Customer Discussions > Crysis (PC DVD) forum

crysis on laptop

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Dec 2007 20:40:30 GMT
Trying to run this on nvidia 7000 and 1.8ghz laptop-even on low it is jerky and bad graphics-any solutions?? Heeelp

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Dec 2007 17:43:39 GMT
V. J. Bruce says:
It's not fast enough, crysis is simply too demanding. If you've got the settings as low as you can go, then either upgrade your laptop (if possible), or buy a new computer. Possibly removing unused programs, stopping programs in the "system tray" and defragmenting your hard disk may help, but not significantly enough to make it much more playable.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jan 2008 03:58:32 GMT
Yeah, your laptop is just too slow. Also, Crysis (and for that matter, any video game) will run slower on any laptop than a desktop computer. Laptops were not developed for gaming, especially very high end games like Crysis, if you had a desktop with similar settings you could manage on low.

I have a friend with a desktop computer with a 2.2Ghz Dual core, 2gb of RAM and an ATI X1300 256mb graphics card and he can manage Crysis on low graphics absolutely fine.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2008 18:17:15 GMT
Make sure you lower the resolution to the lowest level available in the game... 640x480 or something. It'll look rubbish but it might play if you're lucky.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Feb 2008 14:49:22 GMT
J. Pamplin says:
Absolutely right - i had a 2ghz core 2 duo laptop with 2gb ram and an 8600gt, and i got framerates HALF that of a desktop computer that had an 8400 and a 1.6ghz dual core! Wouldn't play crysis at all - so i chopped it in for a desktop system -very happy now!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jul 2008 01:31:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Jul 2008 01:32:50 BDT
james smith says:
I run it on a 2.8ghz with a internal graphics card lol. its painfull when it dont work but on a good day its stunning the graphics refuse to turn from meduim so i am stuck with them lol. i reckon u could have a chance of playing it how much ram u got. i forgot to mentcion on a laptop that cost £379 in november. the only thing i have done to it is upgraded the ram

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Aug 2008 22:43:10 BDT
Well it is nice to know that it will work on my Desktop due to the fact that I have a 1.6Ghz Dual Core, 8400GS and 1GB RAM running Windows Vista. Any more recommendations?

Posted on 28 Nov 2009 00:01:38 GMT
Kirlis Halim says:
Hi I have Sony FW- Series, and the spec is 4GB RAM, Intel Centrino 2 running at 2.40 GHz processor, with ATI Radeon Premuim Graphics (Resolution of 1600:900) Referesh Rate 60 Hz And I have Vista Home 32 bit. And I'm not sure if my laptop can hadle this type of game, I am really want to buy it. Please tell me if I can play it on my laptop.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Crysis (PC DVD) forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  4 Dec 2007
Latest post:  28 Nov 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Crysis (PC DVD)
Crysis (PC DVD) by Electronic Arts (Windows Vista / XP)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (167)