Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Oct 2007 00:56:41 BDT
so i was buying a gift for my girlfriend and well she is the biggest harry potter fan I know. So I decided to buy her the the UK box sets of Harry Potter, i got the adult version and the children's version. I did this cause I see to many different opinions on the differences. But any ways now I am seeing things about deluxe additions and stuff so I mean what is considered like the ultimate version of all the books, as far as box sets go, and not worrying about 1st editions and 1st printings. and also i figured being from America maybe made the UK versions cooler or more valuable or something.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Oct 2007 23:20:50 BDT
I've always bought the UK version of the children's editions. Obviously, the publishers here in the US decided that American kids were too dumb to understand that a "jumper" is a sweater or a "dustbin" is a trash can. (They even changed the title of the first book!) Other than the obvious spelling differences, I enjoy reading the books the way they were intended to be read. From what I understand, the later books have fewer differences, as they were released at the same time in both countries. But I have compared the American/UK versions of the first book, and I think the Americanized book lacks some of the authenticity of the real thing. And the artwork is better! I'm thinking of buying the adult versions (because I just don't have enough books as it is...) so I'd be interested to hear what you think after you receive them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  8 Oct 2007
Latest post:  16 Oct 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Harry Potter Box Set I-VI
Harry Potter Box Set I-VI by J K Rowling (Hardcover - 1 Oct. 2005)
4.6 out of 5 stars (16)