Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 128 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Jun 2012 06:55:01 BDT
Paul Smith says:
as this has sold out months before its released, should we not petition amazon to make more, it clearly is very desirable

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2012 09:09:29 BDT
J. Martin says:
It's still available in France on Amazon.

You can try a petition, but if only 1,000 copies were sold to Amazon UK then that's likely all they'll ever get. This is a limited edition set in all countries it's available and it's already sold out in most of them, so if Fox only made so many in those countries I don't see much happening in the UK. Sorry to be negative, but it's only in rare circumstances that more are produced for collector's set.

I'd suggest either get the French set, and fast, or wait for the chance that someone cancels their order without knowing it's OOP, then you can grab it if you're lucky.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2012 10:15:51 BDT
Does the French set have any different with the UK version? I just ordered French version, but still doubt it has same package with UK, also does it have English audio as well? Thanks!

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 10:33:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jun 2012 11:19:56 BDT
J. P. Doran says:
Yup, I just ordered one from Amazon.fr too... EUR49.99 (EUR41.80 actually as I don't get charged VAT since I live outside the EU) bit EUR15 for postage to NZ... Works out at NZD93.00 so better be bloody worth it!! Hoping to God that this version is the same as the UK one... Would've thought that all the extra content would be identical regardless of country, the writing on the movie case itself may be in French I suppose but who knows... hopefully not!!

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 15:12:49 BDT
I've just ordered this from amazon.fr but now i'm also doubting if it will be the exact same box set. I do however lean towards them not making this exclusive set, only to then make different sets for different regions, if that makes sense? Is there anyway i could ask amazon themselves?

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 15:13:39 BDT
I have just ordered it too from http://Amazon.fr. Fingers crossed guys! Hope to god its in english!

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 15:15:20 BDT
only problem is I dont speak more than 3 words of French so the book would be useless :(

Amazon need a second allocation and those who first signed up for email notifications should get first dibs - make it fair on a first come first serve sense

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 15:24:57 BDT
It's just annoying as i hadn't noticed that it was up for pre-order before today to then not be able to get it as they only made 1000 of them

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 16:18:49 BDT
Paul Smith says:
Thanks for the replies all. I will search the region 2 amazons and see what i can get...... if not i will have to wait for cancelled orders or second hand copies.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2012 17:08:39 BDT
J. Martin says:
Everything in the French set will probably be the same, apart from the separate Blu-ray case and disc art, which will obviously be in French. Because so few are being produced of this set it'll naturally just be more commercially viable to produce the same set all-round, with only minor differences.

The book I believe is just an art/photo book with no text and all the Titanic replicas will also probably be in English, because of course the originals were in English.

The disc content will probably be set to French as default, unless you're given the language option before the main menu appears, but I'm sure an English language option will be available, because most discs are mass-produced for a single continent, rather than just one country.

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 17:54:19 BDT
Mee moo says:
I don't mean to gloat but I ordered my copy on Amazon UK the day it was released and that's all thanks to Face Book. Had i not checked FB that day i never would have known about this wonderful limited edition box set! I'll never hate on Face Book again!

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 19:08:43 BDT
I check on Amazon most days as they sometimes have bargains,i just happened to notice the pre ordering of the Titanic so got my order in on time.The thing is how many is a limited edition,the Harry Potter box was a limited edition yet there was 25000 produced,i would hardly call that limited whereas a 1000 is more what i would call limited,the thing is i ordered mine because i want it,but im sure some would of ordered it just to sell and make a profit on ebay..

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 19:12:27 BDT
John Cutler says:
What day was this available for preorder then? Can't believe it has sold out already!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2012 19:32:05 BDT
Paul Smith says:
i noticed it two days ago, and as it isnt released until september thought i had time to order.... but noticed today its sold out..... missed it

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2012 19:35:09 BDT
Mee moo says:
Yeah after the release it will go up on ebay double the price. I'm a collector of Titanic memorabilia and paid over the odds for many times on ebay, unfortunately if i want something rare and limited edition i have to have it regardless of cost. I'm so happy i bagged this one before the sell out. It says only 1000 were produced, i wonder if that's overall or per country?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2012 19:37:48 BDT
Mee moo says:
You should take a chance on the French edition Paul before it sells out, i sure as hell would. Everything looks the same and i'm almost certain it will be dubbed in English.

Posted on 2 Jun 2012 22:04:56 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Jun 2012 22:38:29 BDT
J. P. Doran says:
I read on another blu ray forum where the news broke and users were buying 3 copies each, bragging about it, then going back on and buying 3 more trying to out-do eachother... Obviously without restrictions, people can do this if they wish but Amazon should've limited purchasing to one or two maximum per account to make it fairer on everyone... Maybe we could petition that they retrospectively enforce this due to the severely limited number of issues vs demand...

Posted on 3 Jun 2012 10:38:58 BDT
It was on Thursday 31 i ordered it,as far as i know it's only being released in Japan (already sold out) the U.k and France,1000 units per country

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2012 12:59:49 BDT
J. Martin says:
Japan had 2,500 units, whereas it's unknown how many units France has, but probably far more since they have yet to be sold out.

Posted on 4 Jun 2012 12:05:12 BDT
SeviR1987 says:
As the UK box had 1000 units only and the Japanese box 2500 only I'd say that there are far more vopies of the French box, because you can still put 999+ pieces in the basket at Amazon.fr

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jun 2012 09:38:01 BDT
Snooker DJ says:
Agree with Doran. I only found out about this yesterday and sick to hear people buying these up just to flog off on Ebay. I was ever left with the option to purchase on Ebay or buy from Amazon.fr. I went with the latter but I think Amazon needs to definately look at their policy with any such real limited edition such as this, steelbooks etc.

Posted on 7 Jun 2012 09:49:05 BDT
Snooker DJ says:
Ive just done a close up of the amazon.fr set. Outer hard case and book cover are in french so may have to cancel and wait for ebay. Thought i would let others know in case they were going down this route.

Posted on 8 Jun 2012 01:06:09 BDT
K. says:
No, Amazon should NOT sell more. This is a collector's item. if you were a real collector, then you would have watched this page/set and pre-ordered it immediately. Bad luck. You didn't get one this time, maybe you're lucky the next time a collector's edition shows up.

Posted on 8 Jun 2012 13:06:25 BDT
Snooker DJ says:
How can you watch a page if it does not even exist? Surely there was no page about this before the preorder page. The numbers should have been limited to one per customer to help collectors and lovers of the film order it who dont have the time and resources to scan Amazon every single hour of the day, unlike the greedy ebay sellers that will just flog these for a profit the day it comes out.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2012 15:21:42 BDT
A Jackson says:
I managed to grab one but I still agree it should have been limited to one per customer, people will just sell them for ridiculous prices on eBay.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  36
Total posts:  128
Initial post:  2 Jun 2012
Latest post:  25 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 20 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Titanic - Limited Collector's Edition (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) (1997) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Titanic - Limited Collector's Edition (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) (1997) [Blu-ray] [Region Free] by Leonardo DiCaprio (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (495)