29 days until the PS4 launch - who is going to be buying a PlayStation Vita for your PlayStation 4?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 57 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Oct 2013 17:12:36 GMT
Joe says:
If you are going to be buying a PlayStation Vita for your PlayStation 4, what PlayStation Vita games will you be buying with it and what size memory card?

Amazon.co.uk has a PlayStation Vita deal, buy the PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi and 3G (139 sold by Amazon.co.uk) and get Killzone: Mercenary (27.99 sold by Amazon.co.uk) and the 4GB memory card for free (9.89).

Simply add the PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi and 3G, Killzone: Mercenary and the 4GB memory card to your basket, go to the checkout and the two promotional discounts will be applied, only costing 139.

Posted on 30 Oct 2013 17:23:17 GMT
TheBolloxx says:
I already have a Ps Vita :)

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2013 17:39:12 GMT
Paul Osborne says:
Already have my PS Vita, bought it recently to complement my PS4. I bought the 32gb memory card, got Killzone: Mercenary bundled with the Vita and have since bought Persona 4: Golden and PS+ (which means I also have downloaded Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Street Fighter X Tekken, Jak and Daxter Trilogy etc.). Loving it so far too.

I also intend to get Batman : Arkham origins Blackgate too in the near future

Posted on 30 Oct 2013 18:13:52 GMT
Joe says:
I'm going to get a Vita for my PS4, will have them both delivered on 29th November. Should I get a 8GB memory card or 16GB memory card?

Also, does anyone know where I'd get good money for a 4GB Vita memory card? (Getting it for free with the Vita deal on Amazon)

Posted on 30 Oct 2013 18:15:10 GMT
neilydee says:
I too have a PS Vita and it is an awesome machine. However it just 'bricked' on me and is refusing to charge. I have ordered another charger to rule out the power supply. I truly hope it is just the supply. It's under warranty so I should be areeeet. Seems I am not alone with this problem though. Might be worth waiting for the 2nd iteration of Vita despite it having a slightly inferior screen?

Posted on 30 Oct 2013 18:16:59 GMT
Active Yaw says:
Call me mental but I have just cancelled mine. I've just lost interest what with Watch Dogs and Driveclub being delayed, the 2 games I ordered back in like August. There is just nothing interesting at launch so I will pick one up next year sometime.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2013 18:23:02 GMT
Joe says:
Killzone: Shadow Fall, FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Need for Speed: Rivals, Knack, NBA 2K14, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag? None of these games interest you? They all release on 29th November with the PS4, except from Call of Duty: Ghosts (5th November) and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (22nd November)

No point buying a 350 console just for two games. Also, Need for Speed: Rivals will be better than DriveClub.

Posted on 30 Oct 2013 18:24:55 GMT
neilydee says:
Not to mention The Pinball Arcade on download at launch and a whole host of other indie titles. Should have kept the preorder in methinks!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2013 18:33:07 GMT
Joe says:
Yep. Also, Resogun for FREE will be available to download on day one (via PS Plus)

Pinball Arcade is available to pre-order from Argos for 28.99.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2013 18:41:58 GMT
neilydee says:
How random that Argos have what looks like a physical disc version of it.

Can't seem to find any info on it other than the Argos page. It's hard to tell if it's a good deal or not as the PS4 dload price hasnt been announced yet. Also Argos don't have a release date showing. Curious!

Any more info on that Joe? I will probably stick to digital version for this I reckon.

I do know that there will only be a discount on the PS4 Pinball Arcade if you own the season 1 bundle or 4 table packs on the vita or ps3. No proper cross buy opportunities with this one unfortunately as they view the ps4 version as a seperate product (due to the massive difference in quality and rebuilding the tables I imagine)

Posted on 30 Oct 2013 18:53:16 GMT
L. Devonald says:
got the vita + 10 games deal for my daughter for christmas, i'm sure it'll come in handy for my ps4 as well :P

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2013 18:55:03 GMT
Joe says:
Argos currently has the release date '2014' but Argos will update that because its a launch title. If you can get it for less than 20 on PSN then download it, if not get the physical disc version for 28.99.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Oct 2013 18:57:35 GMT
Joe says:
How much, what store? I don't like any of them 10 games except from Wipeout: 2048, I can get Wipeout: 2048 for 16 on Amazon.

Posted on 31 Oct 2013 13:45:19 GMT
I already own TWO Vitas - one since launch and recently a 3G model. Best handheld gaming system by far. :)

Posted on 31 Oct 2013 15:57:31 GMT
Pedro says:
Got the Argos deal on a vita, it's actually pretty good, bit hard to get used to though

Posted on 31 Oct 2013 16:00:56 GMT
Mr. Z. Howe says:
I already have a vita here too :) got mine almost a year ago now.

Posted on 31 Oct 2013 16:18:12 GMT
Joe says:
I'm gonna get mine delivered with the PS4.

Posted on 1 Nov 2013 07:50:39 GMT
My wife has got me a PS Vita (to go with PS4 also) with PS all stars and memory card (not sure which one) - was suppose to be a suprise to take back to Operations with me....but she sucks at keeping things to herself lol. Looking forward to playing various psone games, and store games :) . Shame it didnt include L2 R2 buttons.

Posted on 1 Nov 2013 08:54:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Nov 2013 10:49:04 GMT
CaptainZ says:
Also guys Contrast is free at launch.

But back to the topic, I've had a Vita since launch and it is an impressive, if under supported piece of equipment.

Joe, get the 32gb card, I have a 16gb and had to use the PS3 to store games etc, so in the end bought the 32gb one aswell. That is nearly full too. I have only bought 3 games for the machine (Uncharted at release, Capcom vs Marvel, and Tomb Raider), everything else came free with PS+. So get the maximum memory you can.

At the moment remote play is limited but pretty cool; Ico and Shadow of the colossus work, as do PS1 games. But any video files are loaded directly onto your PS3 hard drive work via remote play too :)!

I can't it to see how it works on PS4 - roll on the 29th, my day off work is booked.

Posted on 1 Nov 2013 10:49:36 GMT
Already have a PS Vita and even with the free PS+ games I still rarely play it.
I'm definitely looking forward to trying remote play on PS4, but I doubt I'll use it much.
Hopefully I'm wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2013 11:14:24 GMT
Pedro says:
@J.L. Great wife

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2013 12:29:19 GMT
M_Vastere says:
Haha I thought I was the only person daft enough to own two! Brilliant system.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2013 12:48:27 GMT
Indeed. I wouldn't normally even think about buying another instance of a system that I already own, but that Argos deal on the 3G model was too good to pass up.

It's not just for the 3G either. I play my Vita a couple hours every day and OLED screens have limited lifetimes; they won't last forever, so it's worth having a backup.

Posted on 1 Nov 2013 17:23:47 GMT
Ross Cleary says:
3DS is significantly better.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Nov 2013 17:28:52 GMT
M_Vastere says:
3DS is fantastic, I have two of them as well. I prefer Vita though by quite a large margin.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  57
Initial post:  30 Oct 2013
Latest post:  10 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sony PlayStation 4 Console (PS4)
Sony PlayStation 4 Console (PS4) by sony (PlayStation 4)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (1,060)