Can the device itself be recharged from the motor cars' 12v port (cigar lighter)?
asked by Suzanne D. on 19 Dec 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Glyn Hall probably has the most accurate answer: "It requires a cell phone car charger with 5v 2A output". Though I'd like to add that even when charging from a domestic 2A power supply it can take the best side of a day to be fully recharged. With that in mind you'll be having to run the car for at least a day, probably longer to be able to fully recharge it. As far as I'm aware the Anker battery can't be charged while it's discharging (and vise versa). Lastly most car adapters promising 5v 2A output spread that over two ports. All this means that you can't charge the Anker in one port while charging your phone/tablet in the other port, which takes you back to square one.

Without knowing more about your specific problem the best advice I could offer would be to buy two or more of these. Charging one domestically while you use the others.
Amazon Customer answered on 21 Jan 2014
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I havn't tried but it charges from other USB outputs so I would expect it to be OK but perhaps a bit slow
Sherwood Elcock answered on 23 Dec 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes it can - there are car adapters available to charge cellphones. It requires a cell phone car charger with 5v 2A output with a micro USB output connector. There are a number available from Amazon.
Glyn Hall (glynhall@iafrica.com) answered on 20 Dec 2013

A
[Deleted by the author on 9 Aug 2014 18:00:11 BDT]

A
The device itself doesn't come with car charger, but it could be easily charged with an incar mobile charger adapter. If the car comes with usb charging port, you don't even have to buy anything
K. F. Ng answered on 20 Dec 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It will charge from any USB power supply so you need to buy a USB car power adaptor
Milind Puri answered on 19 Dec 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›