more significance
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Halo 3 (Xbox 360) forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  31 Oct 2007
Latest post:  24 Mar 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 3 (Xbox 360)
Halo 3 (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (373)