This book provides the most versatile introduction to e-business and e-commerce available. It is understandable by MBA, Masters and undergraduate students alike. It targets students who struggle with technology and converts them into people who aspire to work in the industry
Ben Clegg Aston Business School
I strongly recommendE-Business and E-Commerce Management to my students. It covers a wide range of e-business applications, offers a valuable selection of real-world cases and provides a bank of online resources that really help students to get the most from their course.
Jenny Backhouse University of New South Wales, Australia
This is by far the best coverage on the subject and the companion website is unparalleled.
Marc Macaluso Purdue University Calumet, USA
Stay ahead! In todays fast-paced world of continuous technological development and change you need to know the latest thinking on best practice for e-business. In the third edition of E-Business and E-Commerce Management, leading authority Dave Chaffey brings the most up-to-date academic thinking and professional practice together in one place.
This bestselling text covers all aspects of e-business focusing on sales and marketing, as well as detailing procurement, supply chains, and the legal and security considerations. It has a range of features to help you learn effectively including margin definitions, international case studies, activities and web links.
Here are just a few reasons why you should read E-Business and E-commerce Management:
· Learn from in-depth cases on global organisations such as Amazon, the BBC and eBay, on regional companies such as Tesco.com and dabs.com, and on start-ups such as Northwest Supplies and Zopa.com
· Get the latest on new e-business technologies and Web 2.0 applications including blogging, Really Simple Syndication (RSS), instant messaging, podcasting, digital TV and mobile marketing
· Understand the challenges of security in the face of hacking, viruses, SPAM, identity theft, and the legal constraints on data protection, privacy and accessibility
· Keep up with cutting-edge e-marketing and E-CRM techniques, such as affiliate, search engine and viral marketing, and the use of customer personas and value analysis
· Learn a structured approach to plan and implement, assess and improve e-business strategy for different types of organisation.
Developed for students studying e-business and e-commerce at undergraduate or postgraduate level, and also used by many business managers, E-Business and E-Commerce Management is the essential text to keep pace with technology, strategy and implementation.
Dave Chaffey (www.davechaffey.com) is an e-business consultant and visiting lecturer on e-business courses at Warwick University and Cranfield School of Management.
--This text refers to the